N

NG_Kasumi

Jun 22, 2021
It's been 3 days since I last ate. Honestly I have no energy or desire to consume food. I drink water and that's about it. Maybe some people here experience this as well?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: lofticries, Skathon, nosurpries and 7 others
X

xo777

are we almost there?
Apr 5, 2022
I go through phases i'll eat fine but sometimes the motivation is just gone and it seems pointless

Reactions: Lost Magic, ð–£´ nadia ð–£´, houseofleaves and 3 others
C

chloramine

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2022
I get that. I still live at home so I almost always eat one meal a day to keep up appearances, but there are so many days when I just. Don't bother. Too tired and uncaring and it just doesn't feel worth it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, ð–£´ nadia ð–£´, houseofleaves and 2 others
Judy Garland

Judy Garland

HoHum
Mar 23, 2022
I only eat one meal a day and it's usually two or three hotdogs and that's it. It's too exhausting for me to actually buy ingredients and make an actual meal. I don't even want to eat once a day, I merely do it to get rid of the pain of hunger. I no longer enjoy food. The rest of the day I have a few cups of coffee and that's it.

Reactions: Skathon, Shivali, PrisonBreak and 2 others
DreamSurfer

DreamSurfer

Beyond this reality the waves of peace await
Apr 8, 2022
I eat one meal a day, sometimes not until late in the evening. And sometimes a bowl of cereal aside from said meal. Caffeine is my main energy source otherwise.

Reactions: Skathon and Un-
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
I eat regularly but lightly--That's why,at 6 feet tall,I'm only 169 lbs---Gardein health burgers each day(just 1 min 40 sec in mw),peanut butter,fruit,spinach,carrots

P

Parnate

Student
Dec 16, 2021
I overeat. A lot. While on antidepressants I ate like a beast and it made me gain weight. One of the reasons I had yo quit my medications.

Reactions: DreamSurfer and houseofleaves
yıη

yıη

So if I escape, will my pain go away?
Jun 22, 2022
I eat little bites here and there. I definitely eat something every day, but it seems pointless to do things considered taking care of myself when I want to die. Lately no matter how hungry I become; everything just seems to taste disgusting. I sit and lay my head against the fridge, pleading with myself to eat, but I can't seem to get myself to do it.
If I do put food in my mouth, I chew and chew until it's liquid and physically cannot seem to get my brain to tell my body to swallow. Every day seems to be noticeably worse than the last. I fear that I too will soon go days without eating.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie and Un-
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
I guess VSED is a more viable method for people who don't want to eat. I wonder if attempts at VSED would actw create a desire to eat and kind of fix the issue of not wanting to eat. Not that I suggest anyone tries this for that purpose! Really don't do that. It's just a musing I had.

I experienced being unable to eat at the start of my illness and it was horrible. I loved food previously. I lost 5stone in 4 months. Had errosive gastritis, linear errosions and a few other things I forget the name of.

As someone that really enjoyed food it was quite crappy not having that creature comfort as well as feeling horrific and having all these weird things happening to my body and mind (accidental poisoning). So I can totally understand how bleak your days must be having been there too. It sucks. Do you guys/girls know why you're like this? If you're othereise healthy of body and mind I'd suggest microdosing cannabis if you would like to gain an appetite without becoming addict to a medication. The good thing with cannabis is it wears off in a couple of hours but some of the sedative and appetite enhancing effects can last a good while. If you're not keen or stable enough to use it without adverse psych effects I'd steer clear though. However cbd cannabis could be an option if you have access. Nothing like the munchies to provide that appreciation for flavour and sustainance.

Reactions: houseofleaves
Fadeawaaaay

Fadeawaaaay

Visionary
Nov 12, 2021
I was an amazing cook and used to eat wonderful food… Now cereal and can soup… Good food is expensive and I just don't seem to care anymore anyway

Reactions: DreamSurfer and houseofleaves
jcksonb22

jcksonb22

deadboy
Jul 18, 2021
once a day. and i have over 5 years experience as a line cook. stress kills my appetite. age 23

W

wannawayout

Jun 22, 2022
I go through phases where I either eat too much or eat very little

Reactions: Élégie, houseofleaves and Un-
L

lifeisbutadream

Warlock
Oct 4, 2018
I eat one meal a day, sometimes not until late in the evening. And sometimes a bowl of cereal aside from said meal. Caffeine is my main energy source otherwise.

Very similar. Many of us here seem to eat only one late meal a day.

Reactions: Élégie, Un-, Skathon and 1 other person
deathlamp

deathlamp

creature made of clay
Jul 7, 2022
i eat 3 meals a day because im in eating disorder recovery and staying consistent w food is better den da alternative. but b4 my ed i would usually eat 1 meal a day and occasionally go around 3 days widout eating.

GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
Proper meals? Once or twice a day.
But I'm a snacks guy and also drink bulk juice, so I'm kind of always full.

Snackstallest

N

nohopeleftanymoreno

Jul 9, 2022
Used to be regular but a small meal once a day now due to physical health problems. I'm sorry to see so many others have eating issues too.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do not enjoy eating, it is a chore, I only eat as I feel like I have to but I do eat everyday. It is tiring having to do the same meaningless tasks each day. Existing really is so tedious and I look forward to being free from it all. Being trapped in a human body really is so awful.

• Hugs
Reactions: Skathon, Emmie and Shivali
Shivali

Shivali

Mage
Jun 9, 2022
I often feel so sick of what is happening in the world and inside myself that I can only eat when I feel that it doesn't come up again right away.

western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
2-6 times a day, usually not enough. I'm supposed to have many small meals due to gastroparesis, but I forget to eat & don't always supplement with enough shakes. With work or other stress, and stimulant/other drug use, it can be hard.

O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
I don't eat every day, but when I do, it is usually just eggs, or a cup of broth, some fruit, or maybe a bowl of rice.

I cook and eat things that are mostly easy or things that can be cooked in large quantities at one time to limit my energy expenditure on cooking.

Reactions: Élégie
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I vary so much, I have done fasts up to two days and I go through times wheere I eat a lot. Overall I tend to eat too much rather than too little, though, since food lifts my mood when nothing else will. Are there any types of food that life your spirits? Careful with re-feeding after a three day fast, you do need to go slow.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I am atypical anorexic and I am obsessed by my weight. I eat quite often. It is hard to count. If we count all breaks like 8 meals a day. I am thin. I am only eating healthy stuff. It is my coping strategy for hunger to eat only small portions. Currently I have a lot of stress. I cope by drinking water. I think on some days I drink more than 6 liter water.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I am atypical anorexic and I am obsessed by my weight. I eat quite often. It is hard to count. If we count all breaks like 8 meals a day. I am thin. I am only eating healthy stuff. It is my coping strategy for hunger to eat only small portions. Currently I have a lot of stress. I cope by drinking water. I think on some days I drink more than 6 liter water.
There is one thing I would like to tell you just for your health- a lot of small meals per day was promoted as a healthy way to eat for as long time, but then science caught up with this and found out that it isn't because it causes blood sugars to spike so many times per day and this can lead to diabetes. so it is best to have two or three meals oer day, maybe a snack is ok. This promotion of many sdmall meals per day actually didn't take into account how blood sugars and iunsulin work. Just letting you know because this was misinformatino for a while.

MelancholyMagic

MelancholyMagic

For my next trick, I will disappear
Dec 12, 2021
I eat snacks throughout the day. Eating is a form of entertainment, even if I'm not very hungry.

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
There is one thing I would like to tell you just for your health- a lot of small meals per day was promoted as a healthy way to eat for as long time, but then science caught up with this and found out that it isn't because it causes blood sugars to spike so many times per day and this can lead to diabetes. so it is best to have two or three meals oer day, maybe a snack is ok. This promotion of many sdmall meals per day actually didn't take into account how blood sugars and iunsulin work. Just letting you know because this was misinformatino for a while.
I doubt that diabetes in likely in my case. I don't eat sweets for like a decade. I don't drink alcohol. And my blood is often tested and they always say you are perfectly healthy. Yeah and then I think. There is only one thing I am a mental wreck.

I fear other things. Some forms of cancer. I won't elaborate on that story now. It is kind of embarrassing. But I think the likelihood for me to get diabetes is pretty low. I should fear other conditions way more.

Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I eat less often than I did, but food is still one of the few pleasures in life.

hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
Two times a day usually. I have deal with eating disorders. I deal with one the most which is avoidant food intake disorder (arfid). So most food I don't eat. I binge eat ice cream though. I anxious eat everytime. But somehow I am still on my weight, luckily.

Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I aim for eating once a day and on most days I achieve it, but I'm not strict about it. I don't restrict how much I eat when I eat, I eat to fullness.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I doubt that diabetes in likely in my case. I don't eat sweets for like a decade. I don't drink alcohol. And my blood is often tested and they always say you are perfectly healthy. Yeah and then I think. There is only one thing I am a mental wreck.

I fear other things. Some forms of cancer. I won't elaborate on that story now. It is kind of embarrassing. But I think the likelihood for me to get diabetes is pretty low. I should fear other conditions way more.
If you like the eating plan how it is you can do this, but sometimes it is just easier to prepare two meals in a dy rather than to9 prepare eight or whatever. Anyway, to help your mental state, a couple of the biggest things are anetwork of support of family, friends, and possibly a relatinoship, and then financial concerns, plus any physical health concerns. How is your social suppot network of family and friends? Then are some good strategies for getting suportive friends that might be worth chatting about.