• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

anonymous anomaly

anonymous anomaly

Lost.
Jan 3, 2020
I go swimming once a week and I need a way to hide my self-harm scars. At the moment, I'm still self-harming as a coping mechanism and I don't want to stop, but I'm worried that people will see them at swimming and I don't want people to see them. Are there any ways to hide them?

• Hugs
Reactions: AnnonyBox and Flume
P

PDAnnie2610

Waiting for my bus.
Oct 27, 2019
The place where you do it has to be selected carefully. But if you are talking about existing scars, then you'll need to get a specific cream which can help heal and prevent or reduce scarring. I've a friend who used to use such a product for self harm scars.

Reactions: Midnight-rain, AnnonyBox and anonymous anomaly
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Maybe you could buy a bathing suit that has long sleeves if the scars are on your arms

Reactions: AnnonyBox, anonymous anomaly and Flume
HannahB

HannahB

Death is the true name of time.
Oct 29, 2019
Dont they have that black stretchy tape for swimming and running and stuff? I see people use it in triathlons a lot
I believe it's called Kinesio tape

Reactions: Dwnwrdsprl, AnnonyBox and anonymous anomaly
DepressedAngel

DepressedAngel

Life is exhausting
Dec 4, 2019
Could you use waterproof concealer? It worked well for me.

Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
Do you have Dermablend where you are? It's body makeup and I'm pretty sure it's waterproof.

Also any recommendations of creams to help body scars fade would be awesome:smiling:

BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Just be careful if you're swimming with open cuts. Don't want to risk contamination and infection.

• Love
Reactions: Midnight-rain, AnnonyBox and anonymous anomaly
J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
Just ignore the stares.
While they're obvious to you, most strangers won't care a lot

• Love
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and anonymous anomaly
D

daffo

Aug 25, 2019
as someone wrote, kinesio tapes are the answer, you can put them unto the scars and fake some atheltic preparation. anyway, people will stare but no one will talk or do stuff: it's one year that i cut myself on the face and i always said "its the cat" even when obviously would be a tiger if true.. no one talk. if you want to swim, enjoy it and don't care, you deserve to do the things you like without worries.

Reactions: anonymous anomaly
Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
I honestly don't hide them. My most recent ones are on my upper thigh so if I wanted to cover them swimming it would wear board shorts with like a tankini top

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
What's the point of hiding them, they are part of you, and tbh you are prob the only one that really notices them, someone just swimming by (depending how deep/big they are of course) may not even give it a second glance,
If find it's when you bring attention to them, people notice

• Love
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
Maybe concealer?

UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
If you're outside, use SPF clothing. They make shirts, shorts and hats that offer maximum coverage. If anyone asks, you can say that sunscreen is bad for the environment (which it is.)

thepolarbear

thepolarbear

'til we die
Dec 7, 2019
What's the point of hiding them, they are part of you, and tbh you are prob the only one that really notices them, someone just swimming by (depending how deep/big they are of course) may not even give it a second glance,
If find it's when you bring attention to them, people notice

People arent blind. They will notice. They just may not comment on it, because it's not their business and they dont give a shit anyway.

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
People arent blind. They will notice. They just may not comment on it, because it's not their business and they dont give a shit anyway.

I have a load scars, not hidden them, never had any comments,
I have them further up my arms too, the one's further up are thicker

75252922 463469917708996 8550570392098439168 n 1

T

tiredandconfused

Sep 14, 2021
When all wounds are healed tattoos help distract people from the scars. I had slit both wrists. I had to wait a few years before tattooing and find a good tattooist who understands scars.

M

marshmallowfluff

Jan 23, 2023
I used to wear long sleeves an shorts when I swam.

i realise this thread is a few years old but coul have some useful info for some