locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
First, this isn't a bashing of Jehova Witnesses. Frankly, I couldn't care less if you follow a particular religion, what religion you are, if you're atheist, if you worship the devil, or even if you're a member of a cult. Do as you want. I'm just sick and tired of Jehova Witnesses knocking on my door and bothering me at
any/all times of any given day. It's annoying and akin to spam calls on my phone. It's the ringing of the phone, or in the case of Jehova Witnesses, the knocking on my door, that is bothersome. I don't want to hear any of their proselytizing, either, but it's the knocking that is bothersome. Doesn't matter how many times you tell them you're not interested, they always come back.

This morning another one came to my door. As soon as I opened the door, I knew exactly who they were, and the first thing I could think of doing was to go into this spiel about how I'm a satan worshipper and I'd like to take their soul to give to my master. I waved my hands and even stuck out my tongue like Gene Simmons from KISS. They left immediately, but I'm sure they've heard it all before. I'm sure they'll be back at some point.

Signage doesn't seem to keep them away. According to the shit-ass Supreme Court of US, they have the right to bother people in their own homes to proselytize their "beliefs" anytime they want. It's ridiculous that they have all of these rights, and that their rights trump my rights to peace, and to just be fucking left alone in my own home.

Is there any way to permanently stop these people from coming around?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Blurry_Buildings, YandereMikuMistress, GuessWhosBack and 1 other person
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

If you have doubts, reach out. Here to listen.
Jul 15, 2024
They don't like stairs. I never get them because I live on the top floor, where Jesus can't find me.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: exitingtothevoid, Blurry_Buildings, TapeMachine and 7 others
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
They don't like stairs. I never get them because I live at the top floor, where Jesus can't find me.
Yeah, I guess my 5 stairs up to my porch isn't enough hidrance for them.

• Yay!
Reactions: Blurry_Buildings and GuessWhosBack
Chili

Chili

Sep 27, 2023
Not sure if it's illegal, but definitely answering the door naked.

• Yay!
Reactions: DefinitelyReady, GoatHerder, Blurry_Buildings and 4 others
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
I know what you mean. One week after my mother's death they knocked on my door and had the audacity to tell me that my mother's death was to make me stronger. Who says this to a child??

I screamed all the swears I knew and even told them to get fucked where the sun don't shine. Slammed the door, never saw them again.
Not sure if it's illegal, but definitely answering the door naked.
I second this. My boyfriend also had issues with Jehova's witnesses coming all the time, did this once, they never went there again.

• Aww..
  • Informative
Reactions: DefinitelyReady, Kit1, locked*n*loaded and 1 other person
Dot

Dot

Globl mod | Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
First, this isn't a bashing of Jehova Witnesses. Frankly, I couldn't care less if you follow a particular religion, what religion you are, if you're atheist, if you worship the devil, or even if you're a member of a cult. Do as you want. I'm just sick and tired of Jehova Witnesses knocking on my door and bothering me at
any/all times of any given day. It's annoying and akin to spam calls on my phone. It's the ringing of the phone, or in the case of Jehova Witnesses, the knocking on my door, that is bothersome. I don't want to hear any of their proselytizing, either, but it's the knocking that is bothersome. Doesn't matter how many times you tell them you're not interested, they always come back.

This morning another one came to my door. As soon as I opened the door, I knew exactly who they were, and the first thing I could think of doing was to go into this spiel about how I'm a satan worshipper and I'd like to take their soul to give to my master. I waved my hands and even stuck out my tongue like Gene Simmons from KISS. They left immediately, but I'm sure they've heard it all before. I'm sure they'll be back at some point.

Signage doesn't seem to keep them away. According to the shit-ass Supreme Court of US, they have the right to bother people in their own homes to proselytize their "beliefs" anytime they want. It's ridiculous that they have all of these rights, and that their rights trump my rights to peace, and to just be fucking left alone in my own home.

Is there any way to permanently stop these people from coming around?

