BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I want to die. I want to die so bad. Every single second is so, so painful and unbearable. David Foster Wallace's infamous quote about suicide speaks to my very essence. I'm very quickly reaching the point where I'm going to jump. The only reason I would ever seek medication or therapy at this point is to try and keep myself from ending my life sooner than planned. There is no hope for me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: crybaby, GoneGoneGone, all_pointless and 13 others
D

Despairing

Student
Oct 25, 2019
Exactly like me, its like hell. David Wallace's quote is spot on. The thing that is stopping me is my mother. God help us (if he exists)

• Hugs
Reactions: iamsorry and BitterlyAlive
Sugar_Cookie21

Sugar_Cookie21

The world is a vampire
Jul 11, 2020
what keeps you from doing it now ?

Reactions: iamsorry, BitterlyAlive and Joey
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Exactly like me, its like hell. David Wallace's quote is spot on. The thing that is stopping me is my mother. God help us (if he exists)
I'm sorry you can understand how it feels.
what keeps you from doing it now ?
First, I can't really do it as planned right now. People in my life would be very suspicious of the sudden change in my actions, and I would be much more likely to be "saved". Ugh.

Second, as much as I want to do it now, I morally can't. Unfortunately there are people who care a lot about me, like my parents. They have their anniversary coming up later this month. If I ended my life this soon, it would ruin their subsequent anniversaries....and I can't do that to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: iamsorry and Despairing
rhiino

rhiino

Arcanist
May 13, 2020
What quote are you referencing to?

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
What quote are you referencing to?
"The so-called 'psychotically depressed' person who tries to kill herself doesn't do so out of quote 'hopelessness' or any abstract conviction that life's assets and debits do not square. And surely not because death seems suddenly appealing. The person in whom Its invisible agony reaches a certain unendurable level will kill herself the same way a trapped person will eventually jump from the window of a burning high-rise. Make no mistake about people who leap from burning windows. Their terror of falling from a great height is still just as great as it would be for you or me standing speculatively at the same window just checking out the view; i.e. the fear of falling remains a constant. The variable here is the other terror, the fire's flames: when the flames get close enough, falling to death becomes the slightly less terrible of two terrors. It's not desiring the fall; it's terror of the flames. And yet nobody down on the sidewalk, looking up and yelling 'Don't!' and 'Hang on!', can understand the jump. Not really. You'd have to have personally been trapped and felt flames to really understand a terror way beyond falling"

Reactions: iamsorry, draw a circle, woxihuanni and 1 other person
rhiino

rhiino

Arcanist
May 13, 2020
I can truly recognise myself in those words. The terror, for me, is this world and my mental and physical problems.

Reactions: Toobrokentofix, iamsorry and TimeToBiteTheDust
CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019
"The so-called 'psychotically depressed' person who tries to kill herself doesn't do so out of quote 'hopelessness' or any abstract conviction that life's assets and debits do not square. And surely not because death seems suddenly appealing. The person in whom Its invisible agony reaches a certain unendurable level will kill herself the same way a trapped person will eventually jump from the window of a burning high-rise. Make no mistake about people who leap from burning windows. Their terror of falling from a great height is still just as great as it would be for you or me standing speculatively at the same window just checking out the view; i.e. the fear of falling remains a constant. The variable here is the other terror, the fire's flames: when the flames get close enough, falling to death becomes the slightly less terrible of two terrors. It's not desiring the fall; it's terror of the flames. And yet nobody down on the sidewalk, looking up and yelling 'Don't!' and 'Hang on!', can understand the jump. Not really. You'd have to have personally been trapped and felt flames to really understand a terror way beyond falling"
This describes ctb so well. The terror of falling into non-existence as compared to the horror of getting burnt alive by life.

Reactions: Toobrokentofix, iamsorry, cantgetoutofbed and 1 other person
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
I'm desperate too. I can't say how disappointed I was when I woke up today.

Reactions: all_pointless, Toobrokentofix, iamsorry and 1 other person
C

cantgetoutofbed

Jul 21, 2020
I want to die. I want to die so bad. Every single second is so, so painful and unbearable. David Foster Wallace's infamous quote about suicide speaks to my very essence. I'm very quickly reaching the point where I'm going to jump. The only reason I would ever seek medication or therapy at this point is to try and keep myself from ending my life sooner than planned. There is no hope for me.
I understand exactly how you feel. Zero hope. Can't breathe.

