• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

mors.mihi.lucrum

Mar 11, 2024
When my dad died a few years ago, I had to figure everything out myself. The only thing I really knew is my dad never wanted a funeral or a viewing. When I CTB, it'll be hard enough for loved ones. I want to essentially leave them with a "how to" so they know my wishes and reasons.
Do I need to hire a lawyer for this? Is there some sort of website I can make that has a passcode, and how do I get that passcode to the right people without telling them my plan? My goal is to mitigate the questions and wondering after I've gone, without outing myself before I CTB.
I think lawyers are mandatory reporters, so I can't be totally honest there. I'm not sure I want to do the timed email just in case I botch something or chicken out temporarily. Would a will of sorts cover what I'm trying to accomplish? Does anyone know if a website like I described is possible?

Onelegman

Onelegman

I use a translator
May 24, 2024
I believe that everything should be done according to the law. But I don't know the exceptions either. In theory, if you make a will, the lawyer is obliged to maintain professional secrecy, a will is not something that gives you away, if you do it it will be more reliable than a note or a website. I don't know if there is an option to create a website like the one you describe, but I doubt that it would be binding and that your will would be fulfilled.

painoflife

painoflife

Arcanist
Jul 27, 2019
I suppose you could always write/print out your wishes and have them with or near you when you ctb, I would hope that it would be passed to the people who need the information.

M

mors.mihi.lucrum

Mar 11, 2024
I believe that everything should be done according to the law. But I don't know the exceptions either. In theory, if you make a will, the lawyer is obliged to maintain professional secrecy, a will is not something that gives you away, if you do it it will be more reliable than a note or a website. I don't know if there is an option to create a website like the one you describe, but I doubt that it would be binding and that your will would be fulfilled.
This is a valid thing you bring up, it is crucial that my body be dealt with the way I intend and that would need to be legally binding. Thank you, sounds like a will would be primary and anything else I leave would really just be supplemental to help with healing and answers
I suppose you could always write/print out your wishes and have them with or near you when you ctb, I would hope that it would be passed to the people who need the information.
I do lean toward this as well, or more so a note stating where to find that info, I feel like having it on me could add some second thoughts I hope to prevent. Thank you for your recommendation friend

Felodese

Felodese

Student
Mar 31, 2024
I guess this depends on where you live. Like in my country there's a online service where you can register all your wishes around funeral arrangements and such, and if there's any important information you need to pass on, like bank codes or info they'll need to cancel services. It's not legaly bindning or anything, but it one way of passing your wishes on after you've died.
Maybe there's something similar where you live.

A

Artemisia

Student
May 24, 2024
I had my will formally signed yesterday at a notary. If you want it to be biding it's the way to go, with slight differences depending on the country. If you just want to explain your reasons and leave some directions (not biding) on how to proceed, you can use a timed email, that's what I plan to do. Write the email when you want as a draft and then send it when you're ready but only to be delivered on a set date in the future.