Largeletters

Largeletters

Alone
Jan 21, 2020
I don't feel up to seeing anybody right now except immediate family. All else (such as friends and people of that caliber) is too much for me, too much anxiety, masking how I truly feel, etc. How do I not feel guilty about rejecting people's plans? I don't do it cruelly, I just say things like "as much as I wish I could, I'm not really feeling up to it at the moment."

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Brave_heart and S like suicide
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
Look I understand you very well ... you are starting to isolate yourself. That's what happened to me when my depression started. It made me isolate myself.understand your feelings very well ... but if you want my advice, don't isolate yourself completely or things can get worse.And above all, don't feel guilty ... it's not your fault, your feelings are legitimate

• Hugs
Reactions: Brave_heart and Largeletters
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
It is ok to do what you need to do for you and to maintain your health.

Some may try to guilt you or control you or become nasty when you do not follow what they expect of you.

But, as far as I am concerned, if they do not get that you need space or time, if they insist that you follow their agenda, then that is on them - not you. Ultimately, it seems to me that this is an attempt to control or coerce you according to what they want, and is toally lacking in empathy and understanding that it is ok for you to do what you need to do.

The other thing? It seems hypocritical to me. I am not saying all people do this, but so very many IME who try to force people into what they want have no problem ignoring when others try to do the same to them. Kinda part and parcel of lack of empathy and consideration, and says so very much about who they are - not you.

And that is their problem not yours IMO.

You do you to maintain your own health.

<3

• Love
Reactions: Largeletters
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Just remind yourself that you are doing it for your own good. You should only see people when you feel up to it, as it could make you feel worse forcing yourself to do it. Being around people can be exhausting, I feel the same way.

• Love
Reactions: Largeletters