B

Bardo

Arcanist
Jan 25, 2023
It seems there are a LOT of young people on this site who want to end their lives due to, what they deem in their still-forming brains/minds, situations and resultant feelings they deem inescapable. I will have no part of this. I am older and have severe physical impairments, and I have done years of thoughtful, rational analysis about my situation. This is my second incarnation on this site and there are some fine folks here. But there are some serious problems.

It seems that any attempt to dissuade young folks from extinguishing their lives is verboten and ascribes to one the moniker "pro-life". As someone who has lived and despaired and rejoiced and more for nearly six decades, I view much of the expressed angst on this site as normal adolescence and college-age turmoil about finding one's way in the world and how one fits into it. It ain't easy. Esp. now with how fucked up the world is. BUT, to just sit by and be nonjudgmental about young people killing themselves due to mental anguish is untenable for me, a complete deal-breaker.

The pro-life assholes ignore people who are physically beset with horrible pain and neurological and degenerative issue of all ages. Those people, regardless of age, have my deepest sympathies, and I wholly endorse their search for a final remedy to rid themselves of their torture.

But for teen angst and growing pains that go along with it? And for others to simply, limply, feebly attempt to offer alternate (non-death) options or none at all and when having done so, to be frowned upon or cast as a "pro-life" zealot, is all so horribly wrong.

Also, the lack of robust countering to the homicidal folks and completely psychotic folks who wish to kill themselves in the most violent ways possible...that's a far cry from a right to a peaceful exit.

Hence I am dissolving my account as I cannot be a part of such.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Louis, SolidDiscovery, Aisley and 25 others
LunaXCBN

LunaXCBN

The Best Thing (That Never Happened)
Feb 6, 2023
I completely agree with you, as much as I believe you probably don't care about my opinion as I am pretty young (Apologies for the assumption)
I do believe that young people still have a way out, they just need a bit of helping getting back on their feet.
Me personally, I'm not in a hurry to go, absolutely not. I have a life ahead of me that I want to try my best to get through. I have a tiny spark of hope left for a future, although most likely not a long one as I've always had the belief that I don't want to live to my 60s-70s, especially with my mental disorders, although that might change in the future.
While I believe that this place can be a place of comfort for them, it can also be what pushes them to do it, despite their age.

Reactions: Cathy Ames, libby, Hendo and 3 others
resolutory

resolutory

Experienced
Sep 13, 2022
It seems there are a LOT of young people on this site who want to end their lives due to, what they deem in their still-forming brains/minds, situations and resultant feelings they deem inescapable. I will have no part of this. I am older and have severe physical impairments, and I have done years of thoughtful, rational analysis about my situation. This is my second incarnation on this site and there are some fine folks here. But there are some serious problems.

It seems that any attempt to dissuade young folks from extinguishing their lives is verboten and ascribes to one the moniker "pro-life". As someone who has lived and despaired and rejoiced and more for nearly six decades, I view much of the expressed angst on this site as normal adolescence and college-age turmoil about finding one's way in the world and how one fits into it. It ain't easy. Esp. now with how fucked up the world is. BUT, to just sit by and be nonjudgmental about young people killing themselves due to mental anguish is untenable for me, a complete deal-breaker.

The pro-life assholes ignore people who are physically beset with horrible pain and neurological and degenerative issue of all ages. Those people, regardless of age, have my deepest sympathies, and I wholly endorse their search for a final remedy to rid themselves of their torture.

But for teen angst and growing pains that go along with it? And for others to simply, limply, feebly attempt to offer alternate (non-death) options or none at all and when having done so, to be frowned upon or cast as a "pro-life" zealot, is all so horribly wrong.

Also, the lack of robust countering to the homicidal folks and completely psychotic folks who wish to kill themselves in the most violent ways possible...that's a far cry from a right to a peaceful exit.

Out of curiosity, if you're still here, may I ask at what age you would deem it acceptable for someone to have lived enough to consider rational suicide?

There was a discussion about this earlier and I was thinking about this question because I agree that many young people are having these thoughts at a very sensitive and complicated time in their lives, while they're still forming, as you said. I fear that this causes misjudgement within them that would, potentially, eventually be resolved if they continued to experience life and get over the awkward teenage stage. I don't believe this would always be the case, but there's a lot more instability in younger people, naturally.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cathy Ames, Gustav Hartmann, AloneInCollege and 5 others
arcadia

arcadia

Jan 5, 2023
I'm 19 so I most certainly fit your description, but I mostly see this place as somewhere where I can just talk about issues without being flung towards a helpline. I've been on a waiting list for mental health treatment for god knows how long and I haven't heard anything back, so I come here to vent my problems without having to hear the same advice I've considered time and time again. I do feel like I have my own bodily autonomy, and that I can CTB when I deem myself to have gone past the threshold for what I'm willing to live with but I understand your concern. It's impossible to tell which issues will truly stick with people and which problems are just temporary, and so for that I completely respect your viewpoint and decision. Financial situations, trouble with school or issues with self identity can seem like no big deal if you wait out a few years.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ChoclateIsSweet, SomethingsOff, Cathy Ames and 21 others
NHLTradeRumor

NHLTradeRumor

wow life sucks
Dec 13, 2022
I'm 20, so I'm pretty young. I've been suffering daily since I was 12, and there is no end in sight. Yeah my mind is still forming, but I've never been able to keep a job for longer than a month, or go to college for longer than 3 weeks, and I've tried way too many times to count. I've been in 27 different mental hospitals, so I'm definitely not mental "normal" and I've had a pretty bad life. I've tried to get help for damn near half my young life, and nothing at all works, except for the prospect of CTB. I'm also a trans woman, so knowing that I'm never really going to be a true woman no matter what I do, it hurts. Knowing that my biology will always be different from a real woman, that pain never goes away, at least not fully. Being trans is endless pain like you describe, just maybe not physical, this problem will never go away. So not to be rude, but don't assume that all young people shouldn't CTB before you get to know their situation.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Louis, OceanBlue, 0000000000000 and 15 others
D

Disaster

Experienced
Jan 24, 2023
I'm not going to judge anyones unwillingness to live, and I'm not going to tell anyone if their reasons are valid enough. Telling young people "you're too young to have any real problems" isn't exactly something that would make them seek help. They need space where they are simply treated as valid, and their pain as real.
However I'm really uncomfortable when someone doesn't even read the resources here and just asks how to ctb. It's a personal decision, and if someone lacks accountability to make it, in my opinion they shouldn't do that. Asking strangers in the internet which phone or laptop to buy can be risky. And asking a bunch of people who are obviously alive how to end ones own life? How is it supposed to work? How a person, no matter how young, can trust those random people? I find it scary and disturbing.
Still I don't think that telling other people that their struggles aren't valid will help them in any way. Even if it makes some boomer feel better about their very-valid-reasons-to-be-done-with-life. Someone mature and wise actually wouldn't need to boost their ego like that I believe.

• Love
Reactions: 0000000000000, LoiteringClouds, WhatPowerIs and 10 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry if this offends you but many people simply want to die and it's nothing to do with you. I get that you want attention by posting something like this but, it's incredibly insensitive judging others for wishing to leave this world, existing isn't an obligation, and there are no "problems" like you are describing with the way that this site is.

Nobody is forced to come on here and nobody is forced to die, you are just bitter because this site isn't pro life enough for you, am I right. It's sad how such judgemental people want to destroy the one place that people can be open about suicide and not always recieve the response of "it gets better!!!", "call a hotline".
You wouldn't like it if people invalidated your wish to die so don't do it to others okay. This type of pro life drivel reminds me of why I wish to leave this world so much, it's cringe honestly, like I'm 22 and I wish I left when I was way younger as it would have prevented so much suffering. But anyway bye bye OP.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Mary5689, CentreMid, Tourniquet and 30 others
S

SamTam33

Warlock
Oct 9, 2022
But it's not every young person. Most deal with their "growing pains" without visiting SS.

Is that not worth anything?

You're always going to have exceptions. Some are not going to make it through those transitional years with their mental health intact.

Being upset that they want to die is just another way of saying you don't think they've struggled enough. #TheStrugglePolice #StruggleSnob

The older you get, the more intense your problems will become.

I sometimes roll my eyes at all the posters contemplating their choices as they live with their parents; not having to house or feed themselves.

But then I remember that if they're unable to deal with life under those circumstances - it's not as if they're going to magically be able to deal with the pressure of having to do everything themselves.

The suicidal tendencies will likely manifest themselves again at some point. Surviving young adulthood is not some grand accomplishment to be championed.

It's just a stepping stone to an even bigger mound of bullshit waiting around the bend.

