N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
It is not really suicide related. I got a new phone. I have fucked things up. But I am not sure how bad. I have made a back-up of the phone before transfering the data. The problem is the battery was bloated. So I thought I I replace the battery fast with a new one. I had one here. The data transfer was only partly succesful. I realized that too late. And I did not expect the new battery would not work. I think my old phone is now broken.

It might be the case that I lost the access to some important accounts of mine. Not sure how big the damage really is. I am just an idiot concerning IT things. I have a full back-up of the phone on my laptop. But this has no benefit as long as I don't get it started.

My focus was too much on two phone games. I have done many safety steps in order not to lose data. I also made 2 other safety measures for keeping the access to my accounts but due to my superficial understanding I did the wrong things.

I am doing damage control. One big problem is I don't really know to which accounts I have lost access now.

Damn this is stressing me so fucking much. I did not really thought the old phone was broken just because I replace the battery. Though it could have become even worse. First I wanted to change the battery without any hesitation and no preparations. With my preparations I have saved a lot of data. But seemingly not all.

Fuck my life!

Fuck that.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dead Ghost, artificial_ineptness, toseeyousmile and 3 others
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
I'm no IT person either, so a whole desert full of salt. Or maybe the entire dead sea.

It depends, but maybe there is still a way to recover it. Considering you still have the phone backup on your laptop, there are ways you can transfer using usb cables and not need the old phone altogether.

But I never heard of data being lost when replacing a battery yourself, but it may be a small chance. Not sure about getting it replaced at a shop however. There's a good chance that the phone still has the data, it's just in a state of turned off indefinitely because of the new battery. You could try getting another battery or making sure all the parts/ribbons are connected. Is the battery the right model for the phone? Right specs as well, like the Imei/model number you can find on the old battery?

Just don't toss the old phone yet, it's likely you can recover the data at a later time.

I understand that in the past you have some concerns about idenfifying personal info, and ocd can intensify overthinking so I won't ask the model or OS.

After connecting with a usb
For Apple models, you can try restoring through Finder or iTunes. For Samsung, you can try smart switch, newer phone models have it installed by default (if not, you can find it on their official app store.) For other phones that use Android OS/other OS, there are guides out there.

(Excuse my grammar today)

Reactions: Dead Ghost and artificial_ineptness
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I'm no IT person either, so a whole desert full of salt. Or maybe the entire dead sea.

It depends, but maybe there is still a way to recover it. Considering you still have the phone backup on your laptop, there are ways you can transfer using usb cables and not need the old phone altogether.

But I never heard of data being lost when replacing a battery yourself, but it may be a small chance. Not sure about getting it replaced at a shop however. There's a good chance that the phone still has the data, it's just in a state of turned off indefinitely because of the new battery. You could try getting another battery or making sure all the parts/ribbons are connected. Is the battery the right model for the phone? Right specs as well, like the Imei/model number you can find on the old battery?

Just don't toss the old phone yet, it's likely you can recover the data at a later time.

I understand that in the past you have some concerns about idenfifying personal info, and ocd can intensify overthinking so I won't ask the model or OS.

After connecting with a usb
For Apple models, you can try restoring through Finder or iTunes. For Samsung, you can try smart switch, newer phone models have it installed by default (if not, you can find it on their official app store.) For other phones that use Android OS/other OS, there are guides out there.

(Excuse my grammar today)
I don't know the battery fitted to that model. I could imagine the phone was damaged when changing the battery. Despite the fact I followed an instruction from Youtube how to do it. My old phone made it pretty complicated to change the battery. The battery was glued to the phone.

I am glad I did not lose as much data as I previously thought. On the other hand I am still a little bit annoyed about the mistakes I have made.

• Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest