whatever101

whatever101

Sep 1, 2020
I'm scared of hurting people even if it is just by defending myself for their actions. Because I'm scared of karma. Because I'm still hurting from the actions of the people I loved.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Wasabi, Forever Sleep, Ineedtodie and 3 others
Ineedtodie

Ineedtodie

Shame, Avoidance, hopelessness, lonliness, cbt, pm
Nov 9, 2022
The best thought that worked for me in some instances is asking the question " is there actually a problem right now. If the answer is yes defending yourself in a reasonable way is ok. Just how I would operate sometimes. I know it can be complicated. I' m quoting eckart tolle. Though not sure I got it right. But sure helped me few times. Other times I lacked clarity. It can be challenging to deal with for sure. I don't know the context either, not sure either I would have been more helpful if I knew. Hope this was a bit helpful at least. Wish you clarity.

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Sometimes striking back can be a good strategy. However, there are some tactics that can be just as effective such as asking questions.

"Are you aware that what you said was really hurtful?"
"I am not sure I understand what your motive is here, could you let me know?"
"It seems like you want to hurt me, can you tell me why?"

Question asking can divert the other person and even put them on the defensive. It may be possible that awkward questions can produce a level of discomfort such that the person who is inflicting hurt will be motivated to go elsewhere.

• Love
Reactions: Ineedtodie and Forever Sleep
deathbylife

deathbylife

going to die soon no one cares
Jun 21, 2022
Sometimes striking back can be a good strategy. However, there are some tactics that can be just as effective such as asking questions.

"Are you aware that what you said was really hurtful?"
"I am not sure I understand what your motive is here, could you let me know?"
"It seems like you want to hurt me, can you tell me why?"

Question asking can divert the other person and even put them on the defensive. It may be possible that awkward questions can produce a level of discomfort such that the person who is inflicting hurt will be motivated to go elsewhere.
So what are you trying to say?

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
So what are you trying to say?

There are options besides just taking abuse or giving it.