ABSOLUTION

ABSOLUTION

Jul 25, 2023
I'm thinking I'd tie myself to a tree or pole loosely so that I will slump forward and any vomit can go straight out.
It would hopefully keep me from moving away from my spot too which is important.
If not that I guess you can put yourself in the recovery position, though there isn't a guarantee you won't move around and undo it.

Boofing could also be an alternative but that could have similar issues from what I've read, it might give you diarrhea.

Egg

Egg

Aug 7, 2018
I'm thinking I'd tie myself to a tree or pole loosely so that I will slump forward and any vomit can go straight out.
It would hopefully keep me from moving away from my spot too which is important.
If not that I guess you can put yourself in the recovery position, though there isn't a guarantee you won't move around and undo it.

Boofing could also be an alternative but that could have similar issues from what I've read, it might give you diarrhea.

If you tie yourself to a tree when you ctb, you will be visible to onlookers who might attempt to rescue you - unless you're in an extremely remote location. Are you out in the middle of nowhere?

ABSOLUTION

ABSOLUTION

Jul 25, 2023
If you tie yourself to a tree when you ctb, you will be visible to onlookers who might attempt to rescue you - unless you're in an extremely remote location. Are you out in the middle of nowhere?
I do have lots of places that I can go deep within where it's extremely unlikely I'd be discovered.
I'm also going to do it on a weekday morning (preferably Monday) to further decrease the chance of stray people messing around.

I'm guessing a tree isn't practical for you... I suppose it wouldn't be if you lived in a more urban area.
But it can be anything that stands upright and you can wrap something around it.
For example, if I did it in my room I could use my bed post, though I live with others so not an option for me.

Egg

Egg

Aug 7, 2018
Yes I live in a large city so a tree wouldn't work for me. I would also be worried that if I drove to a remote location I might still be discovered if I ctb outdoors.

But, yes, you're right there are alternatives indoors like a bedpost or a standing beam I guess. I just don't know if this solves the problem of aspirating your vomit into your lungs. It seems like it would probably minimize it if you're effectively standing up the whole time. But I'm not sure how scientific it is as a robust solution and preventative. This stuff all seems so risky and unknowable.

ABSOLUTION

ABSOLUTION

Jul 25, 2023
You wouldn't be standing up the whole time, you'd be sitting and leaning forward on the rope.
Depending on the looseness of the rope you'd be stably leaning forward at a decent angle which will allow gravity to clear your airways.
I think it will be relatively comfortable.
I just need to figure out how to make the rope not slip so I don't end up collapsing forward if the pressure is released.
But if I can't, even if you are more tightly tied to the pole your head would still point downward.

But, yes, you're right there are alternatives indoors like a bedpost or a standing beam I guess. I just don't know if this solves the problem of aspirating your vomit into your lungs. It seems like it would probably minimize it if you're effectively standing up the whole time. But I'm not sure how scientific it is as a robust solution and preventative. This stuff all seems so risky and unknowable.
I'm not recommending you or anyone else to do this. This is just what I'm planning to do.
You're free to take inspiration if you want though.

But yeah that's the nature of all this, experimental and risky.
We have to figure all this shit out on our own and hope for the best.
I doubt there will be any scientific studies on making CTBing efficient and/or safe any time soon.

Egg

Egg

Aug 7, 2018
You wouldn't be standing up the whole time, you'd be sitting and leaning forward on the rope.
Depending on the looseness of the rope you'd be stably leaning forward at a decent angle which will allow gravity to clear your airways.
I think it will be relatively comfortable.
I just need to figure out how to make the rope not slip so I don't end up collapsing forward if the pressure is released.
But if I can't, even if you are more tightly tied to the pole your head would still point downward.

I'm not recommending you or anyone else to do this. This is just what I'm planning to do.
You're free to take inspiration if you want though.

But yeah that's the nature of all this, experimental and risky.
We have to figure all this shit out on our own and hope for the best.
I doubt there will be any scientific studies on making CTBing efficient and/or safe any time soon.
Very true.

ForeverBroken

ForeverBroken

Memento mori
Jun 17, 2023
when you lay on your side, you are less likely to aspirate.