• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Which method?

• Gunshot to the head

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Hanging

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • Cut wrists

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Jumping of a high building/bridge/...

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Jumping in front of a train

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Burning alive

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Taking a certain substance (N or just an overdose of any other pill)

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • CO poisoning

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • The suicide bag method

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Any other method (comment)

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
Basically I am talking about what right now seems like the most likely method you will be using. NOT your ideal/dream method. I know a lot of people want to use a certain method but they can't because of reasons like availability, money, etc...

Also it would be nice if you could add a little text as to why this method and if you had all methods in the world available to you would you still pick this one?

Thanks. Looking forward to the responses.

anna

anna

downfall
Mar 18, 2018
If I had N powder available, I would choose it without any doubt.
As that is not possible, I have the method of amitriptyline and sodium nitrite.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, tearsinrain, azeton and 3 others
jerry

jerry

May 25, 2018
I Have N and that's my way to go.

Reactions: Girobatol and Ktmnny
Chloe

Chloe

Jun 24, 2018
Drowning.Last time someone saved me.Next time no.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, voyager and Volatile
S

Sternum

Student
May 12, 2018
I voted gunshot. The least desirable part of this is the gruesome mess someone else has to see and then clean up. The pain of someone seeing your brains splattered all over the place would be so horrible, especially for a someone who loves (loved) you. Liveleak videos that show this make my stomach churn, even though the final result of non-existence is what I want more than anything. You can take precautions to minimize the effect of this exposure to others, like doing it someplace police will find you, instead or family/friends finding you, but there is no guarantee, and it isn't exactly kind to the police officer, even though seeing things like that goes with the territory, which they knew when they took the job. I still don't like that part of it. The huge benefit is that it is instant and painless (as long as you hit the brainstem), and once you decide to do it, you don't have time to sit and think about what is about to happen (survival instinct can induce some pretty major and scary panic). With a properly aimed gun, as soon as you have decided to the point that you will die, you are already dead. Even with nembutal, which would be the chosen option for many people, there is a minute where you know you are going to die, and you know there is nothing you can do about it. That could be a peaceful relief for some, but I imagine, even for those who know there is absolutely no way they want to continue living, that a minute of waiting, knowing there is no going back could be just serious panic-time. getting over the survival instinct ain't no easy task.

Edit: I skipped to answer before reading this isn't the 'ideal' method, but the most likely. I don't have a gun, and that will not be my realistic method. my actual method will be inhalation, I'm not sure whether CO, nitrogen, or helium.

Last edited:
S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
Gunshot wound to the head, because I have access to a gun. I also already have my bullets.

I'd prefer to die by compressing the carotid artery using the tourniquet method but I've practiced a few times and can't pass out.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lifesucks
wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
hanging

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Tomasnil

Tomasnil

Mage
Apr 24, 2018
Ideal .... sitting on the edge of a rowboat in the middle of a lake with a backpack full of rocks and shoot my self with a shotgun. But to do that i have to pass licens.. have applied... get a gun safe in order to be allowed to buy a gun get a trailer get a boat etc....
More likely just a knife and cut my throat..
Since im a bit impulsive

Reactions: Revan
Vicepuma

Vicepuma

Doggo
Jul 16, 2018
I don't want to leave behind a mess so something like N seems very ideal to me. Painless and peaceful.

Unfortunately, it seems like it is very difficult to acquire considering I live in Europe.

skitliv

skitliv

Le mort joyeux
Jul 11, 2018
Chloroquine is what I got but I'm looking into SN method too so I voted OD

saffron

saffron

Student
Jul 18, 2018
Was going to do fent + sleeping pills but I'll probably do N in the future,
just hoping I don't have any issues with getting it through customs...

