• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

CoolGuy9

CoolGuy9

Mage
Mar 5, 2019
I'm trying to pick up the old guitar again. Only problem is when I practice, my brain likes to remind me that I failed before and I probably will fail again. If I can't do something the first time, I instantly get an urge to stop practicing. I also have a hard time focusing. I really want to be a good guitarist, but it's hard. Gonna go for a walk now to see if that will help me concentrate.

Reactions: ithappens, brighter and Redt2go
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
You can probably get good at guitar if you practice enough. It can be frustrating to fail but you could try just focusing on making small improvements at a time and having fun. After a while you'll realize that you're playing things that you couldn't play before and it becomes more rewarding. I know that's not an exciting answer but there really is no substitute for practice! Also there are tons of easy songs/riffs to get going, and of course it's always more fun to play on quality gear.

As far as how to be productive, I'm still trying to figure that one out. :P

Reactions: CoolGuy9
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
Going for a walk sounds like a good idea. It's a great way to destress. But really find a hobby that you know you can do. And build on that to do something hard and find another hobby to try something slightly harder again. Then maybe you can do the guitar. IDK start adult coloring. It's a great way to focus your mind and see literally see the fruits of your labor. They have adult coloring books on amazon.

Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
I'm trying to pick up the old guitar again. Only problem is when I practice, my brain likes to remind me that I failed before and I probably will fail again. If I can't do something the first time, I instantly get an urge to stop practicing. I also have a hard time focusing. I really want to be a good guitarist, but it's hard. Gonna go for a walk now to see if that will help me concentrate.
Go for one note at a time, don't set too higher expectations.
Good luck brother

Reactions: CoolGuy9 and brighter
R

Roberto

Wizard
Jan 19, 2019
The thing that works for me to get focused is to go to a place, that is where I use to do the thing I want to learn. I'm bad learning at home. But when I was in the school I like to study. Sometimes I went to the library to study, so I can concentrate.

CoolGuy9

CoolGuy9

Mage
Mar 5, 2019
You can probably get good at guitar if you practice enough. It can be frustrating to fail but you could try just focusing on making small improvements at a time and having fun. After a while you'll realize that you're playing things that you couldn't play before and it becomes more rewarding. I know that's not an exciting answer but there really is no substitute for practice! Also there are tons of easy songs/riffs to get going, and of course it's always more fun to play on quality gear.

As far as how to be productive, I'm still trying to figure that one out. :P
Practicing Back In Black's solo atm. So far I have made some progress. I feel like this should be easy, because I have played for so long and I kinda wanna give up and the progress I made isn't enough, but i'm trying to go with the attitude that if I didn't practice, then even this little progress would not have been made and the time would have been wasted.
Going for a walk sounds like a good idea. It's a great way to destress. But really find a hobby that you know you can do. And build on that to do something hard and find another hobby to try something slightly harder again. Then maybe you can do the guitar. IDK start adult coloring. It's a great way to focus your mind and see literally see the fruits of your labor. They have adult coloring books on amazon.
Not really too interested in doing another hobby, but I can see the appeal of coloring books. The walk turned out to be a wonderful idea. Earlier today I practiced and it was just horrible as I went from I ain't gonna make progress to all my failures to suicide, but after the walk, I actually could enjoy playing and make progress.
Go for one note at a time, don't set too higher expectations.
Good luck brother
My main problem was that my expectations were too high. Now they are extremely low, just so I can atleast do something.

Last edited: