Strawberry Moon

Strawberry Moon

It's not over till you're underground
Nov 1, 2023
Why is it so hard for anyone in my life to check in on me or hold a conversation with me?

I'm fortunate to have people in my life but at this point I wish they didn't exist.

I am so lonely, it's ruining me. My heart feels constantly broken. My mental health is the worst it's ever been and not one person has noticed or reached out, just ridiculed me for being short and distant or not having much banter to return.

Hopefully not much longer until the bus comes. I can handle feeling depressed, empty, suicidal. But lonely? It's killer.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Forever Sleep, 710, Amidaa and 9 others
P

PanaxMan

Student
Apr 11, 2023
Why is it so hard for anyone in my life to check in on me or hold a conversation with me?

I'm fortunate to have people in my life but at this point I wish they didn't exist.

I am so lonely, it's ruining me. My heart feels constantly broken. My mental health is the worst it's ever been and not one person has noticed or reached out, just ridiculed me for being short and distant or not having much banter to return.

Hopefully not much longer until the bus comes. I can handle feeling depressed, empty, suicidal. But lonely? It's killer.
same here

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: pretzelsandballoons, Sannti and Strawberry Moon
chasm

chasm

It hurts :(
Oct 21, 2023
I feel this so much -- loneliness and heartbreak is what my life is now. I can wait to get out.

• Hugs
Reactions: UtopianSoliloquies, Sannti and Strawberry Moon
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
I'm sorry, do we still have that discord server? I know it's not the same thing as reality, but perhaps more intense than text on a screen.

Strawberry Moon

Strawberry Moon

Nov 1, 2023
I'm sorry, do we still have that discord server? I know it's not the same thing as reality, but perhaps more intense than text on a screen.
If there is a discord server I'd be interested. I'm very new here so not 100% on how to navigate the site yet.

BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
I wish I knew the answer. It's awful. I'm socially isolated mainly due to physical health problems but mental issues as well. It's killing me because I'm an extrovert and was a pretty social person before my illness took a turn for the worse. Fire Tv and dogs are my only companions.

• Hugs
Reactions: 710, outrider567, Nlis2244 and 2 others
Strawberry Moon

Strawberry Moon

Nov 1, 2023
Not sure tbh, there's a chat above where you could ask (try that first, top of the page), which I just tried, but we have a telegram group which functions similarly, afaik.
Thank you, I'll check this out tomorrow when I'm in a better frame of mind.
I wish I knew the answer. It's awful. I'm socially isolated mainly due to physical health problems but mental issues as well. It's killing me because I'm an extrovert and was a pretty social person before my illness took a turn for the worse. Fire Tv and dogs are my only companions.
I resonate with this so much. Used to be a social butterfly and now I'm stuck in my room 24/7 merely existing. It's hard.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager
Nlis2244

Nlis2244

Alone
May 13, 2022
I understand you well. I'm not good at coping with it, for me the feeling usually is just buried under all the other worries. But sometimes, like tonight, it resurfaces, and I just think how absurd it is that everyone that I know has friends, a social life, and developed social skills, while I don't even know what those things are. But strangely this is not a painful feeling, i feel more of a calm resignation, it's almost pleasurable. It makes me more convinced of the idea of ctbing, so that's good.

• Hugs
Reactions: Strawberry Moon
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
Thank you, I'll check this out tomorrow when I'm in a better frame of mind.

I resonate with this so much. Used to be a social butterfly and now I'm stuck in my room 24/7 merely existing. It's hard.
It's brutal. It's definitely not living. My world has gotten so small.

• Hugs
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
I feel the same way due to a similar situation. There may be some that say people like us have to reach out first. Fck that. I've sacrificed myself for so many and don't deserve any more work on my part. I'd rather just catch the damn bus.

• Hugs
Reactions: Strawberry Moon and Nlis2244
T

ThisUnrest

Seeking personal sovereignty
Aug 15, 2023
I understand @Strawberry Moon It's horrible. I used to be able to function before my parents and husband died. Now I cant get out of bed and barely eat. My only sister lives 10 minutes away and rarely talks to me, not in a mean way, just doesnt realize how sad and alone I feel. Cousins dont talk to me at all, cant be bothered. This all feels so hopeless and makes me feel nauseous. I miss my old life so much. I simply don't want to live this way.

• Hugs
Reactions: Strawberry Moon and outrider567
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
I cannot cope

• Hugs
G

Givingupandgivingin

Oct 18, 2020
Lonely is very hard.
It feels to me as though life for most other people is behind a screen - I can see it but not get to it. That makes me lonely.
It's partly why I don't want to be here anymore. It's like there's a club I don't belong to but everyone else is a member.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nlis2244 and Strawberry Moon
Strawberry Moon

Strawberry Moon

Nov 1, 2023
I understand @Strawberry Moon It's horrible. I used to be able to function before my parents and husband died. Now I cant get out of bed and barely eat. My only sister lives 10 minutes away and rarely talks to me, not in a mean way, just doesnt realize how sad and alone I feel. Cousins dont talk to me at all, cant be bothered. This all feels so hopeless and makes me feel nauseous. I miss my old life so much. I simply don't want to live this way.
Sending lots of love to you.
I feel the same way due to a similar situation. There may be some that say people like us have to reach out first. Fck that. I've sacrificed myself for so many and don't deserve any more work on my part. I'd rather just catch the damn bus.
I have reached out first. Multiple times. It's always overshadowed by their issues and I'm too nice to reciprocate the energy and not care. I wish I mattered.

Amidaa

Amidaa

How come we are brought here to just suffer
Aug 14, 2023
I totaly feel the same, i have tried many times to have a good friend or be part of a group over many years. but in the end i'm just like a ghost for some reason i'm there but jet i'm not there it is always the same result. i'm also just tired to reach out myself to talk or do the activity with the person or group. because i always find out that i'm like the last person to know about it.
that just show me that i'm not really part of them and its even worse if i decide not to reach out anymore like i just get nothing anymore. so it is just clear to me, i guess i'm just destined to be alone. but it is slowly taking a toll on me + with all other stuff that is going in my life to. the only thing that make me less lonely is this community. or how i cope with it is like drinking myself till i pass out but i don't think it is something for everyone unless you have nothing to loose anyways. but i do hope you find something to cope with it or can find yourself something to ease the pain.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
P

PanaxMan

Student
Apr 11, 2023
Sending lots of love to you.

I have reached out first. Multiple times. It's always overshadowed by their issues and I'm too nice to reciprocate the energy and not care. I wish I mattered.
Same, most likely a lot of people have this problem. In fact, it maybe one of the reason of why the might want to CTB.