l0stc4use

l0stc4use

lonely
May 6, 2022
Im really embarrassed that I shower about once a week. I never thought that would be me because I was really clean and cared abt hygiene a lot. But it's too hard to shower now because I take about an hour long shower and it's so much work to clean myself. My mom has noticed and asked how often i shower. i feel really embarrassed about it but i don't know how to change this habit. Any advice too?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: bubo, wasteofspace532, S like suicide and 11 others
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
The owls don't shower ... now seriously, I've been very lazy for a long time and since my dizziness gets worse and I get dizzy I only shower in the early morning, but only if I haven't had a bad night or I'm not feeling well and ... that is to say I don't shower often ... yesterday yes, and 11 days ago, I was quite rested despite spending the rest of the day with dizziness.

But it has always cost me a lot, I am meticulous and do not see things as a whole, I clean up in pieces and sometimes I realize that I have left a lot of places and I let it be. And so I spend half an hour between showering and drying.

I've been thinking about buying wipes from those used by critically ill patients in hospitals for a long time, but once I used them and I was annoyed by the smell they made. To get out of the way and gain time they are pretty good, but nothing more. It doesn't matter to you.

Els mussols no ens dutxem... ara seriosament, jo fa temps que sóc molt deixat i com que se m'agreujen els vertígens i m'agafen marejos només em dutxo als matins a primera hora, però només si no he passat mala nit o no em trobo malament i... es a dir que no em dutxo sovint... ahír si, i ja feia 11 dies, vaig quedar força descansat tot i passar-me la resta del día amb vertígens.

Però sempre m'ha costat molt, sóc meticulós i no se veure les coses en el seu conjunt, vaig netejant a trossos i de vegades me n'adono que m'he deixat força llocs i ho deixo estar. I així passo mitja hora entre que em dutxo i m'aixugo.

Fa temps que penso de comprar tovalloletes d'aquelles que usen pels malalts crítics en els hospitals, però una vegada les vaig usar i em molestava la olor que feien. Per sortir del pas i guanyar temps estàn força bé, però rés més. Igual et serveix això.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, onlyanimalsaregood, BitterlyAlive_ and 1 other person
BitterlyAlive_

BitterlyAlive_

-
Dec 8, 2020
When I was really bad, I wouldn't shower for months. I couldn't. It was too much. I would keep baby wipes by where I slept - if I couldn't get out of bed, I wanted to try and clean myself a little bit. I would use baby powder in my hair, which helped a bit too.

I don't remember what changed, to be honest. Maybe it was trying to prepare myself for a huge, important trip? Maybe it was getting back to work? But I'm able to shower every two or three days now.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: mayumi, bubo, S like suicide and 5 others
l0stc4use

l0stc4use

lonely
May 6, 2022
When I was really bad, I wouldn't shower for months. I couldn't. It was too much. I would keep baby wipes by where I slept - if I couldn't get out of bed, I wanted to try and clean myself a little bit. I would use baby powder in my hair, which helped a bit too.

I don't remember what changed, to be honest. Maybe it was trying to prepare myself for a huge, important trip? Maybe it was getting back to work? But I'm able to shower every two or three days now.
i have a full time job and it doesn't help i'll just show up without showering :(

• Hugs
Reactions: S like suicide, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Dead Ghost and 1 other person
Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
I really only shower once a week, and have decided to reframe it as being a water conservation warrior, steadfastly fighting the horrors of climate change. Works for me…

Reactions: Élégie, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Foresight and 4 others
onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
i have a full time job and it doesn't help i'll just show up without showering :(
When I was really depressed I couldn't take a shower either. In fact, any small task was a challenge. Now I take a shower every other day.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Ghost and l0stc4use
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I shower everyday but there have been times where I went weeks without showering, usually when I was too scared of something to use the shower.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Dead Ghost and l0stc4use
NobodyKnowsMe

NobodyKnowsMe

Just biding my time
Dec 21, 2021
I typically only shower every other day since I started working from home. However, if I have to leave the house for any reason, I will shower even if I did the day before. That is primarily because these last few years my hair has gone back to super oily, like in my teenage days. On the days that I don't shower, I do a full wipe-down using baby wipes.

Reactions: l0stc4use
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
If I didn't shower every day I'd be absolutely fucked.

