Votes: 52 30.2%
  • 30-40

Votes: 29 16.9%
  • Older

Votes: 21 12.2%

• Total voters
MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
I'm 19 just wondering how old people here are

Reactions: Rocinante, Clasrink and Nlis2244
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I'm 19 just wondering how old people here are
I turned 23 a few weeks ago. Mentally I feel like I'm 17 or 18 though, 19 at most. I hate the fact that we have to get older each year

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: 4am, binturong, godsseepiestsoldier and 4 others
MiMif

MiMif

Sep 13, 2023
I turned 23 a few weeks ago. Mentally I feel like I'm 17 or 18 though, 19 at most. I hate the fact that we have to get older each year
I'm not going to lie I'm the opposite. I want to hurry up and grow up so I don't have to rely on my parents anymore and just be alone and not be forced to interact with people. I'm hoping on being an online freelancer...I really dislike people all I wish for is solitude...I'm hoping maybe then I won't be suicidal anymore.

Reactions: zeevo, godsseepiestsoldier and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I'm not going to lie I'm the opposite. I want to hurry up and grow up so I don't have to rely on my parents anymore and just be alone and not be forced to interact with people. I'm hoping on being an online freelancer...I really dislike people all I wish for is solitude...I'm hoping maybe then I won't be suicidal anymore.
Interesting, I wish I never had to grow up. I honestly never even though that I would live past 18. Being an adult and having to enter adulthood actively makes me suicidal. My hard exit point is 25, I can't imagine living past that. I don't want to and I never will.

I hate interacting with people as well and I wish I could live in solitude, and I hate that this world is built on social interaction and connection. Honestly I'm a modern day hermit right now and I wish I could be one forever. I'm a shut-in who never wants to enter or engage with the real world. I don't want to have to interact with people just to make a living. I hate the fact that we have to earn our livings in this world.

• Hugs
Reactions: 4am, binturong, InTheAirTonight and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
22, will be 23 in a couple of months, I really feel like I've been trapped in this existence for far too long at this point and it fills me with so much dread how this existence could potentially continue for much longer.

• Love
Reactions: 4am, 0000000000000, fwompie and 3 others
Ruma

Ruma

Experienced
Dec 26, 2021
I'm 48!

Reactions: Joarga, SwissAndTired, DesperateDan and 2 others
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
22, will be 23 in a couple of months, I really feel like I've been trapped in this existence for far too long at this point and it fills me with so much dread how this existence could potentially continue for much longer.
Same! I've been trapped here long enough and I wish that I could finally escape and have a way out

girlsboysthems

girlsboysthems

no i dont have a gun
Dec 19, 2022
i am the boy that is too young to be singing the blues.

• Love
Reactions: maka and MiMif
stuckinfiction

stuckinfiction

frothy frog
Sep 28, 2023
Turning 23 in a few months. Growing up with abusive parents, I wish I had a childhood that I could look back to with fond memories. Life has been shitty for a long time for me. Moving on to adulthood and needing to work to live has further exacerbated my desire to CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: sadwriter, real human being, vitbar and 2 others
MiMif

MiMif

Sep 13, 2023
Unrelated but I really love the quote you have ". Relatable

Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
23 years old, even if I'm mentally a teen, I'm still 23 chronologically.

Reactions: sadwriter, Unending and MiMif
SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
Just turned 20 this summer lol. I never thought I could live this long when I was 15 or smth, but sadly here I am.

Reactions: MiMif
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Moving on to adulthood and needing to work to live has further exacerbated my desire to CTB.
Same! Adulthood and having to be an adult is the main reason why I'm suicidal. I hate the fact that we have to work to live

Reactions: stuckinfiction and vitbar
vitbar

vitbar

Escaped Lunatic
Jun 4, 2023
Same! Adulthood and having to be an adult is the main reason why I'm suicidal. I hate the fact that we have to work to live
Mood. It's was almost too much to keep my head above the water before, let alone now I have to go to work most days. Not exactly an appealing existence.

