• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
What the title says. As for me, I would be frustrated that percentage isn't higher but, nonetheless, I would look forward to sleeping even more than I already do and I'd keep this knowledge as a secret. I'd just keep on hoping that I die during one of my sleeps and I'd probably sleep extra too if I could

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
1% really doesn't sound very high to me, honestly I wouldn't be so hopeful that I'd peacefully die in my sleep if I found that out.
Yeah, that's why I would wish for higher. But, nonetheless, I think that 1% is still better than nothing and, whilst I wouldn't be hopeful either, I know that I will inevitably die in less than a year. It's better than being stuck in this existence for multiple decades due to pro lifers keeping us here via deterrence

kawaiiphantom

kawaiiphantom

I gently open the door
Feb 1, 2024
Time to start taking like, 3 naps a day
sleepy cuteness GIF

EyesOfNight

EyesOfNight

the night will be eternal
Feb 2, 2024
I know that I will inevitably die in less than a year
You will most likely die in less than a year. I would find it hilarious if I had that 1% chance and still live for another decade. I mean, the odds become so astronomically small, it would be the greatest joke ever.

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
I would be happy about it and wish it could be 100% instead of 1%

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
ThymeToLeave

ThymeToLeave

Adventurer
Dec 12, 2023
Sounds nice. I wake up multiple times during the night so I'd probably be gone in a month or two.

Reactions: sserafim
Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
Could I rig it by taking naps and timing it to go through the sleep cycle once, then wake up and go back to sleep? If so I might be able to go in less than a month.

T

Thia

recovering
Nov 24, 2023
the probability of death within n days can be calculated as 1-0.99^n, so there is a 26% chance of dying within a month, 84% chance of dying within six months, and 97.5% chance of dying within a year

that doesn't sound so bad and I would take it if I didn't have obligations

S

synchroscope

Oct 29, 2023
This did actually sort of happen to me. I got diagnosed with epilepsy a few months ago and when I told my neurologist that I was sometimes skipping my PM dose of meds, she enlightened me about something called SUDEP, which just stands for Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy. Almost all instances of SUDEP occur at night when the person is sleeping.

It's not a huge risk factor for my type of epilepsy, but I kind of wish it was! At least I have a slightly higher chance of dying in my sleep than the average person.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Seems like image posting is broken but I promise I have a meme that captures how well I'd sleep perfectly.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
tumblr_oux1pd4LRQ1sr6ql7o1_540.gif
ALL IN! So happy, I could be sure I'm gonna die no matter how much attempts I could fail.
Same here. I'd know that I'd die in less than a year for sure which makes me excited to think about. Though, sadly, this isn't true for the real world..

Reactions: sserafim and Doemu
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
Considering you can only die once in your life I would ignore it and put the thought out of my head immediately, lest it become an obsessive thought and make my OCD even worse (I don't know how Asperger's would influence).

//

Tenint en compte que només pots morir una vegada en tota la teva vida no faría ni cas i em treuría el pensament del cap de seguida, no fos cas que es convertís en un pensament obsessiu i fes empitjorar encara més el meu TOC (no se pas com influiría l'Asperger).

Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Depends, i guess.
is it every time i close my eyes or does the duration im immobile matter?
Would it count if I napped? does it count as well if it's non-REM?
Once i get the answers to those questions then i'd probably use the waking hours to adjust certain things, like maybe i'd move to the location I want to die in, and just live there continuously.

They say that since there's a 33% chance of dying while asleep (based on the data that we spend 1/3 of our lives sleeping), then a 1% chance sounds like big number if it's on a "per sleep" count instead of "total times asleep" count.