• Love
Reactions: Louis, 0000000000000, HayBunny23 and 7 others
M

missingpeace

Arcanist
Feb 4, 2023
From what I've learnt since being suicidal is I will never know how another feels, I can only ever know how I feel. If someone took away my right to die, I would be extremely devastated. This is what you are doing to them.. you can't dismiss their problem as trivial just because they are young. It's unfair.. you can give them the option of seeking help but never truly force them, sometimes there just isn't any hope.. and sometimes the patience to wait till things get better is too hard.

• Love
Reactions: 0000000000000, mafuyu, HumansAreHell and 3 others
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
The option to CTB should so be a right to every adult of sound mind (with mental capacity to understand the consequences of their actions), no gatekeeping at all. This will materialize in the not too distant future (Sarco - Switzerland), it's only a matter of time.

• Love
Reactions: Louis, Tourniquet, Pisceslilith and 6 others
TimetoGo!

TimetoGo!

Mage
Aug 30, 2022

Very well said and I agree completely…..I have held back from discouraging the young on here to CTB because I know its not greeted well.

In 1996, I was 16 years old and had suicidal ideation because of a few things at that time…..I am now 42 and have achieved alot, successful businesses and a decent lifestyle but that unfortunately has crumbled and I find myself here.

I came here to find genuine advice and guidance on possible ways to end my life, for many reasons and it definitely has helped but I am also shocked by how many young are here as well now. I think some definitely see it as abit of entertainment unfortunately.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Louis, Cathy Ames, hungry_ghost and 4 others
Dextroid

Dextroid

Feb 20, 2023
I just turned 18 last month, and have known I want to die since I was around 7 or 8, but I still agree somewhat. I think younger people should try to live it out, but I don't think saying they're too young to have problems or saying they don't have real struggles helps anything. If anything, it makes them feel less valid and less willing to live. I'm planning on living it out till I'm at least 25, but might still ctb before then. Life long physical pain, mental struggle, and people that have made me feel like garbage have made me this way, not just teen angst.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: SomethingsOff, 0000000000000, resolutory and 7 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Just my thoughts...

I don't want to see anyone have to CTB at any age. Unfortunately reality is different.
I wish I could have CTB in my teens, I wouldn't have missed much.
Definitely not enough to warrant all the misery I've had to endure.
Everyone's reality is different. Some could get better and they could live a better life.
Mine didn't... I don't feel anyone has the right to judge another person's pain and struggle.
Honestly, most of the time I don't know how old someone is unless they state it in their goodbye post.
What can we really do? Say the usual useless platitudes??? We don't even know who they are.
I will admit I have in the past tried to help some see that it could get better, but the decision is still theirs.
I do wish them the best and also say there's no shame in changing their mind.
I sometimes feel like a hypocrite knowing how much I want to die. (I've been here almost 5 years)
It hurts when someone leaves us and we aren't even friends or family. It's hard to see people go.
Even if they are hopefully in a better place.
On the subject of people "wishing" to die in violent and horrible ways.... I have to disagree.
Most want to die peacefully but there aren't any other options. Especially now since the two most of popular methods are 99% gone.
I have seen some pretty f***ed up methods over the years and I have told members not to try that.
I don't know if they listened. Even before access was extremely limited, the most popular method some couldn't afford or would need to get a bank loan.
Also... The "Have you tried everything"??? Seems like a prolife slap in the face.
Many of us never even got the chance... If you aren't born into money and have good dna.... Your odds of succeeding are almost 0.
I will be working shit jobs until I die. They just keep getting worse.

I guess that is all I have to say for now.
You could stay and try to help people. Even by just listening/reading their vents. I know virtual hugs aren't enough.
Sometimes people just want someone to listen without all the judgemental bullshit they hear IRL.
Life will go on, suicide will go on... whether or not you or I would decide to leave. Whether or not S.S. survives... Life and Suicide will continue.

I guess I had a few more words to say.
Whatever you decide ... Take care of yourself ❤️

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: 0000000000000, stupidugly, donealready and 4 others
arcadia

arcadia

Jan 5, 2023
Very well said and I agree completely…..I have held back from discouraging the young on here to CTB because I know its not greeted well.

In 1996, I was 16 years old and had suicidal ideation because of a few things at that time…..I am now 42 and have achieved alot, successful businesses and a decent lifestyle but that unfortunately has crumbled and I find myself here.

