TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
If I skip school, I feel guilty since my parents pay for it. If I don't, I feel anxious and exhausted. In a week, I usually stay home for 1-2 school days. Like... you're supposed to "take time for yourself" or something like that, but I need to do that every day... My quality of life was tremendously better when I was on holiday last week.

• Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad, botanormal, death137 and 1 other person
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
Good question...during my last school years I went weeks and weeks of "being sick" since we were able to excuse ourselves. I hated having to go to school. It depressed me because I felt like I didn't fit in.

• Hugs
Reactions: SkarletWitch, botanormal, death137 and 2 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
When I was your age, not that I know your age, I used to skip school a lot. With the "cool gang" smoking and drinking coffee at the streets. Miss those days, miss being me...

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: SkarletWitch, botanormal, death137 and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I used to skip school lots and I loved it!
I disliked most of my classmates so it was great to not see them and have fun with my real friends.
(Anyway, I was so responsible that I kept an assistance log so as no to go overboard with my abscenses lol)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: lobster salad, botanormal, death137 and 2 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I used to skip school lots and I loved it!
I disliked most of my classmates so it was great to not see them and have fun with my real friends.
(Anyway, I was so responsible that I kept an assistance log so as no to go overboard with my abscenses lol)
I used to fake my Dad's signature giving me permission to skip, oh my...

• Love
Reactions: lobster salad, botanormal, death137 and 2 others
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
from 400 hours missed up to 700 hours missed in one year.

the year with 400 hours missed i miraculously passed. but with 700 hours i guess half of the school grades i didn't even get a grade cause i wasn't really present.

i guess at some point they even gave up for asking for excuses ^^

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: TheSoulless, botanormal, stygal and 2 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020

the year with 400 hours missed i miraculously passed. but with 700 hours i guess half of the school grades i didn't even get a grade cause i wasn't really present.

On my rebel year at school, there was a language teacher I couldn't stand, so in the tests I would write silly things to the question, like was China main export and I would reply bubble gum. The teacher couldn't stand me lol.

Reactions: TheSoulless, botanormal, death137 and 1 other person
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
On my rebel year at school, there was a language teacher I couldn't stand, so in the tests I would write silly things to the question, like was China main export and I would reply bubble gum. The teacher couldn't stand me lol.

had some pretty assholish geographic teacher. his was pretty right wing and also sexist. and once we had to learn about 1000 names of citys seas and other landmarks from our country. i found that so stupid and refused to learn it.
and i knew when he tests me this question will come up. i just answered that i find this too stupid and he should continue with the next question ^^

Reactions: TheSoulless, botanormal, stygal and 1 other person
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
I used to skip a lot because of depression and social anxiety. It started at grade 12 and intensified at university. The longest was about 2 months. I've missed entire final exams few times. Now I'm a dropout.

• Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad, SkarletWitch, Weeping Garbage Can and 3 others
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
My last year of high school, I skipped a lot. There was one class I actually skipped so much, I kind of forgot where it even was in the building. Oddly, I never skipped anything in college, but I was forced to quit early. Sometimes I think about going back, but I don't think I could handle it at all at this point.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheSoulless and botanormal
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020

This. I had so many missed hours at some point they stopped asking whether I would attend the next week at all. Still passed my A-levels with very good grades.
Just learned it all on my own.
had some pretty assholish geographic teacher. his was pretty right wing and also sexist. and once we had to learn about 1000 names of citys seas and other landmarks from our country. i found that so stupid and refused to learn it.
and i knew when he tests me this question will come up. i just answered that i find this too stupid and he should continue with the next question ^^
Reminds me of a chemistry teacher who told us that the girls only were there to get "higher market value" and if we (the female students) failed his class he was like "now you'll have more time learning what you were naturally meant to do: cooking and cleaning" smh.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: lobster salad, TheSoulless, botanormal and 1 other person
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
"How often do you skip school?"

What a thing to read on a suicide forum.
What a sad indictment of modern society, that children want to kill themselves to escape it.

• Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad, Skathon, TheSoulless and 2 others
T

TotallyIsolated

Mage
Nov 25, 2019
I hated school but I was too much of a goody two shoes loser to skip any. I did stop trying at university in the final year cos I was totally burned out and miserable.

• Hugs
Reactions: lobster salad, SkarletWitch and TheSoulless