• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I cannot stand it when people force toxic positivity about existence, it's disgusting and insulting when they do that. No matter what they say existence could never be something positive, rather existing is just meaningless suffering, the existence of life is the most horrific tragedy that has caused nothing but harm. To have the ability to exist as a conscious being in this hellish reality is so incredibly futile and hopeless, existence serves no purpose other than to torment existing beings.

The amount of suffering and cruelty in this reality is simply beyond comprehension, it's horrifying how there is literally no limit as to how much one can suffer as long as they exist. I'm disgusted by toxic positivity as it dismisses and invalidates how much of an abomination existence truly is, in fact existence itself is the true problem, it's something so evil as it's the source of all suffering.

There's nothing positive about how existing beings have been tormented all throughout history in this existence there was never a need for in the first place, it disgusts me how so many humans dismiss how harmful and repulsive existence truly is. Under no circumstances would I ever wish to exist here, I'd always prefer to not exist, suicide for me would be suffering prevention, to exist will always be undesirable no matter what.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I tend to think that this site doesn't promote toxic positivity until the replies in your threads other than mine proves you wrong. Toxic positivity truly is sickening and disgusting to see. There is absolutely nothing enjoyable about existence for me and there never will be. I will always crave permanent non existence

4_science

4_science

Apr 12, 2024
"Toxic" positivity often comes from a place of trying to cope with somebody who experiences something they can´t imagine or never experienced themselves. It is a way of coping with the unknown. The intentions are not bad per se. But you can´t walk in the shoes of somebody else. I´d say toxic positivity comes from a place of not caring and might be learnt behaviour. Positivity might come from a place of not being able to relate but care using the mechanisms they got. I think you can tell these two apart when a person is talking to you.

Reactions: divinemistress36
I

Irrelevant biologist

Jun 3, 2020
I cannot stand it when people force toxic positivity about existence, it's disgusting and insulting when they do that. No matter what they say existence could never be something positive, rather existing is just meaningless suffering, the existence of life is the most horrific tragedy that has caused nothing but harm. To have the ability to exist as a conscious being in this hellish reality is so incredibly futile and hopeless, existence serves no purpose other than to torment existing beings.

The amount of suffering and cruelty in this reality is simply beyond comprehension, it's horrifying how there is literally no limit as to how much one can suffer as long as they exist. I'm disgusted by toxic positivity as it dismisses and invalidates how much of an abomination existence truly is, in fact existence itself is the true problem, it's something so evil as it's the source of all suffering.

There's nothing positive about how existing beings have been tormented all throughout history in this existence there was never a need for in the first place, it disgusts me how so many humans dismiss how harmful and repulsive existence truly is. Under no circumstances would I ever wish to exist here, I'd always prefer to not exist, suicide for me would be suffering prevention, to exist will always be undesirable no matter what.
I'm with you. I have read the comments... they just do not understand. I agree 100%.

Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
I would be interested to know what FC considers to be "toxic positivity" given she's been quite approving of what she would normally consider to be a thread of "toxic positivity", started by a subsequently banned "prolifer" in the past but hey, who knows...

Just ignore the trolls on here. Unfortunately sometimes there are people like that on here. There is nothing wrong with your thread and it is a good idea for the recovery section. You are doing great trying to help people. I hope that you are able to enjoy the things you listed.

B

betternever2havbeen

Elementalist
Jun 19, 2022
@Chinaski wow wasn't expecting that..

A

AnAnonymousCrow

Apr 19, 2024
If people want you to live for the sake of living, it's toxic. They're thinking of either general reasons why anyone would enjoy life or reasons why they enjoy life. I think what makes it toxic is the point of the positivity. If you're being encouraging and sympathetic (as a way of being positive) to try and reduce someone's suffering, that's totally fine. You're just trying to take their pain away. Sometimes, your advice might require them to be alive, which might require some level of endorsement for life. If you think they should keep living for reasons that don't apply to them, then your advice is probably not going to do much. Offering good justifications for bad advice can sour some good beliefs and come across as toxic. That's just my two cents. There's nothing wrong with being positive about life and encouraging them to do the same if that will end their suffering.

Reactions: sserafim
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I would be interested to know what FC considers to be "toxic positivity" given she's been quite approving of what she would normally consider to be a thread of "toxic positivity", started by a subsequently banned "prolifer" in the past but hey, who knows...

The term: "toxic positivity" means nothing anymore; just as terms or words such as "pro-life" or "hater" have lost their meaning too. After a while when a buzzword/buzzterm becomes popular it starts to be used as just another way of saying: "anything I don't like." This applies to the whole internet.