• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
How do I contend with the fact that I have to leave them behind. There is no hope or recovery for me but I have a very loving family that will be destroyed after I pass. How do I come to terms with this decision?

Sparr0w

Sparr0w

please feed my pfp crumbs they are begging u
Jan 24, 2023
they'll recover... eventually. it might take them years, but they will recover from your death.

apart from anything you put in your suicide note, there isn't much else you can do, sadly. i'm in the same boat as you, except i "came to terms with it" when i was like 14 (four years ago) and feel that my death is priority over their sadness. that doesn't stop me from feeling slightly guilty, of course, but it's not something that'll stop me when the time comes.

but... yeah, i get you. a lot of users here think that their family will forget them, and maybe that's true, but it's equally likely that their family will remember, and even 40 or 50 years into the future, the death could still be a sensitive topic in their hearts.

all you can really do is accept that, and weigh if you are okay with doing that to them.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
The way that I see this, the fact is that death and loss are just an inevitable part of life, we all have to die and lose everything someday, eventually we won't very likely even exist in the memories of those who continue to stay here, and the reality is that nobody is obligated to continue existing in this world, it's a personal decision when to leave.
And whatever happens in this world after we are gone could simply never be our concern as we won't exist at that point, if people don't want to deal with loss then they simply shouldn't have chosen to procreate.