• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

vaulthunter

vaulthunter

poyo?
Mar 19, 2019
how viable is this method?

quoted from the site: "Chemical suicide, sometimes called detergent suicide, involves mixing common household chemicals to create deadly hydrogen sulfide (H2S) gas, which can quickly reach lethal concentrations in confined spaces."

i also found this quora answer, containing this diagram.

this method seems like the only issues would be:
  1. finding a confined space
  2. purchasing muriatic acid
  3. making iron sulfide
  4. the smell from the mixture
  5. harming others
after a very quick google search, i found that muriatic acid is completely legal, and is a quite common solvent that can be bought anywhere quite cheaply. iron sulfide can easily be made by crushing a steel wool pad finely, and mixing with sulfur and heat (sulfur can also be bought online for cheap).

harming others, however, may be a real problem. this link says: "In another incident in Japan, 90 [op note: ninety!!!] people in an apartment building were reportedly sickened when a teenage girl killed herself using a mixture of household chemicals that produced the Hydrogen Sulfide in the bathroom of her apartment."

the smell has been likened to rotten eggs, but it hasn't been noted to be painful or to burn. in fact, the smell might not even matter because it's been said to cause almost immediate loss of consciousness. "H2S has been referred to as the "knock down gas" because inhalation of high concentrations can cause immediate loss of consciousness and death."

link to an article about an asher who used this method: https://sherrypikesuicide.wordpress.com/2010/09/12/hello-world/

so, what do we all think? is hydrogen sulfide something i should be looking at? i'm desperate to be back to having one set method, and i'm actually pretty excited about this find.

p.s. if there's anyone who is interested in gaining knowledge on this particular method, i'd be willing to collaborate and learn more, and contribute to a megathread! i feel like it could be really helpful.

edit: did some digging here and found at least one person (@Scoobert) who posted a thread about CTB-ing with hydrogen sulfide, posted about mixing it, and then never posted again. i think its safe to say this method is lethal

Last edited:
Reactions: Kokomi_20, AbsoluteNothingness, Qdv and 8 others
brighter

brighter

Warlock
Jan 22, 2019
edit: did some digging here and found at least one person (@Scoobert) who posted a thread about CTB-ing with hydrogen sulfide, posted about mixing it, and then never posted again. i think its safe to say this method is lethal

I admire the way you conducted your own research and managed to organise it so well, and paired with @Scoobert's case, I can see why you would be excited about this, but I would caution you to find at least one or two other cases, preferably confirmed deaths, before you attempt yourself, for the sake of guaranteeing success.
Also look further into sealing the room so as not to poison other people along with yourself.

I like the method so far though, and I wish you luck.

Reactions: Kokomi_20, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and 2 others
DyslexicForeigner

DyslexicForeigner

Student
Dec 27, 2018
@vaulthunter PPeH gives this method 10/10 in reliability and 5/5 in speed but I don't know why almost nobody here talk about this method? Maybe because it's too dangerous for the first responder/other people?

Reactions: Kokomi_20, Lennox, Lifeisatrap and 2 others
R

Roberto

Wizard
Jan 19, 2019
@vaulthunter PPeH gives this method 10/10 in reliability and 5/5 in speed but I don't know why almost nobody here talk about this method? Maybe because it's too dangerous for the first responder/other people?
You have to make things. There are doubts if you've done it right. Not sure. It seems a good method. Just put warnings everywhere.

Reactions: Kokomi_20, Notcutoutforlife, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
Yes, this is worth researching, but I don't have the time right now. Maybe in about a month. It seems finding a suitable place would be difficult if you are broke. Especially in an apartment building as the article stated.

Reactions: Halo13, Lifeisatrap and vaulthunter
intheweeds

intheweeds

Student
Mar 20, 2019

I used to frequent suicide Usenet groups back in 2010 & 2011, and back then this was easily the most popular and talked about method. I personally know of one person who successfully went with this method. At that time this was also my chosen method..

Fast forward about 9 years (time goes fast!) and I joined this forum and was surprised to see no mention of it at all anymore.
I think I still have a bunch of info & files about H2S on a external hard drive that I saved from back then.

Reactions: Notcutoutforlife, Halo13, Lifeisatrap and 2 others
B

Broken

Paragon
Dec 7, 2018
Seems like a lot of room for error. Wouldn't want to get in trouble myself if it didn't kill me and made others sick

intheweeds

intheweeds

Student
Mar 20, 2019
Here are some photos from a H2S scene where someone took their life (MATURE CONTENT, obviously):

It's been a long time but from what I recall these photos were released by first responders to show other first responders what to look for so they don't accidentally stumble into a H2S suicide which could harm them. The stuff is incredibly toxic and surprisingly (in the US at least) not difficult to produce.