I came here to find genuine advice and guidance on possible ways to end my life, for many reasons and it definitely has helped but I am also shocked by how many young are here as well now. I think some definitely see it as abit of entertainment unfortunately.
You think people who want to end their lives think of their situations as entertainment? OP's take was sorta respectful but this just seems wrong. Just because you're older doesn't mean that you get to dictate when others suffering is real or not. I'm glad you saw things out and managed to find success but reading that last sentence made me feel sick, please don't say things like this lol. Being below the age of 27 or whatever number it is doesn't make you a complete buffoon to the point of wanting to off yourself for shits and giggles.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ExistHarm, redbathingduck, 0000000000000 and 8 others
LocalAngel

LocalAngel

Lost, wanting out.
Feb 7, 2023
i do completely understand why you would feel this way, however, we cannot truly tell someones position on this site. We cannot know what hell they've been through. The whole thing with age just isn't something i feel can be comprehended with a simple number. Some people at 19 will have much more experience and self-realization then another 19 y/o. Same with a 21y/o. Same with a 23y/o.

I'm 23 and i'd say going through 7-9 years of being off and on wanting to CTB is enough. I can't even remember when it all started. There wasn't a specific point in my life when there was something specific has gone wrong that i can remember. It's just my normal.

Edit: I do believe however that there should be a bigger mixture of other people reaching out to remind others that it's possible to try and reach out for help.

• Hugs
Reactions: 0000000000000, stupidugly, Laivirt and 3 others
TimetoGo!

TimetoGo!

Mage
Aug 30, 2022
You think people who want to end their lives think of their situations as entertainment? OP's take was respectful but this just seems wrong. Just because you're older doesn't mean that you get to dictate when peoples suffering is real or not. I'm glad you saw things out and managed to find success but reading that last sentence made me feel sick, please don't say things like this lol. Being below the age of 27 or whatever number it is doesn't make you a complete buffoon to the point of wanting to off yourself for shits and giggles.
You think people who want to end their lives think of their situations as entertainment? OP's take was sorta respectful but this just seems wrong. Just because you're older doesn't mean that you get to dictate when others suffering is real or not. I'm glad you saw things out and managed to find success but reading that last sentence made me feel sick, please don't say things like this lol. Being below the age of 27 or whatever number it is doesn't make you a complete buffoon to the point of wanting to off yourself for shits and giggles.
Oh for gods sake!! 🤯

The Eeyorish One

The Eeyorish One

Oct 9, 2022
So… idk where you're coming from with this. I usually suggest people to try therapy and meds and whatnot first if they haven't already and have never gotten called pro life. I also think it's fucked up to just… dismiss mental anguish in its entirety. These "normal teen angst" posts are often detailing long term mental health problems, trauma, abuse, etc. I haven't really seen "woe is me, my girlfriend left me and that's the only thing wrong so I'm going to ctb".

• Love
Reactions: SomethingsOff, Fluffycats9, 0000000000000 and 8 others
S

Suicidе

Life is unacceptable
Sep 11, 2022
Bye buddy!!!

Reactions: TapeMachine, immrw, terrastella and 1 other person
arcadia

arcadia

Jan 5, 2023
Oh for gods sake!! 🤯
I'm not being combative lol, I can understand the sentiment of wanting younger people to take a step back or be away from this forum because people can be impulsive. But saying that you think others think of suicide as entertainment solely because they're in their 20s is wrong. If you cant see that then I don't know what to say. Seeing a higher amount of young people expressing these feelings ≠ they must be doing it for fun.

Reactions: Fluffycats9, 0000000000000, Disappointered and 3 others
Avyn

Avyn

Experienced
Jan 27, 2021
You should be upset at society, at the garbage mental health system, at social media and the horrible human beings that contribute to the suffering of young people to the point of them wanting to ctb. But instead you're blaming the victims.

What you're saying is really insensitive and invalidating. Young people can also have problems, and you're saying they shouldn't be on the forum or ctb because of their age, because "their brain hasn't fully formed yet and they're incapable of making decisions"? That claim is disgusting.
Suffering knows no age. Even children that are heavily abused kill themselves.

I can understand complaining about underage teens on SS, because that isn't allowed, but that doesn't seem to be your concern

Reactions: Mary5689, Fluffycats9, 0000000000000 and 14 others
letsmokerr

letsmokerr

Feb 4, 2023

Okay see you later 👋🏻 Your post comes off like you're any more righteous in your decision than any of the rest of us. You're assuming what you've been through in your life, someone couldn't have gone through similarly in there short years. So much could be said about how your post is just… stupid. Want to actually do something for the suicidal youth? Go work in the field. Leaving SS and making your statement wasn't going to save anyone, so I'm not actually sure what your point was.