• Hugs
Reactions: CarbonMonoxide, iamsorry and BitterlyAlive
C

cantgetoutofbed

Jul 21, 2020
Can you tell me more? Is this severe depression? That's what I'm dealing with. I never imagined, in all my life, that every moment could be so painful. What's going on with you?

• Hugs
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Can you tell me more? Is this severe depression? That's what I'm dealing with. I never imagined, in all my life, that every moment could be so painful. What's going on with you?
Sure. According to my mental health team (lmfao) this is severe depression. I feel like I don't deserve the label though, especially over the past few days. I've been working really, really hard to tie up loose ends and prepare to die...so I've been doing a lot of shopping (birthdays and Christmas) and have tried to hang out with friends. But I'm so bloody exhausted and still feel awful.
Sorry, anyway, yeah it's depression. Apparently cPTSD as well, which really makes sense. And yes, every moment is indescribably painful. I'm so sorry you have to deal with it too.
I feel like I left out a lot. Please feel free to reply or PM me and we can chat.

Reactions: iamsorry
C

cantgetoutofbed

Jul 21, 2020
Sure. According to my mental health team (lmfao) this is severe depression. I feel like I don't deserve the label though, especially over the past few days. I've been working really, really hard to tie up loose ends and prepare to die...so I've been doing a lot of shopping (birthdays and Christmas) and have tried to hang out with friends. But I'm so bloody exhausted and still feel awful.
Sorry, anyway, yeah it's depression. Apparently cPTSD as well, which really makes sense. And yes, every moment is indescribably painful. I'm so sorry you have to deal with it too.
I feel like I left out a lot. Please feel free to reply or PM me and we can chat.
I don't think I can PM yet as I'm newer, but would like to chat here if we can. Same. cPTSD and severe/major depression, but have never had it so severe that I can't get dressed/showered or do basic tasks. I wish I could go out shopping and see friends, but no one could see me this way and couldn't even get to a mall or shopping center. How are you able to get out of bed? Do you eat? I have no appetite. FYI I have to draw up a quick email that would normally take seconds, but everything is taking ages right now, so won't be able to respond for 10 minutes or so, but would really like to chat as I haven't found many on here with severe, debilitating depression. Are you living with anyone?
I don't think I can PM yet as I'm newer, but would like to chat here if we can. Same. cPTSD and severe/major depression, but have never had it so severe that I can't get dressed/showered or do basic tasks. I wish I could go out shopping and see friends, but no one could see me this way and couldn't even get to a mall or shopping center. How are you able to get out of bed? Do you eat? I have no appetite. FYI I have to draw up a quick email that would normally take seconds, but everything is taking ages right now, so won't be able to respond for 10 minutes or so, but would really like to chat as I haven't found many on here with severe, debilitating depression. Are you living with anyone?
Responded. If you're able to respond, I should be able to do so again in about 15 minutes or so. I'd really like someone to chat with.

Reactions: GoneGoneGone and iamsorry
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020

Responded. If you're able to respond, I should be able to do so again in about 15 minutes or so. I'd really like someone to chat with.
Just got back on, reading through right now. Totally up to chat, although I'm not good at talking just to warn you :/

C

cantgetoutofbed

Jul 21, 2020
Just got back on, reading through right now. Totally up to chat, although I'm not good at talking just to warn you :/
No worries. You seem to be pretty good at expressing yourself.
Not sure if it showed my response. I imagine you've tried a great deal to resolve the depression as I have? Has it remitted at all?