At that time most people seemed to agree that once the concentration built up it would knock you unconscious. I recall some people planning to cover their eyes with goggles, and using a towel to cover their mouths because some had concerns during the build up phase it could burn their eyes and throat.

I do remember that this method started in Japan and slowly started to happen in the US & other countries and then just kinda disappeared for the most part.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 1768, Halo13, DyslexicForeigner and 2 others
B

Broken

Paragon
Dec 7, 2018
Here are some photos from a H2S scene where someone took their life (MATURE CONTENT, obviously):

It's been a long time but from what I recall these photos were released by first responders to show other first responders what to look for so they don't accidentally stumble into a H2S suicide which could harm them. The stuff is incredibly toxic and surprisingly (in the US at least) not difficult to produce.

At that time most people seemed to agree that once the concentration built up it would knock you unconscious. I recall some people planning to cover their eyes with goggles, and using a towel to cover their mouths because some had concerns during the build up phase it could burn their eyes and throat.

I do remember that this method started in Japan and slowly started to happen in the US & other countries and then just kinda disappeared for the most part.
Just clicked the link. Lol I don't drive. Maybe I should fuck up my old mans Alfa Romeo

intheweeds

intheweeds

Student
Mar 20, 2019
Further reading for those who are interested:

https://guardianlv.com/2014/03/chemical-suicides-on-the-rise/

https://www.kxan.com/news/hazmat-situation-at-west-campus-student-apartment/1049663746

http://cbsaustin.com/news/local/death-investigation-sparks-hazmat-response-near-ut

https://windsorstar.com/news/local-...rous-chemical-after-two-officers-hospitalized

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DyslexicForeigner, Lifeisatrap and vaulthunter
vaulthunter

vaulthunter

poyo?
Mar 19, 2019
hey, glad to see everyone is as interested as me!

i've been doing some more research and @intheweeds & you guys are totally right. super lethal, and was quite popular from what i've read.

@Broken @DyslexicForeigner i also have to agree with you that the reason it probably isn't as popular anymore is because of the danger it poses to whoever stumbles across the scene.

i'm definitely going to be testing aspects of this method (making the iron sulfide, etc) at some point. not the full H2S, because i'm not ready to handle that gas, but pieces so that anyone who is interested can get a look at the process.

also, learned that first responders actually are not permitted to give mouth to mouth to chemical suicide attempters, meaning more chance for success.

Last edited:
Reactions: Notcutoutforlife, Halo13 and Lifeisatrap
B

Broken

Paragon
Dec 7, 2018
hey, glad to see everyone is as interested as me!

i've been doing some more research and @intheweeds & you guys are totally right. super lethal, and was quite popular from what i've read.

@Broken @DyslexicForeigner i also have to agree with you that the reason it probably isn't as popular anymore is because of the danger it poses to whoever stumbles across the scene.

i'm definitely going to be testing aspects of this method (making the iron sulfide, etc) at some point. not the full H2S, because i'm not ready to handle that gas, but pieces so that anyone who is interested can get a look at the process.

also, learned that first responders actually are not permitted to give mouth to mouth to chemical suicide attempters, meaning more chance for success.
Hmmm the last bit about mouth to mouth is interesting. I was also surprised it was do able in a car as I thought it would have to be totally sealed bit the pics show different! I'd like to know if it's a peaceful method?

vaulthunter

vaulthunter

poyo?
Mar 19, 2019
Hmmm the last bit about mouth to mouth is interesting. I was also surprised it was do able in a car as I thought it would have to be totally sealed bit the pics show different! I'd like to know if it's a peaceful method?
from what i've read on pain/peacefulness, you'll be unconscious in seconds with no pain. the only 'pain' would be having the smell of the sulfur itself so close to you while you are preparing, and in those seconds up to loss of consciousness

Reactions: AbsoluteNothingness, pthnrdnojvsc, DyslexicForeigner and 1 other person
B

Broken

Paragon
Dec 7, 2018
from what i've read on pain/peacefulness, you'll be unconscious in seconds with no pain. the only 'pain' would be having the smell of the sulfur itself so close to you while you are preparing, and in those seconds up to loss of consciousness
I'll have to research as well. What country you from if you don't mind me asking. PM if you want. I'm from the UK

Reactions: Notcutoutforlife and Lifeisatrap
intheweeds

intheweeds

Student
Mar 20, 2019

It all depends on the concentration. In some occupations H2S is a hazard so there's tons of safety videos on it.

