FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
As my 23rd birthday is approaching everyday i feel like i wasted my life.

I feel so trapped in my life and dont ever see it ever changing. All i want to sleep forever thats how i feel everyday. I cant remember the last time i was happy.

I want to die so i wont have to see what i will become in the future. I dont want to live to see the next 10 years of my life.

I have nothing to celebrate

I feel so lost after graduating university is so awful. I cant cope anymore. I been in the education since i was 3 now i dont know anything else.

The recession that is coming makes me even more sucidial.

I always thought by now i would have a boyfriend . I hate being single it makes me feel undesired and unwanted. More and more i worry i be single for the rest of my life. I never had a boyfriend and still a virgin it so embrassing .

I am jealous of people who have relationships because there lives are more interesting than mine. Having a boyfriend would make my life more interesting and will give me a lot to live for.

I take an interest in guys i like and their lives but never take an interest in mine.

Everyday i wish i was the girl i went to school with because she is still with the man i always wanted and a had a job. Her life is so stable compared to mine.

How do you deal with feeling you have wasted your entire life and moving on?

I cant take it anymore

• Hugs
Reactions: Celerity, Someone123, puppy9 and 1 other person
any%

any%

Student
May 2, 2019
I wanna know the very same thing. I am in the same place but I turn 28 in july and i temporarly dropped out of my masters at university since end 2018. I feel like I have wasted my best and most "free" years. My one and only girlfriend I had from 15-19 yo. She cheated on me and even though she wanted me back, I couldnt allow myself that. I have no social contacts since i finished german high school when I was 19 or 20, cant even remember.

The only thing I can tell you is that your life just begun. You are 22 years old. You have 80% of your twenties still ahead of you. Dont be too hard on yourself. I deal with said feeling of yours (and mine) very cowardly. I just try not to think about it. I drugged myself for the longest time I can remember, although now I am clean. I do stupid shit like playing video games and watching yt videos and movies online. Other then that I drive bicycle like crazy, cause it makes me feel high but without taking drugs.

It is not too late for me either, but I dont take a chance, I am just too passive. It is certainly not too late for you, gosh I wish I was 22 again, I just finished my 2nd bachelor semester at university back then. The final advice I have for you so far is, dont compare your life to others. It doesnt make sense and it brings you down most of the time, cause one tends to look at lives that have something in them that you seek and lack in your own. And again, you have wasted not your entire life. You are merely at the beginning!

I give you a big internet hug & am always here for you if you need someone to talk to. For now I cant give you any other advise, I am in quite a dark place atm myself. <3

Reactions: Celerity and puppy9
mxEll

mxEll

Apr 21, 2020
I'm 28 and can relate to a lot of what you're saying, especially feeling undesired and unwanted. Being a male and not having any meaningful relationships at this point in life feels like confirmation to me that I'm not worth anything. I realise at the same time that putting so much of your self-worth into relationships and other people is only harmful in the long run. People will come and go, you'll be with you forever.

People have said many times to me in my youth you have your whole life ahead of you as if time somehow fixes everything. It doesn't. I wish I had an answer on how to deal with the pain of a wasted life too. All I can say is you should look inwards for your self-worth and don't compare against others. You graduated University, that's something to be proud of.

Drop me a PM if you need any help.

• Aww..
Reactions: Funeralprincess and puppy9
F

Funeralprincess

Death never turned on me
May 8, 2022
The solution to that feeling is to end your life. I finally had enough of wasting my life and respect myself enough to pursue ending it

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
You do hvae somne things going for you, having your degree and knowing the importance of a relationship in a persons' life. You may stilol have a chance at happiness if you can find a guy who is right for you, you still have time for this. Focusing on building a social network of some friends and some family members who you can count on could help. The job market is excellent and this is very unlikely to chnage any time soon. If you are able to get a job where you could make some friends this could help. Once you have some people you can count on you could get ideas from them for how to get into a relationship, how to meet the kind of guy who might be right for you. There may be some hope from working on things like this. How is your social network, in terms of friends and family?

Reactions: Celerity
S

SarRy

Student
Oct 5, 2022
there's the bitter grapes method. Take a look at what other people's lives are really like. Would you really want to change places with them? A lot of times, if you get what you want you realize it comes with more trouble than it's worth. Also, it's not your entire life if you haven't stopped living yet!