RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Hey everyone. So my issues with EC are finally resolved and I'll send them my sample for a purity test very soon. Now my question is: how do I store my N powder to make sure it stays fresh until it gets used? I know I can just keep my N bottles in a fridge and it will stay potent for many years to come, it's very easy to handle in that regards. But I'm not sure how to prevent my N powder from degrading when exposed to air? Should I vacuum seal it? Do I need to keep it in a dry and cool place as well?
Also how long does the powder even last if stored properly?

I really appreciate your input.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: astro and Deleted member 17331
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Desiccant pouches are in just about everything...it won't hurt to add those to the sealed container. If you have access to a vacuum sealer, why not use it? Keeping it dry and out of the light in room temperature is MUCH better than cold, damp, and exposed to light.

LetzteAusfahrt

LetzteAusfahrt

Swiss gay, will definitely ctb on October 10th
Jun 27, 2020
N is a drug. So there should also be storage regulations.

But since I don't know exactly which "Barbi" you got, I don't want to say anything about it.

TheNorthernSilence

TheNorthernSilence

Arcanist
Nov 13, 2018
I don't have a definitive answer either. Powder should be more stable than liquid in general. I think extreme heat/cold, moist, excess exposure to air and light are things to avoid. Vacuum sealing would be the best option but it takes a lot of effort. I personally can't be bothered with all that. You could add aluminum foil as a layer to your product, this is from the Wikipedia article: Aluminum foil acts as a total barrier to light and oxygen.

Last edited:
Reactions: tryingtoescape
M

Matthias_k

Apr 18, 2020
Double packaging is advised for long term storage.

Put the powder in an airtight glass container (50ml = 23g powder) then wrap it in aluminium foil.
Place the container inside a plastic food storage along with H2O and O2 absorbers and vacuum seal.
Keep in a dark place eg drawer. Fridge is ok (not freeze) Retest if possible before use.

I've stored this way some powder bought in 2010. I tested it recently and it was fine.

S l1600   Copy

Reactions: Ripple and LetzteAusfahrt