J

jnpx321

Nov 25, 2020
If you have some money or other properties

Reactions: DeadHead
K

kambroov

Apr 7, 2023
I'll keep it, just in case the attempt fails.

Reactions: jnpx321, The Burning Fool and DeadHead
G

golden_triforce3

Sep 10, 2023
I've actually been thinking a lot about that myself.

I have some savings. Not a ton, but enough that I'd really like to leave it to a very close friend who could use the help.
I don't have any family in the country, so I guess my belongings wouldn't go to anyone else automatically. However, I'm not related to him either, so I'm assuming I'd have to write a will to guarantee it goes to him. But of course getting a lawyer to do that would probably raise some red flags and I just really didn't want to go through the hassle.

At this point, I wonder if a suicide note could be used as a will after I'm deceased. Honestly, I might also just write a check and leave them on an envelope addressed to him at my place lol.

I haven't done any research on it yet though, so those are just some random preliminary thoughts.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeadHead
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Depends how much I have left. I'd like to take a holiday and say goodbye to a few places. Nothing really lavish though. I need to prepay for my cremation and pay off my phone probably. After that- the rest is left in my will to friends and family.

D

DeadHead

Belief is the enemy of knowledge
Aug 20, 2023
This is a major problem for me. I have 2 nephews on the other side of the world to whom I am leaving everything. But I resent the fact the corrupt system that is killing me is also going to steal almost half of it through tax.
I'm trying to arrange for someone to log into my account and transfer money on the day I am found, before calling anyone. To avoid taxation.
I don't have family in this country and don't have friends or anyone I trust.
So am having to ask someone I don't know very well. I have absolutely no idea whether they'll steal it.
These complications are partly why I'm still here.
I worked 2 jobs for several decades to get this far, literally worked 7 days a week for decades. It kills me (pun intended) to think 40 percent will be stolen from me.

J

J&L383

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023

I have some savings. Not a life-changing amount, but enough that I'd really like to leave it to a very close friend who could use the help.
I don't have any family in the country, so I guess my belongings wouldn't go to anyone else automatically. However, I'm not related to him either, so I'm assuming I'd have to write a will to guarantee it goes to him. But of course getting a lawyer to do that would probably raise some red flags and I just really didn't want to go through the hassle.

At this point, I wonder if a suicide note could be used as a will after I'm deceased. Honestly, I might also just write a ton of checks and leave them on an envelope addressed to him at my place lol.

I haven't done any research on it yet though, so those are just some random preliminary thoughts.
You can do your own will, plenty of online resources, and just get it notarized. Even with an attorney would only be a few hundred dollars. I wouldn't worry about red flags, it's just the prudent thing to do. And if the attempt fails you still have your money.

• Wow
Reactions: golden_triforce3
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
If I had (enough) money I wouldn't have the plan to CTB. Therefore I don't have to deal with this question what to with it bc there is no money.

Last edited:
Reactions: jnpx321
G

golden_triforce3

Sep 10, 2023
Depends how much I have left. I'd like to take a holiday and say goodbye to a few places. Nothing really lavish though. I need to prepay for my cremation and pay off my phone probably. After that- the rest is left in my will to friends and family.
Man... screw the phone bill! They don't need your money lol
What are they gonna do after you're gone? Sue your ashes? lol

• Yay!
Reactions: tora and Forever Sleep
tora

tora

lonelycity
Jun 11, 2023
I've been spending it as I please recently since I'm going to die in a few days, but the savings that I'll still have I'll split in half. half will go to my twin, the other half to my parents who I'm giving my dog to.

CH349

CH349

Aug 5, 2023
Broke student here

I'm spending the last of my money to buy my roommate ice cream as a sorry you have to clean this mess up.

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
The one benefit of having nothing. Don't have to deal with estate preparation.

Reactions: tpboy and tora
N

nessun_nome

Student
May 7, 2023

I have some savings. Not a ton, but enough that I'd really like to leave it to a very close friend who could use the help.

At this point, I wonder if a suicide note could be used as a will after I'm deceased. Honestly, I might also just write a check and leave them on an envelope addressed to him at my place lol.

Really writing a will wouldn't raise any red flags. It might be a bit odd if you are very young or have small amounts to distribute.

This might vary from country to country but you may not need a lawyer to write a will. I don't think a suicide note will cut it as a will probably needs witnessing in most jurisdictions.

Another element is who you will ask to be the executor. Professionals will of course cost.

Reactions: golden_triforce3 and Louise Payne
L

Louise Payne

Sep 13, 2023
If you have some money or other properties
I have already done all the preparation via a will. I have some new items to update in my will. For life insurance in my country, if I take my own life, then the life insurance is invalid and will not be paid to my beneficiary. That cannot be helped. However, all other investments and monies are willed to my beneficiary.
As each country's law may differ, I recommend that you speak with a lawyer in your country for the best advice.