• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

D

Dark-Knight

Experienced
Feb 18, 2023
I keep the 2 packages of sn in separate drawers. I know sn should be stored at room temperature, in a cool and dry place, away from sunlight. I saw people mention storing it in an airtight container but I'm not sure what that is, I don't think I have that at home either.

The 2 sn I have are from DMC and BO, for those who don't know BO is a german company who sells sn from the polish company BM.

I got one package of 100 g from DMC, it arrived in late May, it came wrapped in a cardboard paper, there's probably some type of bag inside containing sn. I also got one package of 1 kg from BM, it arrived during June and it came in a cardboard box, I think there's a bottle inside that has sn, at least that's what it looked like on the website.

I haven't opened any of them yet, I keep them in drawers. I thought keeping them there would be fine since they're not open yet so they're not exposed to air, they're at room temperature, away from sunlight but because I saw people mention airtight containers I'm not sure now if I store them properly. Is it necessary to store them in those containers if they're not opened yet or is the way I keep them fine? I'm asking this because I'm worried they might go bad if I had to store them differently. From what I read about the stability of sn, it should be fine and last a long time without losing its purity even in not so good conditions but I'm not sure

Last edited:
Reactions: Into-the-abyss
smaragdyne

smaragdyne

Jul 21, 2024
Basically the usual stuff like you said, cool, dry, and dark. Just try to limit air and oxygen exposure.

Most types of plastic are going to be fine for years. However...

Nothing beats glass. SN sealed in a dark glass ampoule would last basically forever.

If you're planning on keeping your SN for more than a few years, I would consider transferring it to glass bottles/jars (canning jars are great for air-tight seals, and people cure meat in them so I guess nitrites are ok with the lids?).

D

Dark-Knight

Experienced
Feb 18, 2023
Basically the usual stuff like you said, cool, dry, and dark. Just try to limit air and oxygen exposure.

Most types of plastic are going to be fine for years. However...

Nothing beats glass. SN sealed in a dark glass ampoule would last basically forever.

If you're planning on keeping your SN for more than a few years, I would consider transferring it to glass bottles/jars (canning jars are great for air-tight seals, and people cure meat in them so I guess nitrites are ok with the lids?).
I haven't opened the packages yet, the sn inside them isn't exposed to air, just the outside of the package is exposed since basically there's oxygen everywhere. I don't want to live much longer so I don't think I'll keep them for many years, I'll choose which sn to take whether from DMC or BO. So the way I keep them is fine? Like I said they're in separate drawers, I think drawers provide those conditions such as cool, dry, dark, away from sunlight, although it's summer so while not as hot as outside, the temperature in my room isn't very low but the packages aren't opened so maybe it's fine. Also the packages are made from cardboard like I said in my original post, the sn from DMC is wrapped in a cardboard paper and the one from BO is in a bottle inside a cardboard box. I'm just not sure if it's ok the way I store them, if I use sn soon I'm worried it might have lost some of its purity

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
If you haven't seen it yet, here's an additional thread about it:

D

Dark-Knight

Experienced
Feb 18, 2023
If you haven't seen it yet, here's an additional thread about it:
I saw it but I'm still not sure if the way I store my sn is fine or not. I didn't open the packages yet, is it ok if I keep them in drawers?

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
I saw it but I'm still not sure if the way I store my sn is fine or not. I didn't open the packages yet, is it ok if I keep them in drawers?
I don't see any contraindications.

I keep my SN in its original container (I didn't even open the courier package) in a drawer.

To my knowledge this is not a problem.

Just don't open the original container unless you have to.

If your room is not subject to extreme temperatures and moisture does not get into the container, there should be no problem.

D

Dark-Knight

Experienced
Feb 18, 2023
I don't see any contraindications.

I keep my SN in its original container (I didn't even open the courier package) in a drawer.

To my knowledge this is not a problem.

Just don't open the original container unless you have to.

If your room is not subject to extreme temperatures and moisture does not get into the container, there should be no problem.
I understand, thank you. I'll only open the packages when I'll test them but until then I keep them closed just like they arrived

Reactions: Agon321