Jun 5, 2024
likes, matches, dates or hookups from matches

• Wow
Reactions: WithTheFlow
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I often get likes, though they're almost always from bots, men, or simply not someone I find attractive.

The few times I've gotten matches never really led to any dates. I've still never been on any sort of date of any kind, and I'm already 30. One match once told me that having zero experience is a red flag and I honestly couldn't disagree. She also said this to me when I was 28.

Also I hope anyone who thinks I'm crazy for denying some people on the basis that I don't find them attractive should consider eating moldy food next time they're hungry. Why so picky? I'm sure we could also solve world hunger if we just lowered our standards and started feeding toilet paper to the hungry.

• Hugs
Reactions: noname223, Hollowman and lamargue
-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
Dating apps... I shudder at the very idea...

I have a hard enough time navigating the dynamic when the other person is doing all the work for the both of us. I can't imagine trying to sell myself to total strangers. (Yes, "sell myself" figuratively, not literally, in case that's not clear! Though I don't know that I'd be totally opposed to doing that either... oh, well, I'll stop talking now.)

Reactions: BrainShower
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
Plenty of hookups but I'm way to messed up for anything serious.

Reactions: hoodymend
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Im 48

How do you think I'm doing?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: cowboypants, EternalShore, derpyderpins and 2 others
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
Im 48

How do you think I'm doing?
I would honestly be curious.

I mean, I get that you're joking that it is harder for older people to find matches on there, but when I was on dating apps I got a date from one in about seven or eight hundred right swipes, so I'm curious if it is still marginally better than that.

po1sentree

po1sentree

ᠭᠤᠨᠢᠭᠲᠠᠢ
Sep 14, 2024
I hate dating apps.

• Love
Reactions: SmallKoy, Aloneandinpain and derpyderpins
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Horrible. One very good looking woman wanted a hook up with me. But I don't really want that and she looked arrogant as fuck. I did not want that this is my first time. I could have imagined she would have left nasty remarks because I am not that experienced. ( I wonder whether she might have been a bot. How can one detect that?)

I had some matches after spending money and a lot of time on it. But as a man you get ghosted very easily.

However, I am dating a woman who is interested in having a relationship with me. She is more conservative on dating I assume this is why she was not switching men so frequently.

I really like how loyal she is. But I am not sure whether we fit. The phone calls got better. The dates got better. She is very hesitant to share personal things with me which is sometimes a little bit weird. But also in this instance she improved. However, there is one very big issue. She does not have a need for many interactions with me. She isn't online that often. We only talk via phone once in a week or once in two weeks. I feel sad about that. And I am a little bit frustrated. She does not have much time for me and I am not sure whether I want a relationship where I feel like I am not important enough for the other person.

On the other hand I have no alternatives. I barely get matches. And if I get one the conversation is usually very short. And due to my love paranoia I struggle to find someone in real life.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I've never used one, but I imagine it'd be an absolute shitshow if I did. I'd get a ton of swipes in whatever direction means you dig someone (I'm too boomery to know if it's left or right). And as blessed as I am, there's only so much duck dick to go around. But yeah, I can't be bothered with that mess. I'll just let everyone else fail on them.

• Wow
Reactions: DefinitelyReady and Downdraft
astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
i do well (small asian girl with a big rack ha) but i hate them lol. you're either on there treating it like some routine thing to just find a hookup for the night, or you're desperately looking for a romantic connection and spilling your anxious attachment style everywhere. maybe i'm oversimplifying it, but i suspect dating apps just aren't suited for me.

• Aww..
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Wlfgrl

Wlfgrl

Sep 29, 2022
Never used, but have a weird fear that someone is using me as a catfish (I'm not attractive)

W

WhatMightHaveBeen

Sep 16, 2024
Dating apps let me overcome my shyness and fear of rejection. I really did well with them for over a decade, like dozens and dozens of dates and partners.

WithTheFlow

WithTheFlow

Everything excellent is as difficult as it is rare
Sep 2, 2024
I would never use them.

Reactions: Downdraft and Aloneandinpain
A

Aloneandinpain

Student
Dec 25, 2023
They completely destroyed my self-esteem, massively increased my sense of loneliness and made me far more suicidal. Oh, and I wasted a huge amount of time and on them too.

For guys at least they should come with a huge health warning. They're far worse than alcohol or junk food.