Slf 1nce pluggd slf bnd t/ thm fr 45 mns untl thy wre makng xcuses t/ leav

Othrwse cld hng smethng on ur dr whch mght scre thm off

A famly membr 1nce opnd th/ dr holdng smethng lke a satanc bibl & thy rn dwn th/ drve-wy

• Yay!
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Kit1 and locked*n*loaded
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
This dude used to be a JW and has talked what to do to get rid of them, along with how to talk to them.

• Informative
Reactions: Myforevercharlie, 3/4Dead and locked*n*loaded
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020

Convert them to accept the one true God, the Government.

• Yay!
Reactions: YandereMikuMistress, Blurry_Buildings, locked*n*loaded and 1 other person
PinballWizard39

PinballWizard39

Student
May 3, 2024
My Mum used to put a 'Give Blood' sticker on the door. Worked like a charm!

• Yay!
Reactions: exitingtothevoid, DefinitelyReady, Blurry_Buildings and 1 other person
Ferdinand Bardamu

Ferdinand Bardamu

DO YOU WANT TOTAL WAR?
Feb 22, 2024
Open fire. Works like a charm.

Reactions: locked*n*loaded
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Religion cat god atheist atheism athiests pknn1706 low

Surprised no one has mentioned 'No canvassers' or 'Do not knock' signs. I put one up years ago and haven't had a problem since.

Reactions: GoatHerder
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Surprised no one has mentioned 'No canvassers' or 'Do not knock' signs. I put one up years ago and haven't had a problem since.
According to the US Supreme Court religiously affiliated organizations are not lawfully bound to adhere to "No Soliciting", or "No Canvassing", or "Do Not Knock" signage because it infringes on their right to "free speech" and violates the First Amendment of the Constitution that states, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;".

If you haven't been bothered again since putting out a sign, I think you've just been very lucky. They *may* take heed of the sign and stay away, but they certainly don't have to. I may try it again. Maybe a sign more "specific". If that doesn't work, I'll just flash them my junk. Thanks for the idea.

• Informative
Reactions: Pluto
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
Hang roadkill from your doorknob and put up really aggressive targeted signs like "I'm an alcoholic with a gun and I hate canvassers!"

jokes aside my experience has been if you just tell them you're an ex-Witness/disfellowshipped they'll assume you're a lost cause and leave you alone

• Informative
3/4Dead

3/4Dead

Peace, Love, Empathy
Feb 27, 2024
Reactions: locked*n*loaded and EvisceratedJester
YandereMikuMistress

YandereMikuMistress

you say falling victim to myself is weak, so be it
Apr 26, 2023
Man I was raised as a jw so I kinda know what you mean, I was one of those people having to go door to door from the age of five to around 13 but it's not that I wanted to, the only worldy people id talk to where r the brother and sisters at the kingdom hall and the few people I met throughout being pulled in and out of school, i know in the congregation i was in and the people I went preaching with had a note book of "do not returns" some listen some don't, I don't understand why..
They somehow knew I stole a small pebble out of the girls bathroom when I was younger, I remember them I donno discretely trying to call me out without saying my name because one of the elders went up on the stage and made some speech about somone stealing from gods house and how God knows these things and for whomever took from jehovahs hall needs to return the item, later the elder talked to me after the meeting but it wasn't about the pebble it just seemed odd as he never approachs me mabye I'm delusional mabye it was somthing else but I've had many of my fair share of experiences with jws I know foe a fact there not all bad or insane people but definitely allota vulnerable people

