P

placeholder

Jan 6, 2020
How to understand that suicide is not my fault?

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife and nopointofliving
popuoh

popuoh

Wanderer of worlds
Jan 28, 2021
Can you elaborate? What fault will you commit if you ctb ?

• Hugs
Reactions: placeholder
Upvote 0
Rayzieka

Rayzieka

Not Really Here
Apr 28, 2021
Do you mean your own or the suicide of others?
In my opinion that stands for both ways, it's most likely not your fault.
Your own suicide is caused by you but it's likely not entirely your actions that brought you to that path, it doesn't have to be anyone's fault on the surface ( if you don't want to go into who brought you here ). Say that you're suffering from a mental illness that's brought your life to become overwhelming- that's not your fault. Or if you've generally lost interest in life- in my opinion, that's not your 'fault'- it's the world itself that didn't provide you with the right forced experiences that would lead you to want to stay around. And I could argue all day about this.
And if its someone else's suicide you're talking about. Thats never anyone else's fault- even if you told them to, or if you did something to make them act as if you're at fault- its still their life and their experiences that put them in the mindset of suicide. A common example is say you're with someone, you leave, and they decide to ctb. It's not your fault because you're living your life and making your own decisions. And its not their fault because its highly uncommon for a person given the correct experiences from the world to ctb over another person living their life. And if it is, having a dramatic personality isnt the fault of that partner but again the fault of the world that created them and their genetics. Thats my opinion anyway.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ame and placeholder
Upvote 1
P

placeholder

Jan 6, 2020
Do you mean your own or the suicide of others?
In my opinion that stands for both ways, it's most likely not your fault.
Your own suicide is caused by you but it's likely not entirely your actions that brought you to that path, it doesn't have to be anyone's fault on the surface ( if you don't want to go into who brought you here ). Say that you're suffering from a mental illness that's brought your life to become overwhelming- that's not your fault. Or if you've generally lost interest in life- in my opinion, that's not your 'fault'- it's the world itself that didn't provide you with the right forced experiences that would lead you to want to stay around. And I could argue all day about this.
And if its someone else's suicide you're talking about. Thats never anyone else's fault- even if you told them to, or if you did something to make them act as if you're at fault- its still their life and their experiences that put them in the mindset of suicide. A common example is say you're with someone, you leave, and they decide to ctb. It's not your fault because you're living your life and making your own decisions. And its not their fault because its highly uncommon for a person given the correct experiences from the world to ctb over another person living their life. And if it is, having a dramatic personality isnt the fault of that partner but again the fault of the world that created them and their genetics. Thats my opinion anyway.
My own.

Upvote 0
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
What do you mean by 'fault'?

If fault = your doing, then of course suicide is your fault, as you're the one doing it. But the word 'fault' carries with it a connotation of blame and accusation, and an assumption that things could've been different "if you had only just _____". I suspect this is the implication that concerns you, and it's one that is inflicts upon people untold amounts of guilt, every day. I argue that is complete rubbish. It has to be explained why someone chooses A over B, you can't just say "they didn't errr because they're a bad evil sinner" or some garbage like that, which I tend to hear all too often. That's a useless explanation that gives us nothing to work with moving forward.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ame, Beachedwhale, placeholder and 1 other person
Upvote 1
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I guess it is our fault as we all choose the option suicide but it can be seen as not our fault as our life circumstances drive us into committing the act. We see suicide as necessary in order to free ourselves from suffering. We see it as often a desperate need rather than what we really want. We also often cannot control suicidal thoughts, our minds torture us with them, so it isn't like we are at fault for them.

• Hugs
Reactions: placeholder
Upvote 0
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
It's not your fault.

Some people (most of them) are born programmed to live.

We're just not programmed to live, or at least that seems to be the case.

There are many reasons for this.

As regards me, I want to ctb because I find existence ridiculous. Why exist if I'm just gonna get sick, old and die? Why exist if I will probably get the answers I seek such as the true origin of everything and meaning of life?

Anyway, hope you can feel better soon.

Hugs,

Matt

• Hugs
Reactions: placeholder and BottomlessPit
Upvote 0