LikeAPendulum

LikeAPendulum

Aug 25, 2022
Over the past days, or even the past weeks or months, I've been finding it more difficult to cook or eat because every time I eat alone, and I can't help but feel awful. What's the point? I ask myself. Ive cooked fancy dishes for myself but in the end they aren't enjoyable when you aren't feeding someone.

With everything that's going on in my mind, I'd risk going way off topic, but I'm competent to be… not alone essentially. I've been used to being alone for a long time but I guess I can't hide from the pain of loneliness no more.

I shouldn't have chickened out last time.

• Hugs
Reactions: godsseepiestsoldier, undecided and ThisUnrest
T

ThisUnrest

Seeking personal sovereignty
Aug 15, 2023
Agree. Ive felt this way since my husband unexpectedly died. He always did the grocery shopping and was a great cook. I can barely eat once a day now, it just is so empty and depressing to be eating alone. It's sickening to still be alive with him gone.

• Hugs
Reactions: dhaak, undecided and LikeAPendulum
kunikuzushi

kunikuzushi

sause
Jan 24, 2023
I agree it's terrible eating alone. Maybe you can cook simpler meals and eat while watching something funny/comforting. I can't bring myself to spend more than 5 minutes making food for myself. I'm sorry you're going through the pain of loneliness and I wish you comfort.

• Informative
Reactions: dhaak