• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

M

Marawa

HereButNot
Dec 30, 2018
I gave my identity info to a member who said they could navigate exit international since I'm 50. They asked for no money & supposedly we would share access to their message board.
at the time I thought, the worse that could happen is they hunt me down & kill me? & I have no credit to destroy. dumb dumb dumb
Can anyone think of what could be done or what kind of scam this is? Ps I already feel stupid enough

Reactions: Manaaja, coileanbeag, Circles and 2 others
ImsooDone1N

ImsooDone1N

Arcanist
Nov 22, 2018
Well don't feel silly. Do you think this person has malicious intentions? Finally it depends what information you gave to the other user. Hopefully it was a minimal amount of personal information. My advice is for the time being, keep on the lookout for anything out of the ordinary related to the information & content of what you talked to the other user about. Please try not to stress yourself out about it. We all make errors in judgment. Hope everything is ok.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Manaaja, lost_soul83 and 5 others
M

Marawa

HereButNot
Dec 30, 2018
I have no idea, I didn't think so since we chatted quite a bit, had similar health issues & they didn't ask for a dime. EVEN OFFERED to send me the money to pay for the membership but since I'm not so good with apps & suicidally depressed & she seemed more composed I thought she'd be better at it but she's not 50 yet. Thought it was mutual assistance.
But suddenly no replies or activity makes me suspicious

Reactions: Manaaja and ImsooDone1N
ImsooDone1N

ImsooDone1N

Arcanist
Nov 22, 2018
I don't know much about exit international being as I'm too young. But if exit international only helps people 50 or older, I don't know what the other user was looking to get out of it. Though I try to look at things from more than one perspective, I personally know that I could have found myself in a similar situation. Being as I am only looking to help others, I sometimes feel as though Im being naive (which I think says something about the sad state if the world). But my hope is that there is nothing the other user can do to you. My only guess as to why they stopped replying (kinda rude; tho shit happens) is they looked into it & possibly found that it would not benefit them & had a "change of heart" as to whether they wanted to simply help another person in their situation. Hope no issues come of this; but if they do lmk. ~wishing you all the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Manaaja, lost_soul83 and 3 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Did you give her your SSN etc? I don't know what Exit requires in terms of personal info.

If you feel like your identity might be stolen then keep an eye out regarding your financials (bank account and credit cards) and check your credit report for new accounts or inquiries.

Maybe also just try to relax and give it more time. She may just be busy or flaky.

Reactions: Manaaja, Norest4thewicked, Circles and 4 others
R

Roberto

Wizard
Jan 19, 2019
I would have done the same. I believe in people. I don't know what could be done with the info against you.
Normally you have to sign something about buying or the like.

Reactions: Manaaja, not-2-b-the-answer and Marawa
M

Marawa

HereButNot
Dec 30, 2018
Did you give her your SSN etc? I don't know what Exit requires in terms of personal info.

If you feel like your identity might be stolen then keep an eye out regarding your financials (bank account and credit cards) and check your credit report for new accounts or inquiries.

Maybe also just try to relax and give it more time. She may just be busy or flaky.
No I didn't give ssn. Thank God
I would have done the same. I believe in people. I don't know what could be done with the info against you.
Normally you have to sign something about buying or the like.
Thanks for responding your probably right.

Right she probably just as paranoid & anxious as I am. God is this hard & I don't understand why when kids get it right. thank everyone for your advice replies. I'm a wreck

Last edited:
Reactions: Manaaja, not-2-b-the-answer, Deleted member 4993 and 2 others
Redrock

Redrock

Student
Mar 5, 2019
they ask for a copy of your photo ID card

Reactions: ImsooDone1N and Marawa
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
You know what - fwiw Ive had a passport stolen and my driver license stolen with my SS card. I know it sounds unbelievable. However, I always say who would want my ID? I have horrible credit too, history of mental health issues and other problems. I am not trying to downplay your situation, but go easy on yourself. Its natural to want to trust someone when they are rare enough to be on this site. Nothing ever came out of any of those situations.

Reactions: Manaaja, not-2-b-the-answer, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person
M

Marawa

HereButNot
Dec 30, 2018
You know what - fwiw Ive had a passport stolen and my driver license stolen with my SS card. I know it sounds unbelievable. However, I always say who would want my ID? I have horrible credit too, history of mental health issues and other problems. I am not trying to downplay your situation, but go easy on yourself. Its natural to want to trust someone when they are rare enough to be on this site. Nothing ever came out of any of those situations.
Thanks for sharing that. Sorry it happened but it does help me feel better.
And I generally do trust esp here. thank you for helping me unknot my stomach.

Reactions: Manaaja, coileanbeag, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
They can do a lot with personal information. It's poor logic to even wear a name badge with your real name at a workplace that is public facing to any extent, in the same way you would not want nodes/devices to be publicly facing and advertising their presence and services. You are an attack surface because you harbor points of entry into other realms and a name and place or any two pieces of similar info offers a platform for information or privilege escalation.

• Aww..
Reactions: Manaaja, ImsooDone1N, not-2-b-the-answer and 1 other person
N

neveranyhope

Mar 27, 2019
You're probably okay, try not to beat yourself up too much. I've done it before too. As long as they don't have your SSN or email/bank passwords you should be okay. I heard something the other day that might make you feel better - there are only 2 kinds of companies, those that have been hacked, and those who don't realize yet they've been hacked. I think the same rule probably applies to people.

• Love
Reactions: Manaaja, not-2-b-the-answer and Marawa
M

Marawa

HereButNot
Dec 30, 2018
You're probably okay, try not to beat yourself up too much. I've done it before too. As long as they don't have your SSN or email/bank passwords you should be okay. I heard something the other day that might make you feel better - there are only 2 kinds of companies, those that have been hacked, and those who don't realize yet they've been hacked. I think the same rule probably applies to people.
taking @waived warning in account, I going choose to take your advice because really if they never come back wth can I do anyway.
thanks for the support my general paranoia & anxiety are through the roof

Reactions: Manaaja, Circles, not-2-b-the-answer and 2 others
ImsooDone1N

ImsooDone1N

Arcanist
Nov 22, 2018
I'm sorry that this happened to you; has there been any resolution?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Manaaja
L

lost_soul83

Wizard
Jan 7, 2019
I think this person simply wanted to use your information to enter exit international because they're not old enough, so the worst thing that could happen is this person uses the info. I wouldn't worry too much about it though. I'm sorry this happened honey. People really do suck, much to my dismay. Take care of yourself and keep trying to help others, it's who you are. Don't change for anyone.

Reactions: Manaaja and BaconCheeseburger