sensenmann

sensenmann

this will be the end of me
Jun 14, 2023
Since nothing is forever and the site could be gone any day (hope not) I decided to archive some threads, I didn't find any guide here on how to do it so I am posting my method.

There is probably a faster and more "automated" method but this has worked well for me.

Here are the things you need:
  • The browser add-on SingleFile or SingleFileZ, I use Firefox but they are also available for Chrome.
  • Python to create and execute the script
Now, you can use SingleFile to archive a single page but if you want to archive a whole thread at once you will need some kind of script that generates the urls, then paste those into SingleFile.

This python script can generate multiple urls in a text file, open notepad put in the script, then you put the template of the url in base_text = "url-here" last thing is to put the number of pages in num_strings = 123.

Save the script ending with .py, then double-click it, or open a terminal in the script directory and write in scriptname.py, you will get a .txt file in the same directory with all the urls.

Last thing is to copy all the urls from the .txt file and paste those into singlefile/singlefilez with the "Batch save URLs" option, it will download every page into a .html file, containing pictures, text, etc.

EDIT: removed selenium since it is actually not needed, it is for automation.

Examples:

Url

Pages

Script

Text

Batch

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Informative
Reactions: donxtwait, Praestat_Mori, ztem and 2 others
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
This is quite interesting. It would be very useful in the case of SS being taken down. Unfortunately, though, you can't do shit on a phone so I screenshot things that I want to keep, lol.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Lost in a Dream and sensenmann
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
someone already did a backup of sasu on a mediafire about a year ago they uses a web crawler can't find it now even tho i've searched high and low for it i have it on a old laptop that broke down

• Aww..
Reactions: アホペンギン and Praestat_Mori
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
someone already did a backup of sasu on a mediafire about a year ago they uses a web crawler can't find it now even tho i've searched high and low for it i have it on a old laptop that broke down
That's awful… I hope someone else makes a backup of sasu too, because you lost the one you had.