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, GoatHerder, Blurry_Buildings and 1 other person
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
i know in the congregation i was in and the people I went preaching with had a note book of "do not returns" some listen some don't,
That seems to be what I've experienced. I've always told them I'm not interested and to please not come back. Things are good for a while, usually, but it never lasts. New people I've never seen before show up and I tell them the same thing. Then more time might go by and others that I have seen before show up again. It's like they only "temporarily" stay away. And the real kicker is that their hall isn't anywhere even near my neighborhood. It's at least 5 miles away. It's not even in my city. It's in an adjoining city. There are all kinds of neighborhoods near their hall, but for some reason they like to come over to my neighborhood to do their prosletyzing. And it's not just my door they knock on. I don't want to come off as it is. They knock on every door in the whole neighborhood. They've caught me when I've been sleeping before, and that really pisses me off. I mean I think it's utterly ridiculous that they can go around doing what they do as they have no idea what is going on in someone's home. Related, but not exactly the same, is when I was caregiver for my mother, who was under Hospice care and dying, there was a knock at the door. It was one of those clowns trying to get you to switch energy suppliers. I went off on the dude. The knock on the door scared the hell out my mom to start with, and there was just more important things going on without having to deal with a solicitation to change energy suppliers. I can only imagine what very old people must feel every time they get an unexpected knock on their doors.

One's home is supposed to be their sanctuary. These solicitations keep people from the quiet enjoyment of their home. There's just no peace anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: Blurry_Buildings and YandereMikuMistress
YandereMikuMistress

YandereMikuMistress

you say falling victim to myself is weak, so be it
Apr 26, 2023
That seems to be what I've experienced. I've always told them I'm not interested and to please not come back. Things are good for a while, usually, but it never lasts. New people I've never seen before show up and I tell them the same thing. Then more time might go by and others that I have seen before show up again. It's like they only "temporarily" stay away. And the real kicker is that their hall isn't anywhere even near my neighborhood. It's at least 5 miles away. It's not even in my city. It's in an adjoining city. There are all kinds of neighborhoods near their hall, but for some reason they like to come over to my neighborhood to do their prosletyzing. And it's not just my door they knock on. I don't want to come off as it is. They knock on every door in the whole neighborhood. They've caught me when I've been sleeping before, and that really pisses me off. I mean I think it's utterly ridiculous that they can go around doing what they do as they have no idea what is going on in someone's home. Related, but not exactly the same, is when I was caregiver for my mother, who was under Hospice care and dying, there was a knock at the door. It was one of those clowns trying to get you to switch energy suppliers. I went off on the dude. The knock on the door scared the hell out my mom to start with, and there was just more important things going on without having to deal with a solicitation to change energy suppliers. I can only imagine what very old people must feel every time they get an unexpected knock on their doors.

One's home is supposed to be their sanctuary. These solicitations keep people from the quiet enjoyment of their home. There's just no peace anymore.
The feeling is understandable i know how their neighborhood choices work to an extent like let's say there where enough pioneers in there neighbor hood and the neighbor hoods near by and they just reach there net further when there are a supposed " sufficient " amount of JWS to go door to door, and the religion is only growing its come a long way, not in a good way persay but it's fucked man it's all just Orchestrated by our governing body of Witnesses the amount of fuck shit that they spew is laughable, I remember genuinely either loosing my cool or laughing from the lunacy, last guy I listened to was samuel herd, I hate em all, the religion is misogynistic as hell and they have no acknowledgment of it, the elders can only consist of men because hold positions of authority in the religion same goes for the governing body.

• Hugs
Reactions: locked*n*loaded and Blurry_Buildings
Downdraft

Downdraft

Feb 6, 2024
Once, a witness handled me a propaganda paper, and I blew my nose with it as response.

It's by far the least mature and sensitive way to handle it, but as damn effective as saying you worship the devil.

K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
I don't answer the door to anyone unless I am expecting a visitor who has called ahead (I don't always answer the phone either). If somehow I do open the door or answer the phone without looking at who it is, I do one of two things - I tell them that I would like to convert them (I am agnostic, but they don't know that) or pretend not to understand English. Works every time!

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I don't answer the door to anyone unless I am expecting a visitor who has called ahead (I don't always answer the phone either). If somehow I do open the door or answer the phone without looking at who it is, I do one of two things - I tell them that I would like to convert them (I am agnostic, but they don't know that) or pretend not to understand English. Works every time!
Sure, I can just not answer the door. I mean whoever comes to my door is going to be either selling something, trying to get me to switch utility companies, or proselytizing their beliefs. Even if you ignore them, they always come back. Ideally, I want to dissuade them from even knocking on my door in the first place.