Tomoko

Tomoko

Unpopular
Aug 12, 2021
Me and my dad do not get along very well as we have very different world views. However, a relative has told me I am apparently a spitting image of my late mother. I'm told I look like her, dress like her (wearing a lot of black) and have a mega addiction to monster energy drinks just as she did, as well as... her horrible emotional instability. Hooray. It's weird being told as a guy that I am so similar (even in looks) to a woman who was in her late 20s, but oh well. Apparently my favourite band was also her favourite band... I guess history repeats itself.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking, auror., Seiba and 4 others
K

Ken Ough

Jan 28, 2021
Completely different. They're the type of people I never want to be around.
Too bad they're the only ones who still know about my existence.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking, hʚll and deflationary
S like suicide

S like suicide

Enlightened
Apr 29, 2021
Inevitably my parents passed on their shit genes and their loser genetics to me.It is not my fault ... if I had been able to choose I would never have chosen them as parents, I would have preferred to be an orphan and live in an orphanage all my life, in my family I felt more alone and misunderstood than ever.I feel very different from them in the way I think but unfortunately their shitty genetics weighs on me ... it's like a curse

Reactions: Alwaysbadtime
deflationary

deflationary

Fussy exister. Living in the epilogue
Mar 11, 2020
Not similar in any way I can see. I can't believe I'm related to these people.

Reactions: hʚll
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I am pretty different to my parents, for the most part they seem to enjoy living which is nothing like me of course. I do not have that much in common in general with them. However both of my parents are prone to anxiety and easily get stressed and that is what I am like.

Reactions: stygal
Alwaysbadtime

Alwaysbadtime

Enlightened
Jun 28, 2021
They were upwardly mobile and experienced life milestones while I have not. They travel I do not. They are never bored and aren't worried about the future while I am 100 percent. Really they are nothing like me. Very glad I do not have to see them now or ever again.

Reactions: Tomo and Tomoko
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
My dad is what I'll become if I continue to exist. Just living with him was enough to ruin my life forever

• Hugs
Reactions: S like suicide and Tomoko
Tomo

Tomo

Oct 31, 2018
They gave me several of the mental issues I have today but other than that we don't have much in common. I always get the sense that my dad disagrees with everything I have to say so I rarely talk to him about some things. It hurts the most that he always picks apart the things about me that are like my mom, it just tells me he doesn't respect her personality.

Reactions: Tomoko and Alwaysbadtime
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Im the polar opposite of both of my parents.

Reactions: Tomoko
Seiba

Seiba

Arcanist
Jun 13, 2021
Mother is very extroverted and emotionally indulgent. I'm not similar. Not sure of my father, I was largely raised by a single mother and sometimes visited grandparents. My father was more interested in drugs than children.

• Hugs
Reactions: Elysium Searcher and Tomoko
one.way.out

one.way.out

Student
Jul 9, 2021
My mother has depression, so I guess I'm similar to her. My father has some anger issues, so I'm similar to him in that regard.

Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
I look a lot like my father, so much so that my mother reproaches me at times, perhaps I inherited his lack of motivation, his indifference and his low expectations, apart from some physical characteristics.

A

auror.

Jun 7, 2021
My parents are opposites of each other and only have a few things in common.

Intrinsically, I differ from both of them. But I think that if you spend enough time with anyone, you start to emulate them. Or at least I do.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
In terms of shallow things we are different, in terms of total power we are unfortunately extremely similar.

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
I'm a mad and twisted reflection of them.

Lmd

Lmd

Elementalist
Jul 12, 2020
I have all the bad mentally things. Luckily they are totally opposite so I'm balanced. Physically I took almost everything good to destroy it.

stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
My face is physically exactly half my mom (eyes and general form) and half my father (mouth and nose).
It's kind of eerie. When I look at photos of them I can exactly see "where I come from" - never liked that fact and rather would have been optically/psychologically independent from the start (though I have nothing against my mother atm)

When it comes to character I'd say I'm different to both of them.

I don't have a temper/ mood swings at all (not even when stressed - which I also never show), I rarely complain about things (even if they go wrong/hurt me), I start to cry easily (never seen my father cry),
I'm not pushy/manipulative (in a bad way),
I'm very generous towards people I like,
I'm super quiet, I'm self-sustained in my existence, I'm unhappy.

Some things I do have in common:
being a misanthrope, being very polite/having manners (on the outside),
not being religious, some of my "intelligence", being a bit paranoid about everything.

So I guess it's a mixture - can't really free myself from my relatives.

Last edited:
Reactions: FuneralCry and Tomoko