T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
The same way churches are built on consecrated grounds, so the entities, demons and all those things can feed off people's misery, false hopes, of course a few people see results, to keep the other 90% latching on to false hope.
This should be taught in school then I wouldn't have became so resentful, false hope is the most evil of thing of all, unforgivable.

Back to the gym, the perfect example is, feel how quickly you drain at the gym, compared to some positive manual physical labor task that is rewarding. Or simply exercising at home.
Going to the gym is putting yourself in the oven for the gods.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc, Lostandlooking, ultrafuntimes and 5 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I believe gyms are made for vain people, that take more selfies than exercise. Can't stand Gyms, just show off places full of vanity.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy, niki wonoto and TooConscious
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I believe gyms are made for vain people, that take more selfies than exercise. Can't stand Gyms, just show off places full of vanity.
I wouldn't say everyone who goes is vain,
But deluded, or misinformed, victim of consumer culture, social nonsense pressures... I can't think of the best word.
Why run on a treadmill like a poor hamster when you could be taking in fresh air. It's another thing that baffles me. I don't know why I'm complaining, because I'd be annoyed if everyone suddenly flocked to the woods and disturbed my peaceful daily walks to retreat from this sick society.

• Love
Reactions: edu0z and Sherri
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
But deluded, or misinformed, victim of consumer culture, social nonsense pressures... I can't think of the best word.
Why run on a treadmill like a poor hamster when you could be taking in fresh air. It's another thing that baffles me. I don't know why I'm complaining, because I'd be annoyed if everyone suddenly flocked to the woods and disturbed my peaceful daily walks to retreat from this sick society.
You are very true about the threadmil it actually hurts your knee caps and your meniscus , nothing better than good old fashioned street running.

• Yay!
Reactions: TooConscious and davidgeorge
edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
The same way churches are built on consecrated grounds, so the entities, demons and all those things can feed off people's misery, false hopes, of course a few people see results, to keep the other 90% latching on to false hope.
This should be taught in school then I wouldn't have became so resentful, false hope is the most evil of thing of all, unforgivable.

Back to the gym, the perfect example is, feel how quickly you drain at the gym, compared to some positive manual physical labor task that is rewarding. Or simply exercising at home.
Going to the gym is putting yourself in the oven for the gods.
It's funny what you say. As a teenager I was never a particularly muscular person, but I remember all those afternoons I went to the gym to work on my body as a genuinely happy time. I didn't have a magazine body, but I enjoyed overcoming myself and feeling like I was doing something to improve my body. The feeling that your muscles burn when you did exercises with weights, was also something quite rewarding and addictive, at least for me.

However now it has been more than two years since I entered a gym... and I feel worse than ever.
It's true what you say. It would be infinitely healthier to go to a park to do calisthenics outdoors, instead of taking supplements to "muscle" in a gym.

Running outdoors is also incredible, as are walks.

• Love
Reactions: TooConscious, Angi, myopybyproxy and 3 others
Toxic Positivity

Toxic Positivity

At my own pace
Feb 11, 2022
Going with a friend is a completely different experience.

• Love
Reactions: TooConscious and edu0z
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I never enjoyed the gym, preferred working out in the comfort of my own home. But to be fair, if the people who go to them feel better about themselves and it helps their self-esteem, more power to them. Everybody has their own needs and comfort zones.

Reactions: archipelago, TooConscious, Lostandlooking and 2 others
Ethereal Knight

Ethereal Knight

Seja um bom soldado, morra onde você caiu.
Jan 10, 2022
if you are really serious about building muscle, the amount of equipment you're gonna find in a gym probably surpasses what you have at home.

yes, you can do great stuff at home with your bodyweight, olympic rings, a pull up bar, TRX, kettlebells, medicine balls, barbells etc, but that would be an expensive investment.

Reactions: TooConscious and AnestheticVoid
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
if you are really serious about building muscle, the amount of equipment you're gonna find in a gym probably surpasses what you have at home.

yes, you can do great stuff at home with your bodyweight, olympic rings, a pull up bar, TRX, kettlebells, medicine balls, barbells etc, but that would be an expensive investment.
what and gym memberships aren't costly, also? I hear what you are saying though. Different strokes for different folks.

• Love
Reactions: TooConscious, Ethereal Knight and Toxic Positivity

crippled with grief
Nov 8, 2021
It can be intimidating but I would have got suicidal a lot earlier if it were not for the gym. And I would probably be a whole lot better right now if I was still going.

Reactions: 13_reasons, TooConscious, Crazy4u and 2 others
davidgeorge

davidgeorge

Experienced
Dec 21, 2021
The outdoors is my gym :)

• Love
Reactions: TooConscious, Crazy4u, Toxic Positivity and 1 other person
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I have really liked gyms in the past for their effects on my health and energy, if you have the right approach to it they can really help. However, iwth things being as tough as they are now I don't have the energy to get the same benefits that I used to. I still go at least a coupld times a month to keep up the strength for daily activities, but that's about it for now.

• Love
Reactions: TooConscious, Crazy4u and Toxic Positivity
M

myopybyproxy

flickerbeat \\ gibberish-noise
Dec 18, 2021
I think it's hilarious that in modern society we have built exercise facilities, drive in cars to get there, and then use the escalator or elevator to pick up and put down something heavy or run in place for half an hour.

It'd be much better to get one's physical activity by eg working on a farm or hunting but not everyone has that opportunity.

Reactions: TooConscious
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
buff_hatsune_miku_by_loveless1295_d6l7vnb-fullview.png

• Yay!
  • Informative
Reactions: archipelago, TooConscious and waitingforrest
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
I don't really like to run at all, indoors or out... but weight machines are useful and a cheap gym membership is a more accessible way to get to those than, trying to buy my own or something. I suppose in theory there are ways to train the same muscles with outdoor activity, 'manual labor' as you say, or body-weight exercises at home. But weight machines just make it easier and more motivating, for me at least, it's definitely not for everyone.

Reactions: TooConscious and Crazy4u
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I've always said that all forms of exercise are like methods of self-harm with socially acceptable consequences.

• Informative
Reactions: archipelago and TooConscious

crippled with grief
Nov 8, 2021
I get what people say about treadmills and they are right that it isn't the natural way we run and it hurts the joints. also you don't get the added benefit of fresh air BUT it can be good when you want to gradually increase your endurance cos you have a built in pace setter and you can manage ur own gradient. basically it's easier to calculate what u wanna do. i can say i wanna do 5km in 30 mins so i set a pace of 10km on the treadmill and you hit it exact. then i can just go ahead and do 10.5km next time etc. just find it easier to manage that way than if i go outdoors and end up going to fast and gadsing out after a min cos i'm dumb as shit. plus i just prefer to walk outdoors and enjoy my surroundings and when i would go to the gym i'd cycle to and from. well i say all this, i used to but now im suicidal and spend on spend all day on this dumb site instead.
I've always said that all forms of exercise are like methods of self-harm with socially acceptable consequences.
maybe like self harm, the reason we do it is because it's a release and it feels good afterwards? like what they say about running is the same as throwing up; you feel fucking awful but then afterwards you feel amazing. likewise a cold shower; hell for 10 mins but then bliss

• Informative
Reactions: archipelago, Dr Iron Arc and TooConscious