A

ACALABJL

Apr 25, 2019
Hey all,

I was just wondering, how would one go about writing letters/messages/notes/facebook posts for the ones they'll be leaving behind? I am fortunate to have people that care for me, but regardless, I no choice left and I feel so empty. I just wish to leave something at least. I'm just not sure what topics or what I should be writing. I have been brainstorming, attempting to type up things, but all I can come up with are "I'm sorry and thank you" related things. I don't know how I can even explain myself really, or how I can truly explain in all details to have them understand me and the reason for doing this. I do plan on leaving a general facebook post, but that won't be posted until after I truly ctb (I'll be leaving instructions for this, so making a facebook post won't raise any suspicions).

Any advice, topics, insight, or even examples if people don't mind, I would greatly appreciate it.

Best,
ACALABJL

• Hugs
Reactions: lilyeehaw and bath salts
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
As for a general rule, try to keep the note short, not too short and not too long and just give a run down of your reasons as well as a goodbye and wishing the survivors well. All in all, this is not an absolute template for what is in a note, but just a general idea to follow for most notes. Furthermore, there will almost always be pain associated with any death, especially suicide, so keep that in mind when writing your note. The best you can do is explain your side and reasoning and soften the pain as much as you can, then the rest is outside of your control.

As far as social media, especially Facebook, I strongly discourage you from posting anything on Facebook or Twitter, or even on Google. They have AI that scans posts, photos, messages, and content that contains violence and/or suicidal intent and if the algorithm detects a red flag, then it would alert the authorities and you may end up getting an unwanted wellness check in your dwelling. Also, privacy is pretty much dead in those areas as AI and stuff can go through the stuff you post online, so post with caution and never post anything that you are not comfortable with sharing online.

Reactions: Kikoo Loool, lilyeehaw, namemanthedeadman and 3 others
AnnaJaspers

AnnaJaspers

Experienced
Jul 2, 2019
Ash suicide holiday had a guide on how to write a suicide note. I read it a awhile ago and the best advice I took from it was to remember whom you are writing to.

A

ACALABJL

Apr 25, 2019
As for a general rule, try to keep the note short, not too short and not too long and just give a run down of your reasons as well as a goodbye and wishing the survivors well. All in all, this is not an absolute template for what is in a note, but just a general idea to follow for most notes. Furthermore, there will almost always be pain associated with any death, especially suicide, so keep that in mind when writing your note. The best you can do is explain your side and reasoning and soften the pain as much as you can, then the rest is outside of your control.

As far as social media, especially Facebook, I strongly discourage you from posting anything on Facebook or Twitter, or even on Google. They have AI that scans posts, photos, messages, and content that contains violence and/or suicidal intent and if the algorithm detects a red flag, then it would alert the authorities and you may end up getting an unwanted wellness check in your dwelling. Also, privacy is pretty much dead in those areas as AI and stuff can go through the stuff you post online, so post with caution and never post anything that you are not comfortable with sharing online.

Yeah, I want to keep the letters, notes short... but it seems like I have so much left to say to the people I care about, or trying to explain it as much as possible, even though I know in the end they won't ever be able to understand. Also, I appreciate the concern and I completely understand about posting stuff like this online on social media, etc. The facebook post will come after, which instructions will be left for a friend to post it when I am confirmed ctb. As for the Google situation, I want to confirm though (If you happen to know). Does that apply to google docs or even say a word doc attached to the email?
Ash suicide holiday had a guide on how to write a suicide note. I read it a awhile ago and the best advice I took from it was to remember whom you are writing to.

Do you happen to have a link somewhere? If you don't mind sharing with me, or PM'ing it to me. Thanks! Appreciate it!

A

ACALABJL

Apr 25, 2019
I think this is the resource @AnnaJaspers was talking about. I used it to write my note aswell, Helped me alot. :hug:

Thanks! I will take a look into and check over with what I have.

Until @thrw_a_way1221221 replies, does anyone else know about what was mentioned about AI scanning posts, etc. and if it applies to google docs or the message attachments?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
Dear Everyone,

Thanks for all the fish.

- Throwaway Soul