Last edited:
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
cPTSD and severe/major depression, but have never had it so severe that I can't get dressed/showered or do basic tasks. I wish I could go out shopping and see friends, but no one could see me this way and couldn't even get to a mall or shopping center. How are you able to get out of bed? Do you eat? I have no appetite. FYI I have to draw up a quick email that would normally take seconds, but everything is taking ages right now, so won't be able to respond for 10 minutes or so, but would really like to chat as I haven't found many on here with severe, debilitating depression. Are you living with anyone?
Mmm, so this bout of depression has been weird. I used to not be able to eat at all when it started. Lost a significant amount of weight very quickly. Then i started taking Lexapro. My appetite didn't return, but I developed a strange apathy and also lost my sense of taste. Ate a bunch of sugary crap to try and taste something, my severe anxiety towards food dissipated so I could eat like this. I stopped the Lexapro after two weeks but still eat like shit. Unfortunately I have a history of binge eating and I think the stars aligned and swung my eating habits the other way. I've been eating a bunch of garbage to try and cope with my emotions and boredom. Totally binging. I've gained 10 pounds in 3 or 4 months and wish I could go back to not being able to eat. I liked looking borderline underweight as bad as it sounds. I looked good for once. Anyway, sorry, yes I do eat now and I eat too much. I really don't even want to eat. Every time I eat I want to make myself puke but I keep eating like this so...yeah. sorry for being so repetitive.
As for getting out of bed.... God, it's difficult. I get out of bed because I live at home and I'm expected to do things, and because I have to try and hang out with friends in my last few weeks. I wish I could stay in bed though. When I'm anywhere else I have a strong urge to just lay on the floor. Lmao.
I've never lived alone. To be honest I wouldn't be safe by myself. I have a habit of self-harming, plus I would stay in bed and neglect myself. I already struggle with basic things living with others; it would be horrible living alone.
Don't worry about taking a while to respond. I understand that it's difficult, mate.

Reactions: Neville1
C

cantgetoutofbed

Jul 21, 2020
No worries. You seem to be pretty good at expressing yourself.

Not sure if it showed my response. I imagine you've tried a great deal to resolve the depression as I have? Has it remitted at all?
Read a couple of your previous posts. Just becoming accustomed to these threads. I feel like an outcast here as well as so many seem so functional. I was extremely funciton
Mmm, so this bout of depression has been weird. I used to not be able to eat at all when it started. Lost a significant amount of weight very quickly. Then i started taking Lexapro. My appetite didn't return, but I developed a strange apathy and also lost my sense of taste. Ate a bunch of sugary crap to try and taste something, my severe anxiety towards food dissipated so I could eat like this. I stopped the Lexapro after two weeks but still eat like shit. Unfortunately I have a history of binge eating and I think the stars aligned and swung my eating habits the other way. I've been eating a bunch of garbage to try and cope with my emotions and boredom. Totally binging. I've gained 10 pounds in 3 or 4 months and wish I could go back to not being able to eat. I liked looking borderline underweight as bad as it sounds. I looked good for once. Anyway, sorry, yes I do eat now and I eat too much. I really don't even want to eat. Every time I eat I want to make myself puke but I keep eating like this so...yeah. sorry for being so repetitive.
As for getting out of bed.... God, it's difficult. I get out of bed because I live at home and I'm expected to do things, and because I have to try and hang out with friends in my last few weeks. I wish I could stay in bed though. When I'm anywhere else I have a strong urge to just lay on the floor. Lmao.
I've never lived alone. To be honest I wouldn't be safe by myself. I have a habit of self-harming, plus I would stay in bed and neglect myself. I already struggle with basic things living with others; it would be horrible living alone.
Don't worry about taking a while to respond. I understand that it's difficult, mate.
That all makes a lot of sense. I wish I could be hungry. I have zero appetite. Was on lexapro years ago and for a long time. Have you been on other meds? In terms of the self-harm, has your "team" said anything about BPD?

• Hugs
Reactions: BitterlyAlive
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I've tried so many things. It simply hasn't gotten better. I've had bouts of worsened depression before (dysthymia is my baseline but it gets more severe every now and then)... This is by far the worse I've been though. Meh.
I haven't tried partial hospitalization, although it's been recommended a few times. One doctor wanted me to go full inpatient because of my level of functioning. Lol. I also haven't tried MAOIs, or more than one TCA (more powerful antidepressants than your standard SSRI like Zoloft). But I don't want to try anything anymore. I'm just worn out and fed up.
What about you?

