• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

obei

obei

This is the only place where you can say “kys”
Aug 4, 2023
I dont mean what to do, but like, how to get yourself to do it?
I just do things when I want to and when I am less depressed, but not when actually needed. It might be something really important and I wont be able to do it.
My mother calls it laziness, so like, if its really laziness (which I start to consider as an option), I heard you can actually get yourself to do things even if youre lazy.
So, how?

• Hugs
Reactions: Life_and_Death
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️
Jul 1, 2020
i dont have any answers, im hopeful someone else will🤞
ive been thinking about trying an "accountability buddy", someone to check in with me that im at least doing basics, but havent gotten around to it yet..

• Love
Reactions: obei
permanently tired

permanently tired

Eternally napping
Nov 8, 2023
An external pressure such as an eviction date could work. If your situation is stagnant then I would say rest early for one night choose and a method that doesn't require too much preparation.

• Love
Reactions: obei
FutureHanger

FutureHanger

fml
Dec 9, 2023
I think this is best suited for the "recovery" section

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Fear of failure or fear of being criticised usually motivates me. I know I can be lazy but I hate people having that impression of me.

Plus, sometimes just the knowing how much worse I'll feel if I don't do said thing can motivate me. So- I hate exercise with a passion but it does make me feel better physically and emotionally. So, I'm forcing myself to do a bit each day. Not even that much- about 9 minutes but, it's strenuous and I hate it. Only doing that much means I'm more likely to do it though. So- that's maybe one thing you could try. Force yourself to do 10 minutes say of something you don't want to. And tell yourself- it's 10 minutes of the whole day- there's really no excuse not to do it!

Exercise is a good one I think because, as you get fitter, you tend to naturally have more energy to do things.

With something like exercise or studying or, applying to jobs or working etc.- it's the idea of the greater good I suppose. The actual activity may be horrible but, life will be slightly better for having done it and could be a whole lot worse if you don't!

The last thing is 'must-do's'. I normally have a list of 'must-do's' in my head for each day. Sometimes, it's only a few things- change my bedding, do some washing, do some paperwork. Alongside work targets too but yeah- having certain things you know you absolutely must do can help.

I guess also, it depends on how much you can fail. Some people don't have a financial safety net. When they fail, they're out on the streets or, their parents would give them absolute hell. So, it also depends on what level of guilt trip you get if others end up having to support you and how much you can take that. For me- the prospect of the lecture I'd get if I had to rely on the bank of Mum and Dad seems worse than forcing myself back into wage slavery. But, there again, I'm middle aged and have very few excuses as to why I'd messed up.

Reactions: divinemistress36
absolutelyyou

absolutelyyou

peaceful
Jul 26, 2023
I got medicated for ADHD and now that my dose is right I am able to "do the thing" when I think about doing the thing rather than feeling like for whatever reason "doing the thing" is impossible. It's been a life changer and literally the only thing that made that possible for me tbh

Reactions: divinemistress36