This one here says that any concentration over 600 PPM (parts per million) will kill you almost immediately. Fast forward to about 2:37:

The question then becomes how long does that take, and I don't have a good answer for that unfortunately.

If anyone here gets any ideas about this method DO NOT DO IT AT HOME. You'll wind up likely harming others. That's why doing it in a car was a popular choice.
EDIT: Not to mention the concentration would be higher in a vehicle therefore increasing your chances of success.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lifeisatrap, vaulthunter and Broken
B

Broken

Paragon
Dec 7, 2018
Just had a read of one of the links:

Although there are a number of dangerous gases used for suicide, with chemical gas suicide, a person mixes household ingredients in a large bucket to produce highly toxic hydrogen sulphide (the gas associated with a smell of rotten eggs). A few lungfuls of hydrogen sulphide at sufficent concentration will produce death very quickly: the problem lies in ensuring sufficient concentrations quickly enough. At lower concentrations, the lungs are scarred painfully as the gas burns from inside, producing an indeterminate period of intense suffering before death occurs. This burning of the throat and nostrils is almost certainly accompanied by shortness of breath, increased mucus production and heart palpitations. Add to these symptoms: probability of intense eye irritation, nausea, vomiting, coughing, breathing difficulties and convulsions. In other words, a very unpleasant death.

There is a vast amount of information on chemical gas suicide on the internet, but the logic is fatally flawed. "Manufacturers of these products may vary the formula without notice. Not only may the amount of gas produced vary considerably, but the speed at which it is produced varied." Short of testing the actual samples to be used in a laboratory, it is hard if not impossible to predict that enough gas will be produced quickly enough to ensure painless death.

Reactions: justpeachy, Lennox, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
vaulthunter

vaulthunter

poyo?
Mar 19, 2019
Just had a read of one of the links:

A few lungfuls of hydrogen sulphide at sufficent concentration will produce death very quickly: the problem lies in ensuring sufficient concentrations quickly enough.

so this is why the man in those photos had buckets. i guess he also knew the forumla may vary, and went overboard to compensate? a woman was successful with just a tray full of the mix, but im assuming she was just lucky.

so far this method seems to be "make more than you think you'll need, and use it all" just in case. im fine with this, as the ingredients are relatively easy to get.

If anyone here gets any ideas about this method DO NOT DO IT AT HOME. You'll wind up likely harming others. That's why doing it in a car was a popular choice.

i second this: definitely everyone do NOT do this at home. the car is the best choice for a confined space. this is why i highlighted how easily it was for others to be hurt. please think of the survivors.
Just found this: https://dchas.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Chemical-suicides.pdf

This is probably the most informative thing I've found about H2S Suicide. If I am reading this correctly it says a full size car would reach 4,311 PPM (keep in mind 600 is deadly, according to that safety video above).

wow. im so drawn to this method now and this just solidifies it. i have a lot of research ahead, i guess!

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, esclava and Broken
LostBoy

LostBoy

Nov 13, 2018
I assure you this method works, my son did this last July, in a car.
I only hope he was unconscious very quickly.
RIP my beautiful boy.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kokomi_20, Lizzie123, rolltheblunt and 9 others
vaulthunter

vaulthunter

poyo?
Mar 19, 2019
I assure you this method works, my son did this last July, in a car.
I only hope he was unconscious very quickly.
RIP my beautiful boy.
i am so very sorry. may he rest in peace and know he was loved and surrounded by love.

Reactions: Kokomi_20, Lizzie123, rolltheblunt and 3 others
LostBoy

LostBoy

Nov 13, 2018
i am so very sorry. may he rest in peace and know he was loved and surrounded by love.
Thankyou, I hope he knows he was and always will be loved.
I am obviously not glad that he did what he did but I am proud of him for being who he was and for doing things his way.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kokomi_20, Lizzie123, rolltheblunt and 5 others
alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
Hmm, I guess this is best done in a car but it could possibly be done inside a large cardboard box.

Reactions: Kokomi_20
L

Lifeisatrap

Arcanist
Oct 5, 2018
Hydrogen cyanide was also mentioned in the ppeh. "Can be made by placing 500 mls of concentrated hydrochloric acid in a plastic bucket and adding a few grams of solid salt." Concentrated hydrocloric acid 25%, not sure if it's still sold in hardware stores. The smell is supposed to be similar to bitter almonds. I wonder if it's peaceful. Seems really simple to make.

