nottinghams

nottinghams

got the cure! I win, woo!
Apr 15, 2024
i know iv is the best ROA for suicide by drugs and I'm thinking about choosing it for fentanyl (if my use of IM was why I didn't die and just fell asleep)

i think i was really scared of this route cause i thought it'd be too hard confusing, but then I looked it up and looked up self-administration and it actually looked learnable.

is self-administration reliable? I'd assume so, since drug users regularly use IV on themselves, but correct me if I am wrong.

Could anyone point me on learning how to do it? Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Willy Wonka and Praestat_Mori
K

Kali_Yuga13

Student
Jul 11, 2024
There are tons of phlebotomy training videos on YouTube showing how to draw blood. All the stuff about finding and hitting a vein applies. Instead of drawing a syringe full of blood, most users do a very slight draw to make sure a small drop of blood enters the syringe to confirm they hit the vein before plunging it down.

Reactions: Willy Wonka
Upvote 0
nottinghams

nottinghams

Apr 15, 2024
There are tons of phlebotomy training videos on YouTube showing how to draw blood. All the stuff about finding and hitting a vein applies. Instead of drawing a syringe full of blood, most users do a very slight draw to make sure a small drop of blood enters the syringe to confirm they hit the vein before plunging it down.
are you aware of where i get the supplies?
like the correct syringe/s
and the saline
a tourniquet
bandages
and is a catheter needed?

Upvote 0
K

Kali_Yuga13

Student
Jul 11, 2024
are you aware of where i get the supplies?
like the correct syringe/s
and the saline
a tourniquet
bandages
and is a catheter needed?
Amazon sells full blown phlebotomy practice kits complete with a prosthetic arm to practice on for $60-100. They have one that you strap around your own forearm like a blood pressure band to test on for $20.

IDK what the "correct" syringe is but from your other post where you said you loaded multiple syringes for IM use it sounds like you may be using insulin needles. Since you are dissolving powder, it's better to use a higher gauge so it doesn't clog. Something like a reddit community for shooters might be able to help more.

Saline (for practice I assume?), tourniquet and bandages can be found online or a pharmacy since most have diabetes care products. A catheter is used in conjunction with a long term port so IV bags can be swapped out. Not needed unless you have IV bags of medical grade ctb products.

Upvote 0
nottinghams

nottinghams

Apr 15, 2024
Amazon sells full blown phlebotomy practice kits complete with a prosthetic arm to practice on for $60-100. They have one that you strap around your own forearm like a blood pressure band to test on for $20.

IDK what the "correct" syringe is but from your other post where you said you loaded multiple syringes for IM use it sounds like you may be using insulin needles. Since you are dissolving powder, it's better to use a higher gauge so it doesn't clog. Something like a reddit community for shooters might be able to help more.

Saline (for practice I assume?), tourniquet and bandages can be found online or a pharmacy since most have diabetes care products. A catheter is used in conjunction with a long term port so IV bags can be swapped out. Not needed unless you have IV bags of medical grade ctb products.
I meant correct gauge for iv. needle length, etc
saline is not just for practice. unless i can just add water to fentanyl and iv that way?

what do you mean long term port? do you mean what they hang on the poles? and if you don't use that you don't need that for ctb?
i see there are different needles: butterfly, using catheter with no iv bags, and just a straight iv needle/hypodermic needle. What should I use?
that + the gauge/specs of needle or set used is what im confused on.

Upvote 0
K

Kali_Yuga13

Student
Jul 11, 2024
I meant correct gauge for iv. needle length, etc
saline is not just for practice. unless i can just add water to fentanyl and iv that way?

what do you mean long term port? do you mean what they hang on the poles? and if you don't use that you don't need that for ctb?
i see there are different needles: butterfly, using catheter with no iv bags, and just a straight iv needle/hypodermic needle. What should I use?
that + the gauge/specs of needle or set used is what im confused on.
A long term port is where they inject a needle and leave it in. It has a plastic attachment (port) where they can swap out IV bags or new meds without having to keep finding a vein.

I'm not a expert but there are reddit subs for IV drug enthusiasts. I will say that street users do not carry saline around and will shoot up with water from a puddle in the street if they have to. The water is simply to dissolve the product. Also, in your past post you mentioned boiling your F. Cooking in a spoon is to hasten the dissolving of the product in the water and possibly disinfect. This isn't something done for any length of time. The lighter under the spoon for just a few moments till the water bubbles and that's it. IDK about heat tolerances but if I were a user I'd have concerns about damaging the product by heating it too long. Here's a harm reduction guide that talks about gages among other things.

• Informative
Reactions: Tonkpils
Upvote 0