pixiewillnotexistt

pixiewillnotexistt

Aug 5, 2023
Heya, sorry this is my first post here so I'm not quite used to the format..

My partner of over a year has recently left me. We were infact engaged, and I had planned my whole life out with her. Her reason for leaving is that my mental health was 'weighing her down' and that she was 'exhausted'. I have BPD and the fact she left me all because I had a crisis feels so hurtful and cold. I just can't believe she'd leave me because of my mental state- you'd think she'd want to help. For so long she was my support, my rock, and she made life so amazing for me. I was genuinely happy and excited. Since she's left, all I do is sleep. I've had barely any shifts at work, so I have no need to leave the house. Every single day is the same and I genuinely am close to ctb due to her being gone. I've tried fixing things with her, making promises to get help and she just won't listen. Has any one else been through anything similar? X

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: brainwormz, ApparentlyNot, Angst Filled Fuck Up and 1 other person
pris

pris

Jul 14, 2022
i have bpd n so does my partner they completely split on me suddenly and im extremely suicidal, i tried this over and over and i think at this im gonna be a 10% there's no shame in it if you feel like youve exhausted every possible option in your life
im not encouraging it though

• Hugs
Reactions: pixiewillnotexistt, Angst Filled Fuck Up and Eternal🌈Rainbow
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Most people want things like fun, lightheartedness, autonomy, emotional connection and a dash of unpredictability in their romantic relationships. If you instead provide a predictable, solemn, needy or difficult experience for the other person, you may well bog them down and there's a good chance they'll want to leave unless they have a savior complex, for example. And this isn't to criticize you in any way, it's more a summary of the kind of the interpersonal problems we face as struggling people on the whole. Our issues and ways of being can be unattractive and inescapable because they're baked into the cake.

I am genuinely sorry to hear of your situation. I think it's really heartbreaking that those of us who need the most help and support receive so little of it. It seems like the more we lean on people, the more they lean away from us, and it's a real problem when you need a person there as your rock. I hope you bounce back somewhat, and soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: pixiewillnotexistt, bluesoapyskies and ApparentlyNot