coppervomit

coppervomit

Jan 6, 2020
Hello. I have been suicidal for 8 or so years now. Recent events have told me that there's no point in sticking around any longer.

I don't have a method picked out. However a large concern of mine is my private chats on various messaging apps on my phone. I want to make sure that after I CTB, no one is able to read my correspondence or look through my accounts. I would also like to know a good method of destroying my cellphone beyond any hope of anyone salvaging any data from it. Thank you for your time.

rikamonie

rikamonie

Experienced
Jun 3, 2020
reset your phone to factory settings itll wipe all of the data, delete any icloud or backed up data files, really a password would do just fine if your phone is iphone since apple would refuse to open it in any case, i hear you can put electronic in the microwave to destory them

Reactions: Bct, coppervomit, casctb and 2 others
M

MyStateKilledMe

Arcanist
Apr 23, 2020
Well, if you CTB, how much of a difference does it make if someone reads your messages or not? It's not like a survivor can penalize you for writing whatever, once you're safely on the bus. You won't be around to catch any heat for it.

That said, if you're that concerned, just toss your phone into a body of water. Remove the battery, if you can, and toss in the components separately. Salt water (ocean) is slightly more destructive than fresh water (lake or river), due to the chemistry of dissolved salts, but any non-oily liquid will render your phone mostly unusable, if it's left in there long enough.

Reactions: coppervomit and Saed
Helpneedtips

Helpneedtips

Jun 5, 2020
I kind of understand how you feel. I'm a very private person, and I dont want people to check my logs/messages either. The suggestions above are good enough. You can take it a step further though by deleting your google account/apple ID (sometimes google backs up your stuff in gdrive so someone might gain access if they know your google pass) and social media accounts as well.

Reactions: coppervomit