TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
How to ignore it when you see someone who hurt you and was mean to you because I think I got triggered and I was feeling actually okay now everything is breaking and I'm scared and shocked. I always had trouble with this especially in school.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles and LADY007
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
a) Handle the sensations of emotional pain in the present moment:

1. Mindfulness. Actually works to some extent, not a meme.
2. Exercise.
3. Alcohol (not recommended but I am drinking beer rn).
4. Masturbation (no cap). Not in public, of course, would be impossible to get off.
5. Distraction.

b) Psychologically deal with the situation:

1. Understand why the person hurt you (most often comes down to them having problems/needs).
2. Make an assessment of whether the person can hurt you again or if you are safe.
3. Make a plan for how to avoid the situation happening again.

I've never been victimized, so I'm just guessing. Don't take it as a "just do this, bro, EZ", just thought that something was better than nothing. One or two beers down, so I am sorry if it seems offensive I am autistic.

Reactions: Circles, Mixo, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 5 others
KTbear

KTbear

This Be The Verse
Dec 15, 2021
Remind myself to be glad the trash took itself out for me, then go for a walk and/or think about anything I like, such as my dog or get a chocolate malt.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Circles and TheHatedOne
T

TheBestUsernameEver

Student
Dec 26, 2021
How to ignore it when you see someone who hurt you and was mean to you because I think I got triggered and I was feeling actually okay now everything is breaking and I'm scared and shocked. I always had trouble with this especially in school.
Somebody once told me an old proverb that goes something like this:

The intelligent person seeks to correct [other people], whereas the wise person remains silent.

The implication being that the intelligent person feels the need to challenge injustices, whereas the wise person knows that even if they do not correct somebody's behaviour or attitude, it will be corrected as a result of problems it will cause in the future.

It kind of ties in with ideas about karma and forming boundaries so as to maintain your inner peace.

In short, don't fight with people because they don't treat you right, instead replace them with people who show you basic respect.

• Love
Reactions: Circles, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and TheHatedOne
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
Personally I have to give them the "out of sight, out of mind" treatment. Then I guess I just repress from there or something, eventually they fade

Reactions: lostautist, Circles, Mixo and 3 others
N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
I'm very paranoid so i run from everyone that i think will ever hurt me in the future. I'm also living in that future every single day, in my mind, can't control it. So betrayal is something i should accept, no matter i want it or not. Mustakes were made, so i had this one rule - hurt them back, but stronger. It's not emotional, it's just a form of comunication, telling others to be aware of. Every single time i blame it on myslef and my judgment about people. Ya some times, even if someone wants to hurt me, they just can't cause it's not so easy, but anyway i do hurt them, before they try. Again my form of communication with the so called sociaty. Most of the times the punishment is to stop doing business with them, no explain, so it's a big deal considering the money they lose, and i make selling them, before they do that to me or afterwards, after they tried.
When it comes to those who are supposed to hurt me, and they are clear about that, i'm fine, there is just another rule - you can try to fuck with me, but don't touch my family. That's the line nobody mortal should cross for sure.
But I'm not violent at all, haha

Last edited:
Reactions: Circles and TheHatedOne
Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
Somebody once told me an old proverb that goes something like this:

The intelligent person seeks to correct [other people], whereas the wise person remains silent.

The implication being that the intelligent person feels the need to challenge injustices, whereas the wise person knows that even if they do not correct somebody's behaviour or attitude, it will be corrected as a result of problems it will cause in the future.

It kind of ties in with ideas about karma and forming boundaries so as to maintain your inner peace.

In short, don't fight with people because they don't treat you right, instead replace them with people who show you basic respect.
I found this comment/post very helpful. Thank you.

OP, I think you're referring to physical spaces where you might run into someone who has previously done something hurtful. In such cases, I just avoid the person and try to do it fast, before they notice I'm even there. Whenever I would run into my exes (of any kind) in mutual spaces, I would just silently make a note not to go into that space again and likely abandon that group/space/activity for quite some time. This has worked for me, even though it may not be brave or mature. Then I usually go off somewhere and cry, vent, whatever and wait until the emotion passes.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBestUsernameEver
lostautist

lostautist

wandering
Jan 12, 2022
Personally I have to give them the "out of sight, out of mind" treatment. Then I guess I just repress from there or something, eventually they fade

I am very good at this.