• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
cus depression. I feel light headed and dizzy but I don't have the appetite to eat. I drank too much water it made me nauseous even... ate some jellybeans but still dizzy. I can't bring myself to eat. I know I should but I can't. I don't like feeling dizzy either it sucks... when I suddenly get up all things get dark and I have to hold onto a wall so I don't fall down... winter is making my depression worse...

BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
It's a terrible state to be in, I feel for you. What makes it difficult to eat? When I'm incredibly depressed, it's a number of things...my stomach hurts when I think of food, the entire process is too exhausting with making the food, getting the dishes out, even using utensils and chewing, swallowing... God. :/

I lost a hell of a lot of weight last year because of my mental illnesses, and the above made me lose 20 more pounds. I kinda liked it though, I hadn't been so skinny since before puberty. Now I'm where I was last May because of meds and binge eating... But I've been returning into the above state over the past week.

...anyway, sorry, this isn't about me. I'm very concerned because of the way this is affecting you, it sounds like you're going to pass out from malnourishment. :(

psychoticxerror

psychoticxerror

Is it over yet?
Aug 18, 2020
Not having an appetite is the worst. I wish it didn't have to be such a process just to stop being hungry. Is there anything simple you'd be able to eat so that your body feels a bit better? On my really bad days I can only drink Boost or Ensure. I know they're not healthy, but it keeps me from feeling physically worse at least. I hope you feel better soon!

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I kinda envy you because depression + medication, in my case, makes me eat LOTS.

• Aww..
Reactions: WitheringAway
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
What makes it difficult to eat?
It was so complicated I didn't know exactly why I couldn't bring myself to eat. Mainly depression I think makes me forget about food really. only remember when I'm hungry but when I'm hungry I don't have the appetite at all if that makes sense. Now I'm getting slightly better at forcing myself to eat because I hate feeling dizzy, weak, drained etc
the entire process is too exhausting
This too. having to actually work for a living, preparing my own food just seems too tasking and pointless especially when you don't have the appetite
I lost a hell of a lot of weight last year because of my mental illnesses, and the above made me lose 20 more pounds.
I myself lost a couple kgs since I started my shitty job. I have mixed feelings about it, sometimes It feels good sometimes I feel guilty...
...anyway, sorry, this isn't about me. I'm very concerned because of the way this is affecting you, it sounds like you're going to pass out from malnourishment. :(
Don't apologize. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I indeed came too close to passing out at that time. Tbh I fell asleep in a weird way a couple times and I'm not sure if it was an actual sleep or me passing out lol
. Is there anything simple you'd be able to eat so that your body feels a bit better?
I stuck with drinks and water at the time. ONLY kind of food I was able to eat was plain bread with nothing else
I hope you feel better soon!
Thank you so much for your reply xx

Last edited:
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
It was so complicated I didn't know exactly why I couldn't bring myself to eat. Mainly depression I think makes me forget about food really. only remember when I'm hungry but when I'm hungry I don't have the appetite at all if that makes sense. Now I'm getting slightly better at forcing myself to eat because I hate feeling dizzy, weak, drained etc

This too. having to actually work for a living, preparing my own food just seems too tasking and pointless especially when you don't have the appetite

I myself lost a couple kgs since I started my shitty job. I have mixed feelings about it, sometimes It feels good sometimes I feel guilty...

Don't apologize. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I indeed came too close to passing out at that time. Tbh I fell asleep in a weird way a couple times and I'm not sure if it was an actual sleep or me passing out lol

I stuck with drinks and water at the time. ONLY kind of food I was able to eat was plain bread with nothing else

Thank you so much for your reply xx
What an ordeal... I hope you're able to keep eating something, keep drinking water. It's awful when depression won't let you eat.

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Visionary
May 5, 2020
I would recommend meal replacements like shakes or bars if you are not eating much. They are easy to prepare and filling. In fact I am on them now. They help me lose weight and keep the cravings down.

Reactions: OblivionSeeker
O

OblivionSeeker

Aug 8, 2020
I've struggled with Anorexia intermittently for several years now. Seriously, I would never wish it on my worst enemy. It's absolute hell.

I'm 100% convinced it's related to unending deep depression.

when a kitty-kat knows it's death is approaching, it stops eating. Perhaps anorexia is nature's way of protecting food supplies from creatures that are close to death (?) just a thought I've had.

• Aww..
Reactions: Lost Magic