lament.

lament.

the Immortal
Jun 28, 2023
It feels like a silly question with no real answer but I feel like asking it anyway, I keep wanting to let the people close to me know that I am suicidal, will commit suicide and that it's not their fault, etc. But I don't know where I'd even begin with doing this and I certainly don't think they'd just respect my decision either without getting overly emotional about it or trying to talk me out of it. Kinda feels hopeless, like I don't want to ask them for help, I just want them to be able to accept my death when it comes, cause realistically a suicide note comes too late.

LapseInTime

LapseInTime

Top-notch parasite.
Sep 4, 2024
I don't think you can, not all people, at least. It's crazy. They feel that this is crazy because they've never been in that position. Hell, even those who HAVE been there in the past and have now gotten over it - that's all good, it's still a much too different viewpoint and recovery may not be possible for absolutely everyone. The few times I've felt that some people MAY have accepted it, it was all fake, something they just said to make me feel better, to get closer, just so they can "help". I don't think it is that possible and that is because I have never had any success doing it. It's different here though, for which I am... more than just a little grateful. It takes so much to understand and nothing to say that you do. It's bad...

Seiba

Seiba

Arcanist
Jun 13, 2021
I understand your desire to let others know. I actually reached out to one of my coworkers on her lunch break a couple months ago despite the risk. The details aren't super important to rehash, but I'd say best case scenario they consider killing themselves too so they understand a bit more.

I think reaching out may make the guilt worse than just leaving a note if you're dead set on leaving. That aside, despite my coworker admitting to me that she's somewhat suicidal as well all she had to say in the end was that others would be hurt and otherwise, perhaps unintentionally dismissing my other reasons for leaving. Worst case scenario they can try to section you if you tell them you're not going to ever consider changing your mind.

ChronicAnamnesis

ChronicAnamnesis

Oct 7, 2024
I believe people that do not share your feelings or have the mindset of others in this board will ever be able to accept the fact. Usually they will freak out and go absolutely insane for what appearently seems like no reason. In my opinion the decisions we make to ourselves are upto us and do not need any foreign intervention. If we ask for help or try to fix ourselves let us, if we do not. Don't bother.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
You can't. You just can't. Even if you provided the most straightforward and logical arguments for why you want to kill yourself, they won't ever understand it. The pro life indoctrination is really that bad

Emeralds

Emeralds

Aug 29, 2024
I don't think that most will accept that someone close to them is going to end their life. It's only natural that they would try to talk you out of it. The only exception would be if they agreed with your reason. If they believed that your problems really didn't have another solution, and they would do the same thing in your place.

Reactions: Unspoken7612