J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Interestingly, Cavill has pretty conventional hobbies that a lot of men have, he likes gaming a lot and he really seems to enjoy fantasy stuff like The Witcher when he isn't, you know, a big name actor playing Superman.

I'm aware of that - he definitely has it all, and can be a "normal" guy at the same time. We should toss a coin to the witcher :smiling:

Reactions: WhatPowerIs
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
I'm aware of that - he definitely has it all, and can be a "normal" guy at the same time. We should toss a coin to the witcher :smiling:
Or maybe his PR team just knows how to play their cards right.

J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Or maybe his PR team just knows how to play their cards right.

What do you mean..? Do you mean that Henry might not actually be a PC nerd, so it's just part of the marketing of his personal character..?

Nerozero

Nerozero

Sep 25, 2022
Gestalt Theory is just the basic level of ugliness. You can be very simetric, have perfect teeth and health and still be objectively ugly

For my experience I can tell big noses are bad (also curved noses), big eyes and eyelashes are good, big jaws are bad in women(and good in men I think). Big lips but not big mouth. Big cheekbones. Also "large/tall" faces are bad in woman, and not sure in men. Being short is bad for men only

Obviously some people will find some of these things beautiful. But I consider it to be "subjective"

Sometimes I think on doing surgery in my nose because it's something I noticed in me from the list I wrote above (I am male btw)

WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
What do you mean..? Do you mean that Henry might not actually be a PC nerd, so it's just part of the marketing of his personal character..?
Hey I don't know, ask him!

Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
I'm a literal manlet. Men under 6'0, by society's standards, are ugly by default.

Reactions: Rocinante
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
5'6". It's basically over for me.
I think I'm only an inch taller. I wish I had something positive to tell you man but I hate just about every aspect of my physical being and I feel like I can't really make anybody else feel good about themselves either. I know some will tell you to focus on bettering your current physique, have you been doing that?

Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
I think I'm only an inch taller. I wish I had something positive to tell you man but I hate just about every aspect of my physical being and I feel like I can't really make anybody else feel good about themselves either. I know some will tell you to focus on bettering your current physique, have you been doing that?
I've lost a lost of weight, at the very least. I went from being overweight to well within normal range in about a year. Might hit the gym at a point, too.

Reactions: Rocinante and Julgran
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
I've lost a lost of weight, at the very least. I went from being overweight to well within normal range in about a year. Might hit the gym at a point, too.
I think that's for the best. Congratulations on your weight loss, by the way, I did the reverse years back, I was very underweight and now I'm at a wealthy weight for my height. Hitting the gym would probably do me some good too though.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hirokami and Julgran
Red

Red

Warlock
Apr 10, 2019
Thank you, I guess… it must have taken a lot of work to get to where you are, I can't fathom it… wouldn't the final step to be to get away from this place? I can't imagine people log in with a smile and good spirits, but I'm learning something new every day…
I mean yeah, the last way out is still the ultimate to me lol but despite the many things that make my life a misery, I've found meaning in a few things and people that make me cling on that bit longer. Cutting out the poisonous parts, whether it's other people, circumstances I have SOME control over, or/but most of all the bits in ME that facilitate the crap stuff, helped me a great deal.

A few people need me atm, more so now because I've become more valuable to them by being more giving and kind without allowing myself to be destroyed by it. It's a fine line but when you can tread it it's very rewarding! I don't think I'm making an major difference in the world but my ego doesn't require that… yet if I can do small things to make certain lives better (like visiting my grandmother with dementia twice a week, raising my son with the loving care I never got and being a decent wife), it'll be okay and I'll feel I've done the best I can with the hand I have been dealt.

Doesn't stop the passive suicidal ideation, especially when pain days are bad and I feel worthless, yet if I can help in any way instead of hinder I'll know I've done my best. You can't go without trying.

The fact that you have hope and are willing to introspect makes me believe that you are not only capable of being an attractive person, but are worthy of love and respect, and if you work on the bits that might be undesirable (to both yourself and others), whatever they might be (I don't see them from here btw), you'll get there in the end, guaranteed :happy:

This is an interesting take. What do you say about what's written below here..?

I agree! I bet that no woman in the world will ever say that Henry Cavill needs to get a better personality, take a shower or develop interesting hobbies - which is perfectly fine, because that's just how it is :happy:

Then, there is the story about Jeremy Meeks, who got quite a lot of attention for being a criminal, but good looking to women - I'm guessing that a good personality doesn't count as much in some cases.

