• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

C

charredlettuce

Aug 7, 2023
im worried im going to be impulsive and make an attempt tonight. it feels like ive run out of options. the thoughts keep getting bigger. i guess im wondering rn what helps you bring yourself down from that state longer term than a distraction? if it's nothing then so be it, but i feel like y'all are the only ones who'd understand how shitty all the so-called "help" can be

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: rozeske, cosmicporosity and the_path_of_sorrows
the_path_of_sorrows

the_path_of_sorrows

Different routes, same destination
Nov 26, 2023
Sorry to hear that you're struggling so much. My main escape is the gym because you gotta concentrate on the physical struggles at that very moment. If that doesn't work, I'll be playing piano to distract myself. Then, meditation. Next option would be meeting up with a friend - not cancelling plans is a hard thing to do, but also works pretty fine as a distraction. If this doesn't work, I turn to huge amounts of alcohol (great tolerance doesn't help). May you have strength in whatever choice you make!

Reactions: cosmicporosity
Upvote 0
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm sorry you're in such a dark place. For me, it's simply that I feel I can't go now. I think about what it would likely do to my Dad and I don't think I could do that to him- unless things get worse of course.

I think maybe you should try posting this in the recovery section as well. (If you haven't already.) I imagine members over there may well have more coping techniques they use to get through these times. I find in general, people on this side of the forum are more keen on embracing their ideation rather than fighting it.

The other thing- which is more of a rational thought process is that impulsive attempts seem to be at more risk of failing. And, no one deseves to make things worse for themselves. I'm sorry things are so bad for you at the moment.

Reactions: cosmicporosity
Upvote 0
cosmicporosity

cosmicporosity

WALKING ON AIR
Jul 7, 2024
Why not set a deadline date? You don't have to follow through, but it can help trick your mind into avoiding impulsive actions.(it works for me)
My distractions are going to the gym and reading books. I avoid activities that provide short bursts of dopamine.

Upvote 0