Tintypographer

Tintypographer

I am done as of 4-21-2023. Somewhere I am no more
Apr 29, 2020
I've recently ceased paying for my phone. I want it to lapse and just stop. I want to make it difficult to connect with me. I want to disappear. I've thought about going to the bank, withdrawing a medium sum of money, buyibg a vehicle with no title, taking no electronics and heading north until I run out of roads then starting walking. It's not idyllic but I really don't want to survive anyway and I'd like to disappear. This has become a fantasy of mine. I look at the globe on Google Earth and zoom in folllowing highways all the way to the farthest reaches of Canada to the near Arctic circle and from there walk until I run out of trail and time. I'm tired of people depending on me, wanting me to do things, needing me and reminding me of what I've done wrong. I don't want to have tools that let people co tinuously remind me that they applied for a job and didn't hear back or they want me to help with some volunteer event or they want my opinion on some project. I want to disappear completely. I don't want there to be communication methods to reach me. I imagine all the time how glorious it would be for there to me no way to reach me because I'm gone so there is no negotiation, no attempt to get me to do something for them and simply no recourse in life.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Thegoldenapples, Sensei, brokenwaves and 3 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Not exactly the same as you but I've kinda isolated from the world because I have no friends and no gf. Just my dad and my students.
I used to be extremely social but now I'm a loner.

Anyway, hope you can decide what the best is.

Hugs.

• Hugs
Reactions: Blue Rose and Sensei
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
I've recently ceased paying for my phone. I want it to lapse and just stop. I want to make it difficult to connect with me. I want to disappear. I've thought about going to the bank, withdrawing a medium sum of money, buyibg a vehicle with no title, taking no electronics and heading north until I run out of roads then starting walking. It's not idyllic but I really don't want to survive anyway and I'd like to disappear. This has become a fantasy of mine. I look at the globe on Google Earth and zoom in folllowing highways all the way to the farthest reaches of Canada to the near Arctic circle and from there walk until I run out of trail and time. I'm tired of people depending on me, wanting me to do things, needing me and reminding me of what I've done wrong. I don't want to have tools that let people co tinuously remind me that they applied for a job and didn't hear back or they want me to help with some volunteer event or they want my opinion on some project. I want to disappear completely. I don't want there to be communication methods to reach me. I imagine all the time how glorious it would be for there to me no way to reach me because I'm gone so there is no negotiation, no attempt to get me to do something for them and simply no recourse in life.
You could set your volume to silent and ignore everyone for a few months. That might get you some peace and get them to solve their own problems. Maybe tell someone you are "going through a lot right now" and drop out for a while. Relive the 60's!

Reactions: Blue Rose and Sensei