Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Hi, I have a classmate that seems pretty sad/depressed most of the time and he makes troubling Instagram stories on his account. I sometimes react to them or something and yesterday I contacted him with a hi and how are you and he sent me a sad response. We haven't talked much at all but I think he know that I'm also quite like him. Would it seem weird or out of place to ask him if he considered CTBing? I don't want to cause concern for me I just wanted to maybe start a conversation that we could both relate to. I know he has trouble with his family, which I personally can't relate to but he has talked to me about that he sees nopoint of life or something along those lines. But since we don't usually talk since I'm pretty antisocial would it seem to shocking/concerning/sudden?

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i had a friend in school and i had over heard him talking to the guidance councillor. when he came out i caught up with him to let him know that if he ever needs me just let me know.

in this case id personally start out small and ask how they are feeling, letting the conversation build from there.

• Love
Reactions: Nymph
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
Well, how would you feel if he thought he saw you might want someone to talk to, and he came up to you? You might feel a little defensive at first but then relieved for someone to talk to. Since he sent you the sad reply, I say that's your invitation to at least offer. You could tell him that the two of you should talk because you think you understand him. And then don't get into any details until you're face to face. As @Life_and_Death said, start out small. He already did.

• Love
Reactions: Nymph and Lorntroubles
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Well, how would you feel if he thought he saw you might want someone to talk to, and he came up to you? You might feel a little defensive at first but then relieved for someone to talk to. Since he sent you the sad reply, I say that's your invitation to at least offer. You could tell him that the two of you should talk because you think you understand him. And then don't get into any details until you're face to face. As @Life_and_Death said, start out small. He already did.
I wish I could be more emphatic and be good at conversations but I'm not sure how to continue. I talked to him today online and we talked about our pets. That was it really. I'm bad at communicating and I think we r both anti social so we probably won't be meeting irl besides school. I'm not sure how to bring up other subjects or how to even start:/ I mean I know that's a me problem so I guess I just have to figure something out

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
I wish I could be more emphatic and be good at conversations but I'm not sure how to continue. I talked to him today online and we talked about our pets. That was it really. I'm bad at communicating and I think we r both anti social so we probably won't be meeting irl besides school. I'm not sure how to bring up other subjects or how to even start:/ I mean I know that's a me problem so I guess I just have to figure something out
I'm an introvert and I would use his own words. Quote his sad reply and just say something like "why so sad?" Or "want to talk about it?" You're not hoping to introduce him to this site, you just want to see if he needs a friend. So (not to say what I just wrote in the other post, sorry) but start small. Maybe he'll do most of the talking.

• Love
Reactions: Lorntroubles and Nymph
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
@coeur.brisé has good suggestions. I would add that depending on what the friend says about life, whether it is a cry for help, needing a shoulder, or wanting to find information about CTB, just be open to it. One important thing to keep in mind is not to be the person who would try to use his own words against him, like trying to get him "help" (unless he indicates that he wants to get help) otherwise it could just make things worse for him, especially forced help, or intervention.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking and Deleted member 18655