Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
About 4 years ago my mom basically pushed me into buying an Iphone when I said over a dozen times that I didn't need something so complex, just a regular generic smart phone. But she went through with it anyway and I hate the freakin' thing. Even though I've never been one to use it for hours on end the battery still dies when I use it for a few short minutes to text or call, goes from 100% almost under 50% in a very short time. The speak to text feature sucks even when I pronounce words clearly, if I try to move the word cursor to change a word it doesn't want to move places properly and overall I think Iphones are extremely overhyped.

Which brings me to my other gripe about Apple Products. I got a brand new Ipad at my Thrift shop job a few years back and despite it being a newer model, many of it's apps and the Safari web browser don't work or can't load certain webpages. Even though it's just a few years old! It's basically already an outdated POS. I just genuinely hate Apple electronics because they either wear out very fast or become obsolete not long after being released at very high cost to the public.

• Love
Reactions: d3j3ct3dl0s3r05, backtoearth, brainwormz and 2 others
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
I hate them too :)

I still have 2 old products though for nostalgic purposes and because some of the mobile games are better

if anything the only thing I like about Apple products is the UI (and I think that's the only reason why people buy them besides the camera I guess and wanting to stay hip, trendy, or relevant in social circles)

if given a decision between an old flip phone, a PDA device, or an old or current apple product I will most likely choose a PDA or flip phone more specifically the Sony CLIÉ or one of Microsofts old PDA devices or pocket PCs

Reactions: Pluto, brainwormz and cgrtt.brns
brainwormz

brainwormz

Based cringelord
Jul 18, 2023
I also kind of hate Apple. The voice to text is pathetic beyond belief. The only reason I have apple anything is because I'm an artist and I needed a graphical tablet in university. My surface pro four exploded in my bed one night. I imediately tried replacing it with a surface book which I spent $4000 on and that thing was so pathetically slow, despite having God tier specs that I was forced to switch to an iPad Pro 12. in terms of a drawing tablet it's amazing. There is nothing quite as good. But in terms of almost everything else I hate Apple products. when I needed a new phone, it made sense to buy an iPhone because my photo library and documents would sync between my iPad and my phone which would make sharing my art a lot easier on social media. But man if I ever have the money to buy a new phone. I'm probably getting a galaxy again.

• Informative
Reactions: Disappointered, psp3000, Green Destiny and 1 other person
NoLoveNoHope

NoLoveNoHope

Mage
Mar 25, 2023
About 4 years ago my mom basically pushed me into buying an Iphone when I said over a dozen times that I didn't need something so complex, just a regular generic smart phone. But she went through with it anyway and I hate the freakin' thing. Even though I've never been one to use it for hours on end the battery still dies when I use it for a few short minutes to text or call, goes from 100% almost under 50% in a very short time. The speak to text feature sucks even when I pronounce words clearly, if I try to move the word cursor to change a word it doesn't want to move places properly and overall I think Iphones are extremely overhyped.

Which brings me to my other gripe about Apple Products. I got a brand new Ipad at my Thrift shop job a few years back and despite it being a newer model, many of it's apps and the Safari web browser don't work or can't load certain webpages. Even though it's just a few years old! It's basically already an outdated POS. I just genuinely hate Apple electronics because they either wear out very fast or become obsolete not long after being released at very high cost to the public.
Apple slows down their products via software updates to drive up sales. I'm unsure if it's still done now but I'd guess so. The main selling point of it is just the brand.

Personally I love android phones, I don't use anything with a big brand anymore as smaller companies tend to do a lot better at a cheaper price.

I believe with their products despite having up to date specs they often thermal throttle or at least the laptops.

Reactions: theslasher
FadingSunshine

FadingSunshine

Nothing lasts forever.
Jul 8, 2023

Yeah, iphones and just tech in general has planned obsolescence, where the tech will basically stop working after a few years. The one thing I like about apple is the ecosystem, they do a really good job of connecting all their products and connecting other devices. Other than that I despise apple and basically all smartphone makers, they haven't innovated in years.

Reactions: theslasher
Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
Same
- sent from iPhone

• Yay!
Reactions: rationaltake, YouLookSoCool and psp3000
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
Back in the days iPhones were good but nowadays they're worse than all the Android phones.
Sure, I own the iPhone 4s, 5s, 7 plus and recently I got my iPhone X back but all of them are still quite easy to repair. I replaced for example the battery on the iPhone X with one from Amazon and I still had battery health reading and no error messages. However, on the later iPhones you couldn't even replace the back camera module without getting error message and on the latest models the camera just stops working even if it was from the same model, sales region device and was fully working before the swap.
Luckily I'm only using Android phones as my daily drivers like my S23 Ultra 1tb or the Xiaomi 13 I got in Poland with a new phone contract.

And guess what. I have iMessage on my Android phones, I can do FaceTime on Android after iOS users send me invite request through iMessage or join link through SMS or social media.
At that point I don't see any reason to get any Apple products. Even now I sold my 5th gen iPad and use my Galaxy Tab S6 Lite as my daily driver.

carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I've never owned an Apple product so I can't really judge them, just something in my head told me to avoid them

J

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
The cursor isn't the most intuitive. You've got to hold it in, and that kind of frees it and then you can move it wherever you like fairly easily (not sure if you knew that, def took me a bit to figure it out lol).

