• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

jacarandash

jacarandash

ash, she/her πŸ–€
Feb 26, 2023
ive been clean for a week and want to keep that streak going, however im having very strong urges to hurt myself today. i know the moment i step into the shower i will be harming myself im some way and i want to know if anybody has techniques to at least limit or even stop the urges altogether? thank you in advance ❀️

• Hugs
Reactions: Sulyya
Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
Wish I knew... just saw this thread with someone who has gone some time without. Not sure if they can share but maybe as some inspiration to try going that long. I hope that you can continue resisting for now, and eventually recover from sh.

• Love
Reactions: jacarandash
jacarandash

jacarandash

ash, she/her πŸ–€
Feb 26, 2023
Wish I knew... just saw this thread with someone who has gone some time without. Not sure if they can share but maybe as some inspiration to try going that long. I hope that you can continue resisting for now, and eventually recover from sh.

thank you for the kind words and the link to that thread, i appreciate it a lot ❀️

• Hugs
Reactions: Sulyya
Lament

Lament

π“Œπ’Ύπ“ˆπ’½ π“Žπ‘œπ“Š π“Œπ‘’π“‡π‘’ 𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒
Mar 13, 2023
Hey! I appreciate the clear lens you see yourself in, and that the shower seems to be the catalyst to wanting to SH. I think that's the general effect of location and routine; I used to SH in the mornings before school and eventually realized that it just became part of my daily habituals. I think there lies a good trick then, shaking up the circumstance a little! If you're feeling an impulse, maybe go into a different room and try giving yourself a quick task in that room (in the kitchen, I might wash a dish or grab a quick snack; I have books in the living room and might get through a few pages). Maybe showering somewhere else too?

As for stopping the urges completely or longer-term, that's a bit tricker. I smoke weed often and that seems to numb the old noggin for a few hours. If you eat enough edibles you can really tank yourself for a good 8 hours with little mental repercussion (as long as you're in a chillin' vibe, consult your physician if you have anxiety and bla bla bla...et al). I also smoke ciggies here and there, nicotine is sort of like dopamine in a gift-wrap of sorts, and you also get that deep rooted idea that you are harming yourself by smoking them. Kinda metal.
Don't smoke, kids. Or do. Whatever works.

Regardless, a week clean should not be downplayed and I commend your desire to keep it going. Wishing you the best on your journey. Hope this helps in any way <3

U

Unending

-
Nov 5, 2022
Distraction, distraction, distraction. I'm sure you're aware. It's not exactly an obscure coping mechanism but it's what gets me through the day. Some days I swear I'll end up playing video games, listening to music and a podcast, and have multiple random tabs open at the same time.

Yuki K

Yuki K

Student
Mar 9, 2023
Grab a red pen and use it as you would use a blade or knife to harm yourself. The red lines will look like sh marks and I've tried it feels good. After you're done use water to get rid of the mark
Or get a newspaper and use that as if it were your skin and cut the newspaper with the blade instead of the skin
These are kinda weird but helped me from sh for about a week

jacarandash

jacarandash

ash, she/her πŸ–€
Feb 26, 2023
thank you all for the suggestions and i apologise for my late reply. it seems i only really look at this site after breaking my self harm stream and for the days following after. that being said it's been 4 days but i intend on breaking this streak again. im unsure what triggered it, but here i am. thank you again for the suggestions, i'll give them all a go in time

• Love
Reactions: Maeve