Morituri_Te_Salutant

Morituri_Te_Salutant

-
Apr 17, 2021
My parents believe that getting a WiFi connection would mean I would "slack off" from my work and just be on the net 24/7. Even though being on mobile data did fuck all to that "me just being on the net 24/7" problem. In the end, they're wasting a ton of money that they could've saved by having a WiFi connection like half the tenants of our apartment complex.

Then again, I guess wasting money is part of their personality. Before my mom "gave away" her aquarium to me, she would buy fishes from the fish market (that apparently could be infected or something? idk), drop them into the aquarium; and within week 2, half the fishes would wind up dead on the aquarium. Before I took over the responsibility to feed the aquarium fishes, my mom would give them too many food. The aquarium would end up getting blurry from all the food mixing with the water; and fishes would end up dying or getting sick because of it.

There was one instance where we had to clean the water for one of the fish bowls containing a fish. Instead of, I guess, pouring out the fish into another bowl; or even using a net to catch it out, my mom decided to put her hand in and grab the fish out of the fish bowl; essentially scaring the poor fish.

The other day, my mom decided to clean the insides of the aquarium after the aquarium has been re-filled with new fishes and food has been given for them. That's right, she had ALL DAY to clean the insides of the aquarium (when there was neither fishes nor food in it), but she arbitrarily decided to clean it in night time. I stopped her and she started whining.

My mom knows nothing about keeping pet fishes, managing the aquarium; and doesn't care nor have the patience to learn about it. She only got into it because "it looked cool". She got into keeping pet fishes for that reason; yet refuses to even learn how to properly take care of fishes. My mom didn't even think that fishes would sleep, as they're living beings! Yay. My parents have gotta be the most Anti-Role Models out there.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: DarkWolf and JustAMatterOfTime