Reactions: sserafim
totalselfhatred

totalselfhatred

Aug 27, 2023
21 but I'm stuck at 16-17. I feel like I've died when I was a teenager

Reactions: sserafim and S like suicide
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
20. My counter will most likely stop at this number. You can see that there are a lot of young people on this site, which is quite disturbing. The fact that we live in the best times in the history of our civilization shows what an abyss we are in.

Reactions: sserafim
HollowDrop

HollowDrop

ah
Oct 4, 2023
I'll turn 30 next year. After hitting 18 years started to just blend together, sometimes I forget how old I am.

Reactions: Nanidash, Skathon, SwissAndTired and 3 others
R

randal_bond

Me encantaria practicar ES con Hispanohablantes.
Oct 23, 2018
The results are crazy (but very predictable). 70% are people under 30, and almost half are 18-22. Maybe, it's really worth waiting till you're a bit older to make a decision? I know it's not a popular opinion, but the poll results make me wonder.

Reactions: social_anxiety, SwissAndTired and MiMif
MiMif

MiMif

Sep 13, 2023
The results are crazy (but very predictable). 70% are people under 30, and almost half are 18-22. Maybe, it's really worth waiting till you're a bit older to make a decision? I know it's not a popular opinion, but the poll results make me wonder.
I'm trying to wait till I'm 25

Reactions: Death is beautiful, totalselfhatred and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
21 but I'm stuck at 16-17. I feel like I've died when I was a teenager
Same! I also feel like I died when I was a teenager. My life hasn't felt real ever since 2018, I probably died then and switched timelines or something

I'm also stuck at like 17 or 18
I'm trying to wait till I'm 25
Yeah same, but by the way things are going I'm probably gonna have to go out soon :/
20. My counter will most likely stop at this number. You can see that there are a lot of young people on this site, which is quite disturbing. The fact that we live in the best times in the history of our civilization shows what an abyss we are in.
Yeah my counter will stop at 25 max. Probably more like 23 though

We are in an abyss, it's "the best time in the history of our civilization" yet life is still so miserable for so many people, and so many are suffering. I blame late-stage capitalism for this.
Mood. It's was almost too much to keep my head above the water before, let alone now I have to go to work most days. Not exactly an appealing existence.
Yeah, that literally makes me want to die. In fact that's one of the leading causes why I want to die: having to work to live and *earn* your living. I'm just so exhausted and done with life as an adult. I hate that the world runs on money and we all have to make money to survive and pay for our existence. Fuck adulthood! It's literally a scam. Existence this way is not appealing at all

Last edited:
Reactions: totalselfhatred and MiMif
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
I'm in my 40's. I should have died at birth or, even better, never have existed at all. Poor, dear mom and dad, really made a bad decision in having me.

• Aww..
Reactions: Skathon, real human being and MiMif
Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
I'm 19 now since September 27th.

AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
I'm in my 40's. I should have died at birth or, even better, never have existed at all. Poor, dear mom and dad, really made a bad decision in having me.
I'm also in the 40's and agree with your sentiment. Once when I was nine while fighting with my mom I asked her why she didn't abort me. I didn't ask to be here. Since then I've become an anti-natatalist on a personal level.

real human being

real human being

full of broken thoughts
Jan 28, 2022
I think it might just be about what demographics of people use internet forums and are technologically literate enough to even find this website.

Reactions: Skathon
R

randal_bond

Me encantaria practicar ES con Hispanohablantes.
Oct 23, 2018
I read somewhere that teenagers are the most suicidal age group.

Reactions: ForgottenAgain
U

umopep!sdn128

Oct 8, 2023
24. I physically and mentally do not correspond to this age, I almost never even worked because I hate it. I can't stand it when people say that a person "should have achieved something in life" by a certain age, have a career and a family and all that crap. I don't give a damn about these social norms.

Reactions: binturong, InTheAirTonight, sadwriter and 2 others
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
24. I physically and mentally do not correspond to this age, I almost never even worked because I hate it. I can't stand it when people say that a person "should have achieved something in life" by a certain age, have a career and a family and all that crap. I don't give a damn about these social norms.
Literally! I hate these social norms and expectations

Reactions: sadwriter