C

cantgetoutofbed

Jul 21, 2020
Do you have a plan? You said "my last few weeks." I want each day/moment to be my last, but can't figure out what to do.
I've tried so many things. It simply hasn't gotten better. I've had bouts of worsened depression before (dysthymia is my baseline but it gets more severe every now and then)... This is by far the worse I've been though. Meh.
I haven't tried partial hospitalization, although it's been recommended a few times. One doctor wanted me to go full inpatient because of my level of functioning. Lol. I also haven't tried MAOIs, or more than one TCA (more powerful antidepressants than your standard SSRI like Zoloft). But I don't want to try anything anymore. I'm just worn out and fed up.
What about you?
Gosh, if you have "severe" depression, I wonder what mine is since I can't even take care of myself - literally can't. I feel like I've tried everything. Too many things. I'm worn out also and just over this life. But I don't know what to do that will assure that I will go? The worst thing would be to end up in a psych ward (I voluntarily admitted myself once) or maimed. But mostly in a psych ward long-term. Have you made plans? I did really well for a few months again (end of December through most of April) and was with someone whom I thought was "my person," finally, and then there was a sudden breakup after all of these talks about it being long-term (it was an intense relationship, where I finally felt loved and respected; I was sure it was permanent), and the end of it seemed to just flip a switch after I've already lost so much and had such a horrific childhood. I don't know what has happened ("nervous breakdown"), but I can't control it. Always got over things in the past, somehow, but sort of always had someone there. But I have no one. And can't see so-called "friends" due to the pandemic and social distancing. All of my friends are with their families in their little "pods."
What about you?
I tried some sort of partial in 2019, and it was pretty horrendous. Did nothing. Mainly just art and "therapy" - CBT etc. Did nothing. But I was better then than I am now. I could get there, function, dress, etc.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: BitterlyAlive
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I feel like an outcast here.
That all makes a lot of sense. I wish I could be hungry. I have zero appetite. Was on lexapro years ago and for a long time. Have you been on other meds? In terms of the self-harm, has your "team" said anything about BPD?
Do you have a plan? You said "my last few weeks." I want each day/moment to be my last, but can't figure out what to do.
I understand feeling like an outcast. I feel like one socially, like nothing I say even on here is meaningful. If it helps, I doubt you're alone in being unable to function. Really. I know that it doesn't make it any easier though. I think the only reason I'm able to do anything is because I've decided to finally die. I still feel like I'm running on fumes. Still calling into work a lot. I wonder if I'll have the energy to do it when the time comes.
I've been on so many meds. I worried that I had BPD because of longterm chronic suicidal thoughts, self-harm issues, and little things like abandonment issues. Plus, the antidepressants and therapy never really helped, so something else had to be going on. But my emotions aren't always volatile. There's always a trigger, like someone acts slightly different, raises their voice, etc. Or I think about past relationship issues and it just causes me to spiral for an abnormal amount of time. So BPD sort of fits, sort of doesn't. There's other things but I've talked enough. Basically I don't meet diagnostic criteria. Instead, I was diagnosed with cPTSD, which is very similar to BPD but slightly different. Pete Walker explains it well, if you want me to share some quotes.
I have a plan, yep. SN in a hotel room...again, assuming I can find the energy to do it. It's the only thing that seems feasible. Is there any way we can help you comfortably come to a decision on here? It is very distressing wanting to die but feeling unable to really do anything about it.

C

cantgetoutofbed

Jul 21, 2020
I understand feeling like an outcast. I feel like one socially, like nothing I say even on here is meaningful. If it helps, I doubt you're alone in being unable to function. Really. I know that it doesn't make it any easier though. I think the only reason I'm able to do anything is because I've decided to finally die. I still feel like I'm running on fumes. Still calling into work a lot. I wonder if I'll have the energy to do it when the time comes.
I've been on so many meds. I worried that I had BPD because of longterm chronic suicidal thoughts, self-harm issues, and little things like abandonment issues. Plus, the antidepressants and therapy never really helped, so something else had to be going on. But my emotions aren't always volatile. There's always a trigger, like someone acts slightly different, raises their voice, etc. Or I think about past relationship issues and it just causes me to spiral for an abnormal amount of time. So BPD sort of fits, sort of doesn't. There's other things but I've talked enough. Basically I don't meet diagnostic criteria. Instead, I was diagnosed with cPTSD, which is very similar to BPD but slightly different. Pete Walker explains it well, if you want me to share some quotes.
I have a plan, yep. SN in a hotel room...again, assuming I can find the energy to do it. It's the only thing that seems feasible. Is there any way we can help you comfortably come to a decision on here? It is very distressing wanting to die but feeling unable to really do anything about it.
I understand. I was recently told I was BPD - major abandonment issues, but never had self-harm issues in the past and not suicidal ideation until much later - when I was truly abandoned as an adult. But someone also mentioned cPTSD to me, due to my entire childhood/teen years. I'm curious about the SN because it seems difficult to obtain (I'm wondering how you got it and how long it took), and there was also a document shared here (I can forward if you haven't seen), showing that a good number of SN attempts were nonfatal, which seemed scary. Also seems like a pretty lengthy process/steps to take to go through in order to attempt it in which a lot of things have to go right. Apologies - I'm generally much better with my grammar, syntax, etc., but have just been having issues with a lot of confusion as well. So, yes, could use some help in terms of the method/decision and instructions.
I do know, as you said above about yourself, that there is no hope for me.
Hope I didn't overwhelm you. Yes, would like to hear more about the SN, though it seems like quite a process.