...but, in the end, it comes down to looks as a first stage in attractiveness - that goes for men's attraction to women, as, well - and then the rest of a person's qualities, like personality, may matter more when that first stage has been passed.

I'm my take is either troll or… wrong?
Or both lol
Minors cannot fully consent, end of.
Just my take but I stand by it.

And on the second point, anyone worth being with won't be solely driven by aesthetics alone. The women that criminals attract are usually emotionally unstable or broken (maybe due to trauma?) in some way. If you're only interested in women that are only interested in looks, maybe it's YOU that is preoccupied by physical beauty rather than deeper, more meaningful qualities.

We all look like ball bags in the end anyway :pfff: beauty is fleeting and incredibly subjective. We should all learn to see it in more interesting places, maybe we'd be a lot happier.

Btw I've had several boyfriends in the past who have been called "ugly" by my friends and family, been told that I am capable of "achieving more"… but it wasn't their appearance I was attracted to. It was better things like musical talent, or the appearance of complete kindness and selflessness, or compassion for their fellow human. It was talking about meaningful things without bitterness or hate, owning up to mistakes without hesitation, and above all being willing to LEARN from those mistakes in order to be better tomorrow than yesterday. Each of those is worth a million Henry Cavills to me. Plus there are plenty of "attractive" men/women who have abhorrent personalities, rendering them ultimately useless, save for trophies to flaunt at others who are also vapid and superficial. Look at Amber Heard! 🤮

• Hugs
Reactions: Julgran and WhatPowerIs
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
The fact that you have hope and are willing to introspect makes me believe that you are not only capable of being an attractive person, but are worthy of love and respect, and if you work on the bits that might be undesirable (to both yourself and others), whatever they might be (I don't see them from here btw), you'll get there in the end, guaranteed :happy:
You aren't seeing those ugly traits of mine here because I am not showing them to you, but they exist of course, otherwise I wouldn't even be on the forum. From what it sounds like, you're much older than me and you have a lot more life experience, so it probably won't mean much when I tell you to not let the passive suicidal ideation get to you, and to not let those thoughts of worthlessness have any power of you. Yes I am aware that we cannot control those thoughts and they simply happen to arise (at least it does to me a lot of the time) but from what it sounds like, you are worth a LOT to a lot of people, such as your son (love him with all of your heart!). There will come a day maybe, when those thoughts no longer appear… and you won't even notice.

Red

Red

Warlock
Apr 10, 2019
You aren't seeing those ugly traits of mine here because I am not showing them to you, but they exist of course, otherwise I wouldn't even be on the forum. From what it sounds like, you're much older than me and you have a lot more life experience, so it probably won't mean much when I tell you to not let the passive suicidal ideation get to you, and to not let those thoughts of worthlessness have any power of you. Yes I am aware that we cannot control those thoughts and they simply happen to arise (at least it does to me a lot of the time) but from what it sounds like, you are worth a LOT to a lot of people, such as your son (love him with all of your heart!). There will come a day maybe, when those thoughts no longer appear… and you won't even notice.
That is a very kind response and really, length of life experience doesn't discount the totally different experience of another; we are all here to learn from each other n help each other grow!

N yes, the role of parent comes with massive responsibility that unfortunately some don't realise… I've never take this job lightly and will continue to do my very best in this regard, even if I do nothing else!

I know that the suicidal ideation isn't… ideal lol but the times when it comes to the forefront, for now at least, are transient. But it always hovers in the background. I just try to ignore it lol

See, your compassion here is an admirable quality right there! You may have some traits that might be undesirable but as long as you identify and mitigate them as time goes by, I'm sure you can turn the sliders down on them while turning your better ones up to max. There is definitely hope for you, I can feel it :heart:

WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
That is a very kind response and really, length of life experience doesn't discount the totally different experience of another; we are all here to learn from each other n help each other grow!

N yes, the role of parent comes with massive responsibility that unfortunately some don't realise… I've never take this job lightly and will continue to do my very best in this regard, even if I do nothing else!

I know that the suicidal ideation isn't… ideal lol but the times when it comes to the forefront, for now at least, are transient. But it always hovers in the background. I just try to ignore it lol

See, your compassion here is an admirable quality right there! You may have some traits that might be undesirable but as long as you identify and mitigate them as time goes by, I'm sure you can turn the sliders down on them while turning your better ones up to max. There is definitely hope for you, I can feel it :heart:
Thank you so much. I am wishing the best for you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Red
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Well it's like this, Charles Bronson was loved by a lots of people who liked dudes. But Chucky was definitely NOT a pretty boy. There is someone for everyone, you just have to find him. Or her. Love to all.

Reactions: Red