R

Retroguy

Sep 10, 2023
Even if I will not ctb I am never going to become a father.
I know what a nightmare life is and I don't want to force my potential children to have to suffer through it.
With all the fear, anxiety, worry, disappointment and pain that comes with it.

This world is filled with evil, immoral, inconsiderate, selfish people and I don't want my potential children to be hurt by one of them.

Also what about work and having to earn money?
We are rats in a never ending wheel of having to work to earn money to survive.
Fuck work and money.
Every job I ever had was a torture.
I don't want my potential children to have to slave away for money like me.

I will finish with a quote by Gustave Falubert, a 19th century French author, that sums up my feelings about "having children":

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1461.Gustave_Flaubert
The idea of bringing someone into the world fills me with horror. I would curse myself if I were a father. A son of mine! Oh no, no, no! May my entire flesh perish and may I transmit to no one the aggravations and the disgrace of existence.
And let me add the : fears, anxiety, pain... of existence.

• Love
Reactions: Hollowman, TheGoodGuy, natthebrat and 14 others
_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
I agree, im a big fan of antinatalism, I dont want my potential kids to go trough the same bs I had to.
Most people just want a mini me or someone to take care of them when they're old. Its very igoistic imo.

Reactions: DarkFriend., Rogue Proxy, Daxter_87 and 5 others
Mauve87

Mauve87

Aug 30, 2023
Agree. I can see the appeal of becoming a mom, but it feels like a selfish choice.
Why would anyone have children in a world where things like war, rape and suicide exist ?

There's also beauty and art, so and I can't say that existence is completely bad.
In the end, it's just human nature and I don't judge people for their choices

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
T

Tulip<3

Student
Aug 16, 2023
I personally understand the draw to have a child as a woman who has always been maternal, younger me would be shocked I haven't had kids yet but even if I was well enough to care for them, I have massively gone off the idea because I don't want to be responsible for bringing someone into a dark messed up world. Like I'm someone who can see good, enjoyment and beauty too. I'm not mad I exist but I just don't want that responsibility. Plus if I had a girl and passed on my endometriosis to her, I would feel so guilty to pass on suffering and pain. Not to judge anyone who are parents it's just how I feel personally.

Reactions: conarc
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
To never burden someone with the ability to be tormented endlessly really is the most compassionate thing, procreation is a tragedy to me, it's tragic to force life into such a harmful reality where that person is destined to suffer, decay and die anyway. It's really disturbing how so much suffering is so unnecessarily experienced ultimately because of the selfish decision to procreate.

I wish humans had enough awareness to let this species finally go volunatarily extinct, so that no human would ever have to suffer in this futile existence leading to nothing and nowhere ever again.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Daxter_87, Immensevoid and 1 other person
squareminus1

squareminus1

Aug 12, 2023
Even if I will not ctb I am never going to become a father.
I know what a nightmare life is and I don't want to force my potential children to have to suffer through it.
With all the fear, anxiety, worry, disappointment and pain that comes with it.

This world is filled with evil, immoral, inconsiderate, selfish people and I don't want my potential children to be hurt by one of them.
I have been with my girlfriend for almost 2 years, which isn't really that long. To her credit she does her very best to support me with my suicidal thoughts and depression but she for some reason talks alot about how "one day we are going to have kids". I have never had the heart to tell her I feel exactly the same way as you, alot people treat other people like shit, and if the kids anything like me they will certainly overthink and berate themselves over what others think of them. It's a shame but I'd certainly not wish that on anyone. One of the reasons I want to go is because I know she deserves a man who can help her to raise the kids that she wants, ones that will be kind to others and hopefully be able to stay above water in the raging currents of this world... I am not that person. I keep clinging to her but I need to cut myself away so she doesn't miss out on her happiness, just cause I see the world as pretty miserable doesn't mean I should deprave others of thier happiness.

Daxter_87

Daxter_87

If my name is crossed out, hopefully I'm dead.
May 28, 2023
I have been with my girlfriend for almost 2 years, which isn't really that long. To her credit she does her very best to support me with my suicidal thoughts and depression but she for some reason talks alot about how "one day we are going to have kids". I have never had the heart to tell her I feel exactly the same way as you, alot people treat other people like shit, and if the kids anything like me they will certainly overthink and berate themselves over what others think of them. It's a shame but I'd certainly not wish that on anyone. One of the reasons I want to go is because I know she deserves a man who can help her to raise the kids that she wants, ones that will be kind to others and hopefully be able to stay above water in the raging currents of this world... I am not that person. I keep clinging to her but I need to cut myself away so she doesn't miss out on her happiness, just cause I see the world as pretty miserable doesn't mean I should deprave others of thier happiness.

Your situation certainly sounds tough, and I understand that, for whatever reason, you can't open up to her and tell her how you feel. I don't know you or your circumstances, and it may well be that your girlfriend respects your decision to remain childless. All I can say is that, if you're sure you don't want children, don't let anyone else try to change your mind. If they are disappointed, so be it; if they are upset, so be it.

Of course, it can be hard to be under so much pressure from people who expect things of you - especially for introverts like me, haha. If you give in to their insistent pleas, however, it will definitely be much worse for you, for your girlfriend, for your children, and for everyone. In fact, the suffering will be exponentially worse.

In any case, I wish you the best of luck.

Reactions: squareminus1, Hollowman and Rogue Proxy
S

Scribbilamarks

"Life is a gift" Well can I return it?
Sep 12, 2023
I hate my parents. I never ASKED to be born, I never WANTED this, yet Ive been dumped in the middle of this cruel nightmare of a world. Why? Because my parents wanted a child? How selfish. I respect you.

Reactions: conarc and Retroguy
C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
I personally understand the draw to have a child as a woman who has always been maternal, younger me would be shocked I haven't had kids yet but even if I was well enough to care for them, I have massively gone off the idea because I don't want to be responsible for bringing someone into a dark messed up world. Like I'm someone who can see good, enjoyment and beauty too. I'm not mad I exist but I just don't want that responsibility. Plus if I had a girl and passed on my endometriosis to her, I would feel so guilty to pass on suffering and pain. Not to judge anyone who are parents it's just how I feel personally.
This is very mature.

cosifantutti

cosifantutti

Student
Aug 27, 2023
Agree. I can see the appeal of becoming a mom, but it feels like a selfish choice.
Why would anyone have children in a world where things like war, rape and suicide exist ?

There's also beauty and art, so and I can't say that existence is completely bad.
In the end, it's just human nature and I don't judge people for their choices
I have two kids and tbh at that time it all seemed obvious.
As an older person I think deciding to not have kids is a wise choice.