Last edited:
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I understand. I was recently told I was BPD - major abandonment issues, but never had self-harm issues in the past and not suicidal ideation until much later - when I was truly abandoned as an adult. But someone also mentioned cPTSD to me, due to my entire childhood/teen years. I'm curious about the SN because it seems difficult to obtain (I'm wondering how you got it and how long it took), and there was also a document shared here (I can forward if you haven't seen), showing that a good number of SN attempts were nonfatal, which seemed scary. Also seems like a pretty lengthy process/steps to take to go through in order to attempt it in which a lot of things have to go right. Apologies - I'm generally much better with my grammar, syntax, etc., but have just been having issues with a lot of confusion as well. So, yes, could use some help in terms of the method/decision and instructions.
Trust me mate, it's alright. Depression makes it very difficult to think and articulate things.
CPTSD shares so many symptoms with BPD, which is why they're often confused during diagnosis. Fear of abandoment, emotional dysregulation, suicidal ideation, etc. Then to make things more confusing, a person can have both BPD and cPTSD. Clinicians really have their work cut out for them in terms of diagnosing.
I'm sorry you've had to deal with abandonment; I think it's one of the most painful things a person can experience. Past trauma only makes it worse.
I live in America, so it was relatively easy to obtain my SN. I can't give specifics while we're talking publicly...but I found it on one of the many popular online shopping sites. It seems a bit tricky to obtain it in other countries.
I think I've looked through that document. It seems like a lot of the failed attempts were due to being found, or vomiting. I'm scared that one of those will happen to me as well. I guess if I vomit it, I can either have more already prepared or drink a bunch of Emergen-C (apparently vitamin C is an "antidote", but I need to look into that).
I guess if I fail and if I can avoid medical services (may not be possible), I'm only out a couple hundred bucks....
As for a general guide, Stan's guide on this website is really thorough. It's a bit of heavy reading in my opinion, but that could be the depression lmao

C

cantgetoutofbed

Jul 21, 2020
Trust me mate, it's alright. Depression makes it very difficult to think and articulate things.
CPTSD shares so many symptoms with BPD, which is why they're often confused during diagnosis. Fear of abandoment, emotional dysregulation, suicidal ideation, etc. Then to make things more confusing, a person can have both BPD and cPTSD. Clinicians really have their work cut out for them in terms of diagnosing.
I'm sorry you've had to deal with abandonment; I think it's one of the most painful things a person can experience. Past trauma only makes it worse.
I live in America, so it was relatively easy to obtain my SN. I can't give specifics while we're talking publicly...but I found it on one of the many popular online shopping sites. It seems a bit tricky to obtain it in other countries.
I think I've looked through that document. It seems like a lot of the failed attempts were due to being found, or vomiting. I'm scared that one of those will happen to me as well. I guess if I vomit it, I can either have more already prepared or drink a bunch of Emergen-C (apparently vitamin C is an "antidote", but I need to look into that).
I guess if I fail and if I can avoid medical services (may not be possible), I'm only out a couple hundred bucks....
As for a general guide, Stan's guide on this website is really thorough. It's a bit of heavy reading in my opinion, but that could be the depression lmao
Yes, I looked at that guide - and read quite a bit through all of the SN threads. Did you purchase just through a regular browser? Wasn't sure if you had to have a license to buy. I'm in America also, but I can't tell what's what online. I see food grade stuff and percentages, but am new to this and can't really decipher what it is that I need to purchase. Even saw something on amazon. Also looks like you have to take several steps over a fairly long period of time- fasting, antiemetic, etc. Is that the case? I just looked up SN online, and there are different forms (powder, solid, etc) as well as types. Pretty confusing. Somehow, I have an Ivy degree and can't figure it out, though I've read a great deal about it.
Also different kinds of antiemetics. Not just one, and they all begin with "meto." So that's confusing.
Been looking at the non-fatal document again, and it looks like most did it correctly. A few were rescued, but it seems to have not have had the desired effect on many, which is scary. I'm willing to give a try and read about APC for SN, but not sure about the antiemetic. Did you obtain all of your instructions here on the site?

