Terranova

Terranova

She/Her
Oct 12, 2023
I actually did'nt know this was a method until i thought abt it today, i live in a area where it gets below freezing every winter so i figured i might use this method, except i dont really know how fast it is or where i could go to be uninterrupted i just wanted to know general info about this method since i'm not planning to cbt just yet and instant deaths scare me out of doing it, i'd rather have a slow death so i can try to ignore that i will be dead, since i dont particularly want to die more so i dont want to live my life and i'm tired of it

S

soleil

Apr 28, 2023

dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
The human body is extremely resilient. I've found a few cases of people ctbing by hypothermia but many of them had some kind of drug in their system. Most say it's painless but as someone who lives in a place where it can get to -50F (-45C) and sometimes lower windchill during really bad days, I can say that exposed skin feels like it's forming ice crystals that feel like really tiny cuts. Having the inside of your nose freeze instantly and feeling the sting in your eyes really isn't pleasant. Maybe that's what happens when it's extremely cold or I'm just different. I definitely would look into it a lot more because there's the risk of getting brain damage, frostbite, organ damage, and dehydration which rapidly accelerates this and will happen before you pass out, along with a multitude of other permanent afflictions should it fail. The time it'll take depends on the temperature but it can range from a couple minutes to a few hours. That's enough time for your SI to kick in. It's definitely a very unreliable method, hence why there are so few cases of it.