N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
Can you still make or enjoy jokes? Can you be free from sorrows sometimes and just relax? Can you laugh at yourself and feel some easiness?

My answer is complicated but in general I would say for me life is way way more serious than for my friends. I especially notice that when we are talking about video games or other hobbies. My friends take them so serious, not losing in a game, new releases of games etc. Even as a child I could not feel the easiness they still feel. Winnig in a game does not mean much to me. I have very serious problems, I worry daily a lot. I experience huge pressure and I barely feel easiness. It is hard to me to relax but I am more skilled at it than in the past.

I sometimes do jokes also about myself. And I am glad I can make my friends smile sometimes. But honestly I can talk at one minutes about my obsession concerning suicide with them and then crack a funny or nasty joke about other stuff.

I am quite serious about life. And I often think what I have been through and what I have to expect from the future. I have existential sorrows. And it is hard to cope with them. But this does not mean I could not make any jokes anymore. Life is cynical. I can be that too.

• Hugs
Reactions: BitterlyAlive_ and Ginnn
hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
I take life quite seriously that is why I think it is fair to say enough.

catflowers

catflowers

Experienced
Jul 31, 2022
i don't give a fuck if i die it makes me so happy

Reactions: Un-
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I never feel relaxed and I see nothing positive about living at all. Life is very serious and to laugh at anything would invalidate all the cruelty and suffering that exists. I believe that wanting suicide is just seeing the world for what it really is, to me suicide is a rational decision as I believe that my life is not worth living. Life is so horrible as anyone could end up in the worst pain possible at any moment. To me life is just endless problems and misery all for the sake of it, and only death will bring relief.

catflowers

catflowers

Experienced
Jul 31, 2022
I never feel relaxed and I see nothing positive about living at all. Life is very serious and to laugh at anything would invalidate all the cruelty and suffering that exists. I believe that wanting suicide is just seeing the world for what it really is, to me suicide is a rational decision as I believe that my life is not worth living. Life is so horrible as anyone could end up in the worst pain possible at any moment. To me life is just endless problems and misery all for the sake of it, and only death will bring relief.
life is overated as fuck we are all gonna die no matter how rich poor or famous we ae not sure why people take life so seriously

Reactions: Lost in a Dream, Un- and Hollowman
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
Younger people tend to be more serious than older ones I think. Realising how shit things really are doesn't mean you can't ever laugh or see the funny side.

Reactions: GrumpyFrog, Celerity and rationaltake
y'ffre

y'ffre

My English could be bad :)
Aug 15, 2022
Nope, It's not serious. Not even a little bit.

niiina

niiina

🌸
Aug 20, 2022
I have no idea. I just know I want to get the fuck out of here, I don't know if it's serious or not, what I know is that it's insufferable

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I think not taking it seriously could make it easier to escape the bad luck I have had here- it's less than a hundred years out of all of eternity, and in this case I had really bad luck, which is true for pretty much all of the 1 in 60 people who end up leaving by ctb.

Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Dark humor is the solution. I really push the envelope as much as I can. When you can't cry, laugh.

Reactions: freedompass
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
Can you still make or enjoy jokes?
I find it hard, and when I do it's that sick-to-your-stomach kind of humor. Even when it's light humor, because there seems to be something very dark to me about laughing even at light things when life is so fucking horrid.

Can you be free from sorrows sometimes and just relax?
Never fully.

Can you laugh at yourself and feel some easiness?
No. I'm too defensive and insecure.

In general I take life fairly seriously. I never understood the appeal of The Joker for example, or the mentality that a lot of his mentally ill fans gravitate toward.

• Hugs
Reactions: noname223
foreverfalling

foreverfalling

Experienced
Jul 22, 2022
Yes I tend to take things seriously. Jokes are fine, I joke all the time, but in terms of making decisions and doing things. When I need to buy something, I will try to find the cheapest price before buying, and I'll beat myself up if afterwards I find it cheaper somewhere else. Or I will carefully consider whether I need something or not before doing it, or worry endlessly about the consequences. I see other people so carefree doing whatever they want, and not worrying about these 'small' things, when I consider these things to be serious.

In general I take life fairly seriously. I never understood the appeal of The Joker for example, or the mentality that a lot of his mentally ill fans gravitate toward.

The Joker is the antithesis to this. In trying to live life seriously, I end up not being able to live it, because every decision is serious and comes with great weight to me. Only in treating it like a joke can you live freely without worry, because it's all a joke and so nothing matters, whatever the outcome. In a way it disgusts me, because I am idealistic and wish that life is fair, and that being serious and putting in effort should be rewarded.

• Love
Reactions: akana
M

Molded foundation

Student
Sep 17, 2021
I don't give a fuck about anybody. I ride solo. I'm going through this life living it up to the fullest. Quality over quantity.

S

Sick of it all

It's only a matter of time and I'm running out
Aug 17, 2022
Deadly serious.

Fowli

Fowli

Sep 15, 2022
Honestly I don't care about being alive or dying.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Making jokes and goofing off is about all I can do, many days. When you have been unwell for years you learn to live with it on some level. You're utterly miserable and depressed underneath it of course, but you can't change it and you haven't died yet. So you go on. And humor is a part of that, as much as some people try to tell you that it isn't.

• Love
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
A

Autumn11

Sep 14, 2022
Not serious in one sense. Too serious in other senses.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Wait, we're supposed to be taking any of this seriously?

CTB Dream

CTB Dream

Injury damage disabl hard talk no argu make fun et
Sep 17, 2022
Not know what serious what bot all nonsense cruel make hurt suffering

• Hugs
Reactions: Suicidebydeath