Last edited:
Reactions: cowboypants
K

kcon1243

Apr 7, 2024
I get a good amount of traction and have had a bunch of hookups and dates but nobody I really wanna vibe with seriously or longterm.

vitbar

vitbar

Escaped Lunatic
Jun 4, 2023
Can't bring myself to try them because I'm too self-conscious and my self-esteem is utter shite.

Reactions: Aloneandinpain
O

obligatoryshackles

I don't want to get used to it.
Aug 11, 2023
Honestly it depends a lot on where you are too. If you're in a major urban city, you'll get way more out of it than if you live in some random suburb or god forbid rural area.

Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Adrenaline junkie
May 9, 2024
I don't use dating apps and I'm not looking for a relationship at the moment. I'm in school full time and I recently got hired for a part time job in healthcare. I don't have the time and energy for relationships. A while ago someone made a fake account on Tinder under my name and a bunch of people were all up in my DMs on social media. However, I still work as a model every now and then and I want to continue to maintain some presence on social media, so I can't just delete my accounts.

Todsünde

Todsünde

witnessing the battle between my body and my soul
Apr 20, 2024
Never used them and I never will. I don't see the point tbh since I'm not into this kind of thing and in my current life situation I wanna stay alone and finally focus on myself.
Using them feels so weird to me and I don't see the purpose tbh since meeting random people irl seems much more pleasant.

P

Privateer2368

Aug 18, 2024
Pretty well, actually.

Of course, I approach them as what they were designed for- an easy way to find no-strings hook-ups.

I think if I were trying to find love on there then I'd find them pretty depressing.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I've never used one, but I imagine it'd be an absolute shitshow if I did. I'd get a ton of swipes in whatever direction means you dig someone (I'm too boomery to know if it's left or right). And as blessed as I am, there's only so much duck dick to go around. But yeah, I can't be bothered with that mess. I'll just let everyone else fail on them.
c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636.gif

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: cowboypants
cowboypants

cowboypants

From milkyway
May 7, 2024
I used to be on there in my college days at that time there weren't many people and I live in a pretty conservative city.

I have poor social skills and I can get attached quickly. So I didn't bother after that time.

Although I want to see if it gets traction. Since i have worked my looks a bit, women compliment me on public forums when I have posted pics but maybe they are just bring nice, I'll never know T_T

sancta-simplicitas

sancta-simplicitas

Arcanist
Dec 14, 2023
Haven't used one for years because I'm celibate since 2022. When I was on them it went quite well in the sense of that it was easy for me to get likes and dates. It went... not so well in the sense that the entire culture - including my own behavior - is fucked up. It's like a never ending cycle of Feeling Bored -> Make a profile - Browse -> Match -> Conversate -> Meet -> Fuck -> "I think I have feelings for you" -> Date -> Break up ->Grieve -> Repeat. I did meet a wonderful person on Tinder though, so it's not all a dystopian hamster wheel. We ended up dating for a few years and she is still the best friend that I've ever had.

notwhereIbelong

notwhereIbelong

I'm so tired
Feb 12, 2023
Decentish I guess? As a woman I automatically get messages from men, but it's only people interested in hookups, and even then it's not guaranteed. As for actually finding a partner? Dreadful.

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
I do a'right, lots of matches, chats although most of them end up going cold. I met my ex on a dating app. It went well, and had a wonderful 8 year marriage. But my ex ended it, so now I'm destroyed and will kms probably right before 2025. Life without my ex is just not worth it, besides many other pains and issues I am tired of. So since I met my ex on a dating app and the marriage ended, I guess I did not do well on dating apps then???

L

lastboyscout

Sep 23, 2024
not very good if u are a guy.
% difference from guys and girls using it is very large and those apps like tinder that u need a match to talk to a girl are made to take guys paying
i can imagine that 80-90% of the girls u see there aren using or never used the app

around 5 years ago they worked very well. now its a piece of garbage that can pull down even the self estime of an average good looking guy

Reactions: Aloneandinpain
A

Aloneandinpain

Student
Dec 25, 2023
Can't bring myself to try them because I'm too self-conscious and my self-esteem is utter shite.
They will only make your self-esteem worse if you're an average looking male. It still messes with my head that I put myself out there on the app like we're told to, took nice pictures and almost every woman on the apps within 100 miles of me said "no".

Reactions: lastboyscout