Last edited:
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020

Gosh, if you have "severe" depression, I wonder what mine is since I can't even take care of myself - literally can't. I feel like I've tried everything. Too many things. I'm worn out also and just over this life. But I don't know what to do that will assure that I will go? The worst thing would be to end up in a psych ward (I voluntarily admitted myself once) or maimed. But mostly in a psych ward long-term. Have you made plans? I did really well for a few months again (end of December through most of April) and was with someone whom I thought was "my person," finally, and then there was a sudden breakup after all of these talks about it being long-term (it was an intense relationship, where I finally felt loved and respected; I was sure it was permanent), and the end of it seemed to just flip a switch after I've already lost so much and had such a horrific childhood. I don't know what has happened ("nervous breakdown"), but I can't control it. Always got over things in the past, somehow, but sort of always had someone there. But I have no one. And can't see so-called "friends" due to the pandemic and social distancing. All of my friends are with their families in their little "pods."

I tried some sort of partial in 2019, and it was pretty horrendous. Did nothing. Mainly just art and "therapy" - CBT etc. Did nothing. But I was better then than I am now. I could get there, function, dress, etc.
Oh shit, I never saw this. I'm so so sorry. Let me read through this and I'll get back to you.

Okay, I only saw the first line and somehow missed the paragraph underneath. God. I'm so sorry

C

cantgetoutofbed

Jul 21, 2020
Oh shit, I never saw this. I'm so so sorry. Let me read through this and I'll get back to you.

Okay, I only saw the first line and somehow missed the paragraph underneath. God. I'm so sorry
No worries - no need to respond to that, specifically. Was reading medical journals online, and it looks like SN is a pretty gory death in terms of what it does to the stomach, intestines, etc. Just going by what the scientific stuff says....

pasting what i wrote previously, in case you missed it:
Yes, I looked at that guide - and read quite a bit through all of the SN threads. Did you purchase just through a regular browser? Wasn't sure if you had to have a license to buy. I'm in America also, but I can't tell what's what online. I see food grade stuff and percentages, but am new to this and can't really decipher what it is that I need to purchase. Even saw something on amazon. Also looks like you have to take several steps over a fairly long period of time- fasting, antiemetic, etc. Is that the case? I just looked up SN online, and there are different forms (powder, solid, etc) as well as types. Pretty confusing. Somehow, I have an Ivy degree and can't figure it out, though I've read a great deal about it.
Also different kinds of antiemetics. Not just one, and they all begin with "meto." So that's confusing.
Been looking at the non-fatal document again, and it looks like most did it correctly. A few were rescued, but it seems to have not have had the desired effect on many, which is scary. I'm willing to give a try and read about APC for SN, but not sure about the antiemetic. Did you obtain all of your instructions here on the site?

Last edited:
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020

I want to respond because what you say is important. It's not a problem.

See, I find myself doubting the label of "severe" depression. My view is, I'm not catatonic, so is it really severe or am I just a liar? Yeah um, it's dumb. But getting hung up on those details is really just going to make the issue worse. Comparing pain isn't good, no matter how natural it feels or how tempting it may be. I have to trust that these many doctors were right in saying that mine was severe. Yours is too.

Partial sounds like a load of bunk to me, too. I can already educate myself on depression and how to cope - a lack of knowledge isn't the problem. The problem is just depression itself lmao. Also psych wards sound terrifying, so kudos to you for being brave enough to voluntarily go. I couldn't do it. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss - because, really, that's what it is (at least when you have abandonment issues). It's literally like someone died or something, even though logically they...just kinda left. I had something similar happen fairly recently, although it was entirely platonic. God, I know how badly it hurts. I feel like that was a huge reason I've just kept getting worse.