Reactions: fizi22, l0stc4use, Fragile and 1 other person
E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020
Daily. but when my depression was at its worst, I wouldn't shower for up to 2 weeks on end. this would be during the summer breaks from school, my parents would make me shower eventually since I'd be so gross. It was a tough time and I felt ashamed about being dirty.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, l0stc4use and Dead Ghost
T90-Alpha

T90-Alpha

Hopeless
Apr 21, 2022
I shower three times every day
how do y'all live for weeks at a time without showering???

Reactions: fizi22, l0stc4use, Fragile and 1 other person
empty sighs

empty sighs

deserves to die “しがみつくな”
Feb 14, 2022
Ngl once a week, every couple of days at best.
Lol I forget.

• Hugs
Reactions: l0stc4use and Dead Ghost
O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
I have gone from three days to a week without showering, etc.
Most days (which is usually every day), it is just too hard, and as long as I don't reek, I go about my day until I have the energy to wash, eat, etc.

• Hugs
Reactions: l0stc4use and Dead Ghost
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Daily. Some times twice a day.

Reactions: Skathon and l0stc4use
Q

Quiet Desperation

Lonely wanderer
Dec 7, 2020
When I was a functional human being, every day or every other day. Now that I'm not, all bets are off unless I must emerge from my cave or I begin to disgust myself.

Trouble maintaining hygiene is a primary symptom of depression.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, l0stc4use and Dead Ghost
FlaxFlower

FlaxFlower

Cheeto tiger
May 19, 2021
At my worst once or twice a week. Now that I'm living somewhere with a bathtub again, everyday. I love baths so that's helpful. I don't always soap up but I try not to beat myself up about it because it's not helpful and I did technically rinse off. Plus I only wash my hair once a week (for a few years now) so it doesn't get oily until day 5 or 6 usually. Washing hair feels like so much work, and since bathing is "easier" I do it more often. And if I'm sad I can fantasize about drowning and that calms me down!

Reactions: l0stc4use, T90-Alpha, Al_stargate and 1 other person
Al_stargate

Al_stargate

I was once a pretty angel
Mar 4, 2022
Before my issues I was active and did a lot of recreation so I would shower basically every day. Now, I have to force myself to shower when I begin to smell bad. Shaving is also a rare occurrence these days for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: fizi22, Élégie, l0stc4use and 1 other person
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
Showering is like therapy for me. It's self-soothing. I shower daily. I sit in the shower often if I'm dealing with chronic illness that day.

Reactions: Dead Ghost and l0stc4use
Shu

Shu

As above, So Below.
Jan 21, 2022
like once a month it seems

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: S like suicide, WorthlessTrash, Dead Ghost and 1 other person
Shepherd's boy

Shepherd's boy

I will go with you
May 19, 2022
1-2 times a week.

Reactions: Dead Ghost, StringPuppet, l0stc4use and 1 other person
l0stc4use

l0stc4use

lonely
May 6, 2022
i took a shower today :)

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Ghost and houseofleaves
S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
I enjoy showers it feels like something to do.

Reactions: l0stc4use and houseofleaves
Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
When you're severely depressed, it feels almost impossible to get in the shower, let alone brush your teeth or any other simple task.

It's gross, but that's the reality of it sometimes and for a lot of people. It's really hard.

Reactions: S like suicide, Élégie, Dead Ghost and 5 others
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I shower when I can but I do have those giant (medical) wet wipes for the days when I can't.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Ghost, OpheliasFlowers, l0stc4use and 1 other person
Trilucid

Trilucid

May 25, 2022
I try to pretty often. Not bragging about it though, because motivation for these things can be a burden at times.
I feel like at least I can have control of my hygiene so may as well act on it while I can.

Reactions: Dead Ghost, OpheliasFlowers and l0stc4use
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
I do it everyday. It's one of the few things that brings me comfort and relaxes me.

Reactions: Dead Ghost, OpheliasFlowers and l0stc4use
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Every day, but ironically i feel dirty doing so because in doing do I am reminded of my assigned sex at birth. Feeling disgusting showering is an unhealthy feeling.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: whatevs, l0stc4use, Suicidebydeath and 2 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i use to shower every 2-3 days but since i've had a brain injury 6 years now i've stopped showering because it cause too much discomfort i havent had a shower for at least 3 months now i just wash my self at the sink, i don't smell tho. on a side note i haven't brushed my teeth for years not that it matter has my parents never took me to the dentist and they have all decayed now

Reactions: l0stc4use
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
It has to be daily or I will stink more than I already do by the end of a work day.

Reactions: fizi22 and l0stc4use