L

lifesucks

Jul 16, 2018
gunshot is my choice. N would be nice, but I'm afraid of not being able to handle the taste. i have everything i need, but i can't do it in the house with SO and pets. it's easy enough to find another place, but i tend to lose my nerve quickly, so it's a pain to follow through. if i still lived alone it would be done already, as i tend to act impulsively with those sorts of things. i absolutely want to die and i have very little to live for but fear prevents me from following through when i have too much time to think(driving to a suitable location). I'm not really sure how to get passed this issue. when i lived alone it was simple. i didn't have a gun then, but would wait for the late night depression to hit and then try methods that could have easily killed me(but didn't).. now I'd have to load up the car, drive to location, be anxious about police, worry I'll run into someone, load gun etc. by then I'll probably wuss out thinking about failure or other issues.

Reactions: ScaredOfLife
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
What was it like?

I can't talk about suicide drowning but I almost drowned as a kid and I can tell you it's just a lot of panic and an uncomfortable feeling to feel the water enter your body.

For me there was no pain. Just trying to reach for something to hold on to even though there is nothing.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Nitrogen with exit bag, or exit bag with nitrogen.

Fast (if done correctly), painless, no mess, and possible high on the way out.

What's not to like? I don't mind the bag aspect, many do, but it suits me.

• Hugs
L

leavinghope

Jul 18, 2018
Hanging because I don't have any purchasing power. If I did, I would go with N.

Reactions: misunderst0od
Gray Wounds

Gray Wounds

A Phantasmagoria
Jun 27, 2018
I wonder who the second one is who voted for cut wrists.

Threads

Threads

Warlock
Jul 13, 2018
I'm going to hang myself from a street lamp with a big piece of white cardboard hanging from body saying

'ha ha ha ha' or something like that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Zoltiel, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, voyager and 2 others
W

Weirdoee

Apr 20, 2018
I choose hanging cause it's the only method available atm, if I could choose it would be gunshot or nembutal.

• Hugs
U

unwell

Jul 13, 2018
SN is easy to obtain and more reliable than my ideal method.

Reactions: Tiburcio
V

Vvoiid

Jul 18, 2018
Jumping off a bridge is pretty much the only real option I have. My ideal method would of course be N but I dont have any money.

saffron

saffron

Student
Jul 18, 2018
Jumping off a bridge is pretty much the only real option I have. My ideal method would of course be N but I dont have any money.

You could grow some opium poppies from supermarket poppy seeds and harvest the opium latex from them lol? :p
(half srs)

S

Ssname

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
Nitrogen and a scuba mask for me. In a car with a tank of CO incase the mask slips when the muscles in my face relax as I go unconscious. I will rent a car and cover all the windows with paper saying that I have used a toxic gas inside and to call the emergency services without looking inside because I am long since dead.
Middle of the night parked at a beach that means a bit to me so no one finds me until ages later.

Painless and as close as possible to guaranteed. By covering the windows hopefully I don't have too much impact on whoever finds me.
Best way to go imo.

Reactions: flyinglotus and saffron
N

nuclearsnake

Student
Jul 11, 2018
I considered CO for a long time and it's still on my mind sometimes but I'm quite sure I'm going with hanging. It's cheaper and doesn't endanger other people.
I'm only worried about the pain and failing.

If I could choose whatever I want I would probably go with N but with me living in a certain country in Europe this isn't possible.

BurningLights

BurningLights

He killed himself with his own mind
Jul 2, 2018
I would much rather drift off, N, or co, or an inert gas. But alas, no money and no way of getting the ingredients, so hanging it is, also it would be kinda poetic in some disillusioned way to go the same way as my brother.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and flyinglotus
D

Deleted_9cKnXB34QG

Mage
Jun 26, 2018
Hanging as it has a very high success rate.
I'd rather go with hypothermia but it takes so god damn long... I don't want to be discovered and "saved" with severe frostbite etc.

M

Mooseman

Jan 15, 2020
Hanging as it has a very high success rate.
I'd rather go with hypothermia but it takes so god damn long... I don't want to be discovered and "saved" with severe frostbite etc.
If you have severe frostbite, don't let them treat and would die anyway.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
SN and various forms of hanging seem most common.

BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
From what I've seen on goodbye threads I'd say SN is the most popular followed by maybe F, H and hanging. Least common seem maybe gunshots and jumping. If N was more readily available it would be the most popular and I doubt you'd hear much about the others, supposing the price was lower as well.