ScorpiusDragon

ScorpiusDragon

Mage
Mar 25, 2019
I used to be less depressed. I thought I had IRL friends.
I can't believe I was ever stupid enough to believe in that.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Kassender, Lostblackchild and 5 others
Life+me=error

Life+me=error

Warlock
May 22, 2019
Real friendship irl does exist. And it ain't rare.

Maybe you made bad friends or maybe your depression which most likely effected your mood made them avoid you?

justwhy?

justwhy?

Student
Sep 27, 2019
Have you elaborated on this elsewhere? I'd love to offer a perspective but haven't a clue where to begin.

L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
I'm not sure what happened since you haven't elaborated. But I can say this since you mentioned being in NYC: People there dont have time for depression. They are too busy ladder climbing, drinking with friends or doing whatever else they went there to get accomplished.

Maybe they are unknowingly depressed and filling up their lives with useless chit. Maybe they are really happy and dont understand why you arent too. Maybe listening to you takes too much time. Maybe they dont know how to help you and thus ignore you and move on because in the end everyone is responsible for themselves.

I think in general people expect too much from people. Most people are selfishly motivated so they do what makes themselves feel good. I dont believe that there are many people who will sit in the trenches with you when chit hits the fan so maybe your expectations are just too high for people. Everyone has their limits.

I dont think it makes them bad people. It's just a fact of life. And if you ever do find someone who will go through the trenches with you, surely you will recognize them as an exceptional person.

I'm sorry my post will likely not make you feel better but it's just the facts of life. I think many people on this board are idealists (or former idealists) and they arrive here because they realized being so was a bit delusional.

Reactions: deadalready, azucaramargo and Hunter100
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
My experiences is that while I did have some friends, they oftenly come and go, mainly due to changes in life (going off to university, going off to another part of the world/country/state/region/etc., change in groups, social dynamics and what not). I oftenly find myself having multiple acquaintances and then occasionally, a closer acquaintance who I hang out with and/or communicate time to time. Truth be told though, I don't even communicate that oftenly and most of the time, I'm generally pretty lonely and spend a lot of time by myself. I'd also at one point confused acquaintances with friends, which are clearly distinctly differnet. So in short, it's not unheard of to have friends at various points in one's life, but they usually come and go at different points in one's life.