I don't know if this really helps, but you have us here. I've found that people here really understand the struggles that we both face, and it's nice to be able to talk to people that get it.

now, as for SN.... I have gotten everything from this site. Too lazy too look elsewhere... It looks like you want to buy something that's 96% or over if I remember right? Mine is 99%, powdered form. Food-grade should be fine as long as it's the high percentage. There is a bit of a lengthy preparation regimen, including the fasting. Very important to follow it. There are so many things that can be used as an antiemetic. I don't feel comfortable lying to a doctor for meto, and I have a bunch of Seroquel leftover from a prescription, which can be used as an antiemetic. I know that you shouldn't try the antipsychotics unless you're actually prescribed them though. Partly because it has to build up to function as an antiemetic (? i think), and you have to take a certain amount (for Seroquel it's 300mg+) for the antiemetic effect.

I haven't looked up what it actually does to your insides. I guess I'd rather not know. The cyanosis is enough for me, lol.

C

cantgetoutofbed

Jul 21, 2020
I want to respond because what you say is important. It's not a problem.

See, I find myself doubting the label of "severe" depression. My view is, I'm not catatonic, so is it really severe or am I just a liar? Yeah um, it's dumb. But getting hung up on those details is really just going to make the issue worse. Comparing pain isn't good, no matter how natural it feels or how tempting it may be. I have to trust that these many doctors were right in saying that mine was severe. Yours is too.

Partial sounds like a load of bunk to me, too. I can already educate myself on depression and how to cope - a lack of knowledge isn't the problem. The problem is just depression itself lmao. Also psych wards sound terrifying, so kudos to you for being brave enough to voluntarily go. I couldn't do it. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss - because, really, that's what it is (at least when you have abandonment issues). It's literally like someone died or something, even though logically they...just kinda left. I had something similar happen fairly recently, although it was entirely platonic. God, I know how badly it hurts. I feel like that was a huge reason I've just kept getting worse.

I don't know if this really helps, but you have us here. I've found that people here really understand the struggles that we both face, and it's nice to be able to talk to people that get it.

now, as for SN.... I have gotten everything from this site. Too lazy too look elsewhere... It looks like you want to buy something that's 96% or over if I remember right? Mine is 99%, powdered form. Food-grade should be fine as long as it's the high percentage. There is a bit of a lengthy preparation regimen, including the fasting. Very important to follow it. There are so many things that can be used as an antiemetic. I don't feel comfortable lying to a doctor for meto, and I have a bunch of Seroquel leftover from a prescription, which can be used as an antiemetic. I know that you shouldn't try the antipsychotics unless you're actually prescribed them though. Partly because it has to build up to function as an antiemetic (? i think), and you have to take a certain amount (for Seroquel it's 300mg+) for the antiemetic effect.

I haven't looked up what it actually does to your insides. I guess I'd rather not know. The cyanosis is enough for me, lol.
Thank you for such a thoughtful response. Yes, i had major issues prior with mood etc at times, but abandonment is what put me here. I think what is happening is what was, in prior days, called "Nervous Breakdown." Anyway, thank you for sharing your perspective - and for being there. That means a lot - you're taking time out for me, and it's appreciated.

So are you saying that you have to go to a doctor to get meto? Also, I looked online and if you google "meto" and "Antiemetic," different types of drugs appear. Metoclopramide, Metopimazinem, Metozolv, etc. I'm wondering how people on here are getting it. They seem to say that only one type works.
In terms of Seroquel, I'm on it for sleep 100mg, but it actually makes me nauseous, so that's interesting it's used as an antiemetic.

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Thank you for such a thoughtful response. Yes, i had major issues prior with mood etc at times, but abandonment is what put me here. I think what is happening is what was, in prior days, called "Nervous Breakdown." Anyway, thank you for sharing your perspective - and for being there. That means a lot - you're taking time out for me, and it's appreciated.