Reactions: WhatPowerIs, HumansAreHell, TapeMachine and 6 others
borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Constantly Sleepy Catgirl
Dec 28, 2022
With all due respect, this is a rather narrow-minded way of looking at things. There isn't an age limit to pain or a desire to die.

It's entirely possible that some of the younger people on this forum may have experienced suffering that you couldn't even fathom. It's quite inconsiderate and self-centered to diminish the problems of others.

As a thought experiment, let's say that there's a woman who was violently raped (after 2 years of molestation) and watched her mother die in front of her within a span of only a few months. Let's also say that this woman later on had her entire support system crumble down around her because of the lies of an abusive ex. The woman in question experienced all of that and more before reaching the age of 23 and wants nothing more than for her pain to end. Should this woman not be allowed to end her own life?

I was under the impression that bodily autonomy was a human right, not an elderly privilege, but apparently the infantilization of young adults applies to such things as well...

Reactions: redbathingduck, Fluffycats9, OceanBlue and 15 others
terrastella

terrastella

alive at 21 dead at birth
Feb 20, 2023

starting with an opinion as a 20yr old, i think a lot of young people today have a better idea of guaging their suicidality and pain tolerance than adults. i think you have terrible life experiences at every age and that life can just be ugly to us equally and enough for anyone to decide to kill themselves. i don't think there needs to be years of philosophizing and reflection, i only think that you have to have a valid reason to want to go and be educated on your after-death rights (because you practically have none if you are not careful) and i do not believe you need to make it "past school" because having suicidal feelings is not always something that just comes because of schoolwork or college work. it is because we are being socialized and learning how we fit into the world, and whether or not we are good at taking care of ourselves does not matter if we do not want to be alive, especially if we never did. to a lot of people the issues we have don't look nearly as serious as they actually are. we have real relationships with people of our age and authority figures, real-life struggles that are personal and affecting their family, we have likely experienced birth, death, finanacial liability, health issues, etc already.
realize that nobody has the answers because we're bandaging a serious wound in a society that needs proper regulation to heal, not temporary fix-mes. everybody is only coping sometimes death is our satisfying answer.

though i cannot say much for condoning violent deaths, i think we're all too human to actually know what to do when someone is unwell enough to want to kill themselves like that. how do you dissuade someone at that point? genuinely, it is incredibly difficult unless you are physically there

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, ksp, HumansAreHell and 1 other person
ForeverLonely82

ForeverLonely82

Student
Dec 22, 2021
Another older user invalidating younger users. I'm glad I'll never reach your age.
Hey, I am 40 and I NEVER invalidated the feelings of others. Younger or Not. I am in the same boat as the young folk here. if by chance I've said anything to invalidate anyone here, I am sorry as that was NEVER the intent. Life is a painful existence for us all. I am on your side!

• Love
Reactions: redbathingduck, 0000000000000, not-2-b-the-answer and 5 others
immrw

immrw

Jan 22, 2023
I view much of the expressed angst on this site as normal adolescence and college-age turmoil about finding one's way in the world and how one fits into it.
We must be on two completely different sites because most of the posts I read are about people dealing with serious, life-altering trauma or illnesses. I have yet to read an angsty "my bf/gf broke up with me i want to ctb :(" post.

Esp. now with how fucked up the world is
How are you going to downplay this statement? People are suffering and can't get the help they desperately need. That is valid enough for feeling suicidal and wanting their suffering to end. Why are you mad at the young people getting the short end of the stick and not expressing your anger towards the barriers put in place to keep people from getting treatment?

Last edited:
Reactions: 0000000000000, not-2-b-the-answer, HumansAreHell and 2 others
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I'm sorry the OP feels this way. I can understand how distressing it is to see young people wanting to end their lives, for whatever reason. As someone who taught young people for 17 years (Grade 3 through college), I have a soft spot for them and a deep-seeded desire for them to overcome and succeed.

Still, I would never seek to invalidate anyone's rationale for dying. First and foremost, the moment we start gatekeeping means that we allow others the right to establish their own criteria for us. Who gets to decide what is a good enough reason? No one else has the right to be the arbiters over our bodily autonomy. And while we may disagree with someone's opinion, decision, or rationale, it is not our place.

Secondly, I think it's important to understand that what people express on this site is typically only a part of their reality. Young people especially may not be as adept at communicating the true depth of their emotional and psychological struggles. And when they share a story of a particularly difficult moment or life event for them, it may just be one manifestation of a wider set of issues. We should never assume that we know anyone's story, much less use our assumptions to pass judgment on their decisions.