Reactions: Homecoming, Soul and DyslexicForeigner
DyslexicForeigner

DyslexicForeigner

Student
Dec 27, 2018
I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved son @LostBoy . Is it okay if I PM you to acquire details regarding this ctb method? Thanks!

Reactions: Kokomi_20 and Notcutoutforlife
Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
Thankyou, I hope he knows he was and always will be loved.
I am obviously not glad that he did what he did but I am proud of him for being who he was and for doing things his way.
You sound like an amazing parent. While I'm sorry for your loss, it is very refreshing to see a parent who respects the decision. I hope you find solace knowing he did not suffer :hug:

Reactions: Kokomi_20, Homecoming and SelfHatingAspie
LostBoy

LostBoy

Nov 13, 2018
You sound like an amazing parent. While I'm sorry for your loss, it is very refreshing to see a parent who respects the decision. I hope you find solace knowing he did not suffer :hug:
Don't get me wrong if he had discussed this with before I would of tried to talk him out of it because I thought he could of done anything, I thought he could of succeeded in life (although wtf is that succeeding at playing this shit game) so I guess I mean he was so clever and charismatic that he could of been great at whatever he decided he wanted to do but decided to let go of this existence. So I wouldn't of wanted him to go, he could of fix whatever was wrong but that's probably just my own lack of understanding.

By all means PM but I wouldn't share the details I have, not that I have a lot anyway it was all removed by the emergency services.
I can only be sure of the method because of the coroners report.
Please think long and hard before acting on any suicide attempt, I know you perhaps are hurting and don't want to go for your own reason but reach deep adn reach out because once you're gone it's so bloody final and it will hurt many I'm sure.
Good luck and please be at peace.
Remember this will ricochete very wide, there is not a day or even 10 minutes in each goes by when I don't think about what has happened.
I'm not angry or mad at him, I just miss him and miss the future I wanted with him.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kokomi_20, the end is near, Homecoming and 6 others
Seekingpeacenow

Seekingpeacenow

Jun 12, 2019
I've been researching this also. My one concern is not getting it right. I'm certainly no chemist. It seems the best way as some have noted is to do it in the car in a secluded area and to put very visible notes saying exactly what chemical is used so no emt or passerby's would ever get hurt and they know in advance what chemical it is. I would say never do this in any area where there are possibly people around that could get injured. I've been reading for years trying to determine the most lethal, painless and executable way to go. I don't want some poor person to have to see a shotgun suicide. This is the only other best way I know. It's not fair to others to have to see such horrors. While it's never pleasant to find someone who has passed this seems less traumatic for those who may find the body.

I'm very interested in this method. It seems as others have noted it's very popular in Japan where guns are not legal.
Don't get me wrong if he had discussed this with before I would of tried to talk him out of it because I thought he could of done anything, I thought he could of succeeded in life (although wtf is that succeeding at playing this shit game) so I guess I mean he was so clever and charismatic that he could of been great at whatever he decided he wanted to do but decided to let go of this existence. So I wouldn't of wanted him to go, he could of fix whatever was wrong but that's probably just my own lack of understanding.

By all means PM but I wouldn't share the details I have, not that I have a lot anyway it was all removed by the emergency services.
I can only be sure of the method because of the coroners report.
Please think long and hard before acting on any suicide attempt, I know you perhaps are hurting and don't want to go for your own reason but reach deep adn reach out because once you're gone it's so bloody final and it will hurt many I'm sure.
Good luck and please be at peace.
Remember this will ricochete very wide, there is not a day or even 10 minutes in each goes by when I don't think about what has happened.
I'm not angry or mad at him, I just miss him and miss the future I wanted with him.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I myself do not have anyone in my life. I could not do that to a loved one. There is no right thing to say to someone who has lost a loved one in this manner.
I found this video for hazmat and first responders it looks like after a bit it becomes non lethal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Homecoming and johnonymous
J

johnonymous

Jun 6, 2019
I've been researching this also. My one concern is not getting it right. I'm certainly no chemist. It seems the best way as some have noted is to do it in the car in a secluded area and to put very visible notes saying exactly what chemical is used so no emt or passerby's would ever get hurt and they know in advance what chemical it is.

I have exactly the same concerns. I've narrowed it down to hydrogen sulfide, inert gas, or jumping.

DyslexicForeigner

DyslexicForeigner

Student
Dec 27, 2018
So lime sulfur + hydrocloric acid = hydrogen sulfide?

Reactions: Kokomi_20