So are you saying that you have to go to a doctor to get meto? Also, I looked online and if you google "meto" and "Antiemetic," different types of drugs appear. Metoclopramide, Metopimazinem, Metozolv, etc. I'm wondering how people on here are getting it. They seem to say that only one type works.
In terms of Seroquel, I'm on it for sleep 100mg, but it actually makes me nauseous, so that's interesting it's used as an antiemetic.
See, and the frustrating thing is that people are so quick to criticize someone who is feeling more depressed, or even suicidal, due to abandonment. Yes, it may sound stupid, but the pain is very real. The thing I appreciate about my recent cPTSD diagnosis is that it really opened the door to me reading Pete Walker's website. He discusses two very interesting concepts - emotional flashbacks and abandonment depression. Some people say he's full of it and what he says is bunk science, but it's at least something that's worth reading and thinking about. It really helps me understand that I'm not crazy, I'm just dealing with things that a lot of other people in my shoes struggle with as well. These are basically breakdowns due to past traumas.

You may be able to buy meto online, I think there's pharmacy websites and whatnot? But I've never been interested enough to look into that kind of stuff. So, for someone like me, that leaves the only option of seeing a doctor. Lmao, sorry if this is too much, but I tried Seroquel for one night...I was prescribed 50mg and found it didn't do anything, so I took 100mg more. My doctor wasn't too happy when I told them. I guess it makes sense; you don't wanna f with antipsychotics, even the milder atypical ones. It really sucks that it makes you nauseous.

C

cantgetoutofbed

Jul 21, 2020
See, and the frustrating thing is that people are so quick to criticize someone who is feeling more depressed, or even suicidal, due to abandonment. Yes, it may sound stupid, but the pain is very real. The thing I appreciate about my recent cPTSD diagnosis is that it really opened the door to me reading Pete Walker's website. He discusses two very interesting concepts - emotional flashbacks and abandonment depression. Some people say he's full of it and what he says is bunk science, but it's at least something that's worth reading and thinking about. It really helps me understand that I'm not crazy, I'm just dealing with things that a lot of other people in my shoes struggle with as well. These are basically breakdowns due to past traumas.

You may be able to buy meto online, I think there's pharmacy websites and whatnot? But I've never been interested enough to look into that kind of stuff. So, for someone like me, that leaves the only option of seeing a doctor. Lmao, sorry if this is too much, but I tried Seroquel for one night...I was prescribed 50mg and found it didn't do anything, so I took 100mg more. My doctor wasn't too happy when I told them. I guess it makes sense; you don't wanna f with antipsychotics, even the milder atypical ones. It really sucks that it makes you nauseous.
Doesn't sound stupid at all! You really do get it. It's only natural - if one has severe abandonment issues - that being abandoned would create enormous pain. I'll look into Pete Walker's work....thank you for that. "Abandonment Depression" sounds interesting. Possibly like situational depression?

Seroquel is just to put me to sleep (and it's the only thing that makes me hungry, but for only about a half hour). What happened when you took too much of it????

Reactions: taylor321 and BitterlyAlive
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Doesn't sound stupid at all! You really do get it. It's only natural - if one has severe abandonment issues - that being abandoned would create enormous pain. I'll look into Pete Walker's work....thank you for that. "Abandonment Depression" sounds interesting. Possibly like situational depression?

Seroquel is just to put me to sleep (and it's the only thing that makes me hungry, but for only about a half hour). What happened when you took too much of it????
I have his book out right now... I can list important points (based on my understanding):
• Abandonment depression is a severe response to...well, perceived abandonment
• The idea is that we're triggered into fear and shame, which causes the "inner critic" to take over (described as retraumatizing), which causes a fight/flight/freeze/fawn response
• It seems to basically be a giant emotional flashback, which is generally a level of "fear, shame, alienation, rage, grief, and/or depression" that's disproportionate to tge triggering event ie perceived abandonment
- emotional flashbacks can last "from moments to weeks on end"...during my more recent experience, it seems like my depression got significantly worse for a while (not sure if it was a week?) and I remember feeling an unbearable amount of shame, grief, and depression. Horrible stuff.

I find that Walker doesn't really explain some concepts well, so I'm not sure if my bullet points sum it up accurately. But when I first read the idea of abandonment depression and emotional flashbacks...it was like "wow so many other people feel this way!" Regardless I still feel like a melodramatic freak lmao but ah well. Reddit's r/cptsd helps too if you're interested.

Hey, it's cool that Seroquel makes you hungry at least for a little bit. I was prescribed Seroquel for insomnia and to augment my antidepressant. It may have helped if I took it more than the one time... I don't really remember it doing anything at all. It may have made me hungry too but idk.