I don't really have any advice for the other issues. You could try low-power mode if your battery's dying too quickly? My iPad's the 2018 model and it works perfectly fine for me (my usage involves browsing, reading, watching videos and mostly taking notes on Goodnotes with the Apple pencil).

(sorry, not sure if you actually wanted advice or just wanted to vent)

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
the battery still dies when I use it for a few short minutes to text or call, goes from 100% almost under 50% in a very short time.
Unless special care is taken (avoiding excessive heat, keeping charge rate between 20-80%, etc.) phone batteries are only good for a few years. They can be replaced for a fairly reasonable price at Apple service centres. Apple is also one of the best brands for supporting older phone models with software updates.

Having said all that, I strongly dislike the company for unrelated reasons. I detest the cult following and the way people are brainwashed into being blatantly getting screwed by an openly greedy and dishonest company.

The Lightning cable debacle is my biggest grievance. Just as Apple was a pioneer of the original 1990s USB standard, they pushed USB type C starting in 2015 by making it the only port on new Macbooks. The way that they did it meant buyers had to purchase separate dongles to use legacy devices. Yet they refused to do the same with the iPhone even as USB-C became the industry standard, sticking with the outdated Lightning simply because it meant people would be forced to pay royalties to them in buying charging cables. So much for a simplified user experience. Even while creating e-waste by forcing Apple users to buy separate cables and dongles, they stopped including the charging brick with new iPhones, claiming they did so to benefit the environment.

Meanwhile, the entire rest of the industry standardised USB-C, yet Apple doesn't even have a common charging cable for all iPads (some are USB-C, some Lightning). Eventually the EU stepped in to demand a common charging cable to reduce e-waste, so now the world is waiting for Apple's new iPhone 15 to finally come with USB-C, and their marketing department to start boasting about how one magical cable will charge all their devices.

Another grievance is the elitism around Apple products. There was even a survey showing that people who displayed iPhones on dating profiles got more attention. Again, there's some weird cultic brainwashing at play, with people turning an unethical corporation (who I admit makes excellent products) into some sort of religion. I also have the impression that school children who do not have iPhones are likely to be bullied for it, which Apple themselves encourage by making iMessage display messages from mere Android phones in a green rather than blue bubble. I could go on but I won't.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jar-baby, Disappointered, rationaltake and 1 other person
theslasher

theslasher

psychonaut
Jun 12, 2023
Apple policies with Rights to Repair are terrible. Also, they definitely cut corners like not including a charging block to be "more environmentally friendly" when that's actually just to save money as they like to cut corners to please investors. Cutting out chargers to save the environment is nothing in comparison to the countless other factors out there. And overall, a lot of their stuff is overpriced as hell. It's hard to justify spending $1000+ on a mf phone. I bought my iPhone X for $400 back in 2020 and it's still kicking to this day, although it seems like its on its last legs. The android options in the $400 range are very impressive these days. Although I'm still using this old ass iPhone bc I literally don't care about having the newest phone as that'd add nothing to my life and would probably only increase the amount of time I'd spend on a screen.

That being said, the ecosystem is actually pretty nice. Like the airpods connecting very fast and working on both phone and laptop, being able to copy and paste between different devices, airdropping videos / files between devices for work, using an apple watch to see health metrics and having them sync up with iphone widgets is kinda convenient. Being able to use facetime with others. They are seemingly small conveniences that are not at all necessary, but it helps with efficiency on day to day stuff and the processor in the MacBook is great for video editing and doing other work like programming. There's many pros and cons, but as an apple user I completely understand why someone would use android, for most people android is just a better use of ones money.

Reactions: Pluto and jar-baby
SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
I've always had IPHONE for the longest time because from what I've heard is IPhone is easier to learn and Android is a lot more complicated.

About 20 years back I had an Apple Laptop, the one that looked like a toilet lid. It worked fine for the most part, but if I needed something that is generally on Android then apple won't accept it….I'd see my friends playing all these cool games or using these amazing apps on android and Apple is very selective of adding anything at all. It sucks.

So sadly my last phone will be IPhone, but I wish I would have went Android at some point. Even just to try it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pluto
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
the world is waiting for Apple's new iPhone 15 to finally come with USB-C, and their marketing department to start boasting about how one magical cable will charge all their devices.
The iPhone 15 has launched. This was taken from Apple.com:

Screenshot 50

• Love
Reactions: theslasher and rationaltake
Crystal

Crystal

Jun 16, 2023
Yeah I prefer Android or Windows over Apple/Macs, it seems easier to browse through them?
I only got an iPad from my dad just to watch shows on it

CuteThing

CuteThing

i order the same subway every time i go to subway
Mar 22, 2023
here in brazil the apple products are ridiculously expensive, and "somehow" poor people have them, turns out they buy the thing and then pay it across 15 months or something like that and it just makes me like?? dude you arent rich stop buying shit thats (literally) more expensive than a car that doesnt absolutely suck just to feel like you have money until someone steals it cause you keep showing it off, thats something i noticed a lot recently and it makes me feel like im crazy to think thats extremely stupid because so many people do it

Touhou

Touhou

2hu
Mar 9, 2023
Apple products are NSA wiretaps. I hate them as well.