Like the OP, I do not want to see young people die. I don't want to see anyone die. But in the context of this site, I can direct that energy in a different way. You can be encouraging and motivating without being judgmental or dismissive. You can express your desire for them to find a way forward without condemning them for choosing otherwise. Telling them they are wrong for thinking the way they do, or that their problems aren't serious enough is unlikely to bring any comfort.

One of the things I do is share my life experiences. I often see comments from young people struggling with university. I share how I failed half my courses in my third year, but still ended up getting a doctorate and becoming a professor. Maybe that anecdote gives them a little boost from that particular hurdle. But again, I don't know what else lies behind those struggles, so I would never purport to say that their feelings are invalid.

You and I are similar ages (I'm 40) and my experience is very similar, though we perhaps took different things away from it. I first started thinking about suicide at 13 and first made a plan at 19. I went in to have an extremely successful life for a time, until my collapse 3.5 years ago.

But (I think) unlike you, I wish I had gone through with it as a teenager. Despite all my professional success, the relationships I made, the literally thousands of students I taught — I would've preferred for none of it to happen. The pain that has followed has superseded whatever good from all those years. Looking back, I would've rather ended my life and spared myself the heartache and frequent depression.

But that's just me.

• Love
Reactions: ExistHarm, shinohara, 0000000000000 and 4 others
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Oh, how delightful. If you're so upset, then why did you make an account here? I don't understand it, the philosophy of this forum is pretty clear. And you must have known that we don't gatekeep in this community, right? You said in your registration that you're pro-choice as to "when, how and why" someone wants to end their life. So you obviously lied back then because you think it's not okay in some situations. You also seem unable to understand why people use this forum in the first place but other young members already responded to that question. People use this forum because they find honest support and empathy here without people talking down to them yet that's exactly what you did in your post. But that's pretty much the reason why people are active in this forum, because they use it as an outlet for their most personal thoughts and struggles without judgement and toxicity. And that's very hard to find out out there. I mean, you're obviously talking down to young adults in your post and you're trivialisting their problems, as if there are easy solutions to them - maybe that's the reason why they don't want your advice. Did you ever think about that? I'll never understand people who look down on other based on age, I know so many old people that have the mental capacity of a literal child and you're acting as if all young adults are per default immature and irrational. I'm a young adult myself and I've suffered my entire life, okay. I know what's best for myself and I would be pissed off if someone implied I was unable to make a rational and conscious decision about my own life simply because I'm a young adult. You don't know anything about the background of our members and I assume, regardless of age, people must have gone through severe trauma and emotional pain to end up on this forum so maybe you should take some time and reflect on yourself while you're gone. You need it. You're the best example of a senior adult that lacks important maturity and empathy yet you're the one judging others. Interesting.

• Love
Reactions: settheory, Jane Doe 13, Talvikki and 17 others
BroodingBleu

BroodingBleu

MtF
Feb 16, 2023
At the end of the day, you have the ability to determine your own destiny. As much as anyone else that may be here that is empathetic to those in the community, it is not our place to dictate how people pick their path.

I may not want those here to CTB, but its not my life to decide, and I will not put my selfishness of wanting them here with me and others to be the factor that forces someone to be miserable, unhappy or quite literally suffer their entire lives.

Instead of criticizing those here that are younger than you, perhaps be supportive and add your perspective to situations or life experience versus telling them why their wrong. Everyone here has already been belittled enough for how they feel, I for one would find much more comfort in someone's relation to my pain than being scolded for it. (again.)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Fluffycats9, 0000000000000, stupidugly and 5 others
L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022

I see this statement more and more now recently, but personally all the people I've talked to on this site has been middle aged and very mature, people who have had kids and who have good jobs even, so maybe I just don't notice this «large» population of very young people on the site? I just don't feel like they represent the majority here.

Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Thanks to a certain video from a certain YouTuber who has a load of underaged followers, more young people then before found their way to SaSu.
That's absolutely true.

But, if those young ones are here because they actually struggle in life ( I can't really blame them looking at what society expects) then their place on SaSu is as valet as yours or mine.
Mental health issues unfortunately don't look at your age.

Those who come here for ' entertainment' will be gone again once the next big thing comes along.

Unfortunately there are people who lie to gain access to the forum, we can't see that upfront.

Reactions: sorrowful, 0000000000000, Salvation_ and 3 others